The party of tantrums

2 posts / 0 new

This is how I often think about the current crop of Congressmen - they impress me as a bunch of whiny pre-adolescents, who throw tantrums when they don't get their way. I see precious little difference in attitude between a 6-year old who won't take his bath until mommy gives him another cookie, and this group of idiots who won't raise the debt ceiling (to allow us to continue paying off the debt that THEY ran up!) until we give them everything they want.

One critical difference, though - when they throw their tantrums and stamp their little feet and hold their breath, WE turn blue! ... or is it red?

mstaggerlee's picture
mstaggerlee

Comments

The answer is to ignore them as much as possible and make them deal with reality in the end. The Chamber of Commerce is not going to let these kids act out with so much for the Chamber to lose. When they have to obey their party parents, we will see how the tantrums work or don't.

The appeal of ideology is that it is coherent and consistent. When you are not in power, your ideology can provide a great rhetorical attack message if it hits the right emotional buttons. The problem is having to govern. Ideology is hopeless at governing and winds up ruling and distorting political reality until it does itself in. Because ideology does not adapt to reality other than defensively, reality will win in the end.

DRC's picture
DRC

Currently Chatting