Wisconsin's Tea Party takeover

7 posts / 0 new

It is pretty unbelievable to me that in one election Wisconsin went from having Russ Feingold as a US senator to having this nutty Scott Walker as its governor!

I guess it is very true (and so unfortunate in this situation). Elections DO have consequences!

meljomur's picture
meljomur

Comments

I just wish that somehow the system was set up so that if people vote in Republicans and they make a mess of everything, it would ONLY be a mess for the people who pulled the lever for the people with an R next to their names.

This country is disgusting right now.

A fair amount of the people IN this country are disgusting right now.

TimothyD11's picture
TimothyD11

Scott Walker isn't doing anything he didn't claim he's do before the election. Seems the electorate is getting what it vote for.

Al'Thor's picture
Al'Thor

Actually I heard today that he did NOT campaign on marginalizing and busting unions.

TimothyD11's picture
TimothyD11

Dwight David Eisenhower made a pertinent comment:

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas.5 Their number is negligible and they are stupid.
Dwight D. Eisenhower [Document #1147; November 8, 1954, Letter toTo Edgar Newton Eisenhower]

bobcox's picture
bobcox

Now, really, Bob.

How are they ever going to be able to re-write our history if you keep sticking to the facts?

They already got the folks in Texas to take stuff like that out of our kids textbooks.

I believe Next year's edition will explain how the Tea Party came about as a result of the 2011 citizen movements in the middle east and will offer as proof: Tunesia Egypt Algeria = T.E.A. Party

This, is much less contorted than the original script and will be easier for the sheeple to keeple in their steeples.

Rodger97321's picture
Rodger97321

On 8/24/10, candidate "Scott Walker tells the Wausau Daily Herald Editorial Board about his plans to curtail public employees' benefits if elected as governor (start at 7:25)". Loads about negotiation with the unions (didn't happen) and nothing about stripping collective bargaining rights (the proposal behind the controversy).

LeMoyne's picture
LeMoyne

Currently Chatting