The Right pulls people down and the Left pulls people up

3 posts / 0 new

The Right is always accusing the Left of pulling people down to a shared misery.

Here is a statement by Limbaugh. "The best way to describe the Barack Obama financial plan is trickle-up poverty. Everybody who's poor is going to stay that way; people who are in the middle class are going to get poorer and on up the ladder. It's trickle-up poverty via Obama's tax increases."

What is interesting is that here in Madison all I hear is the Right saying that anyone that is in a public union needs to pay their fair share. They are always saying things like, "why should I have to take a cut in pay and not them." I try to tell them that pulling other people down isn't going to help them but most of them refuse to listen.

So the Right is really the party that supports trickle-up poverty. Not the Left. It's trickle-up poverty via union busting.

TomandBarbara's picture
TomandBarbara

Comments

Quote TomandBarbara:

The Right is always accusing the Left of pulling people down to a shared misery.

Here is a statement by Limbaugh. "The best way to describe the Barack Obama financial plan is trickle-up poverty. Everybody who's poor is going to stay that way; people who are in the middle class are going to get poorer and on up the ladder. It's trickle-up poverty via Obama's tax increases."

What is interesting is that here in Madison all I hear is the Right saying that anyone that is in a public union needs to pay their fair share. They are always saying things like, "why should I have to take a cut in pay and not them." I try to tell them that pulling other people down isn't going to help them but most of them refuse to listen.

So the Right is really the party that supports trickle-up poverty. Not the Left. It's trickle-up poverty via union busting.

From my libertarian perspective, both the Left and the Right, despite their rhetoric, support policies that keep most people down. Most grassroots people on the Right and Left are honest, decent people who want what's best for the country and sincerely believe that the policies they support are helpful. Unfortunately, their respective leaderships are corrupt to the core and making a boatload of money promoting the false left/right paradigm.

FrankChodorov's picture
FrankChodorov

And obviously those libertarians are "miles" away from that, right? Not a chance!

The libertarians were calling for Obama to let GM and Chrysler fail, which would have cost us an additional MILLION JOBS!

Obama gave them a loan despite both the republicans and the libertarians, and look what happened, proving how stupid the libertarian and tea party view was? That GM and Chrysler are not operating at a profit and have paid back their loans at a PROFIT to the US Treasury.

If we had listened to the libertarians, then one million more jobs would have been lost, and we would have a deeper hole to climb out of. This would have been devastating to our nation, making us more vulnerable to outside influences, poverty and public unrest!

THerefore, it's obvious from FACTS that the libertarians are good at "keeping the people down"!

Same thing with the stimulus package, which saved 6 million more. If we had not done this, even more people "would have been kept down" thanks to libertarians and conservatives.

It's a pattern developing here, see? ANd it proves that the democrats lift people up, while libertarians follow stupid ideas that hurt people, keeping them down. Since I've seen your other posts, and how you hate Lincoln for fighting slavery and saving the union, and how you want to make education just for the elites, I'd say that your "libertarian" point of view is just a cover for treason. Despite all the facts proving you wrong, you continue to spew your filth in yoiur attempt at undermining the truth, our president and this nation - making you a traitor.

Tell the truth... Libertarians are just republicans who want to smoke pot and have whorehouses made legal! You're the scam artists that don't have the conventional family values, but you share in the same joy of ripping the people off!

jim of Binghamton's picture
jim of Binghamton

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.