"Republican reverse Robin Hood news" – Governor Nathan Deal in Georgia -steals from the poor to give to the rich...

3 posts / 0 new

In our "Republican reverse Robin Hood news" – Governor Nathan Deal in Georgia has proposed new tax legislation that steals from the poor to give to the rich. In order to pay for lowering the personal income tax rate from 6% to 4.5% - the Georgia Governor is raising taxes on working class Georgians.

As a result – everyone who makes more than $180,000 a year would see massive tax cuts – and everyone else – like people who make just $20,000 a year – would see a tax increase. In 1986, Ronald Reagan became the first president in history to cut taxes for millionaires and billionaires and raise taxes on working people – and that move resulted in exploding deficits and a disappearing middle-class. And today – Republicans are pursuing the same agenda even as the deficits across the country caused by Reagan's tax cuts are already bursting at the seams and the middle-class is trying desperately to reach out to any bit of floating wreckage in the American economy to catch a breath.

The ship is sinking and Republicans are only offering life rafts to the rich.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

A Robin Hood in reverse is just a Sheriff of Nottingham (Scott Walker).

collecticon's picture
collecticon

GA:Dixie's NH? ... What next, will Georgia's GOP be shipping out its mentally disabled to Siberia? Cutting all sin taxes and giving wholesale tax breaks to polluters? Jailing women who've had a history of miscarriages on the basis of fighting abortion. As the son of a mother who had several miscarriages before I was born, all I can say is thank God my time and place of entering this world were the early fifties and surely not the increasingly regressing into Redneckism state like Georgia. Sounds like a plan to me. An old plan, a sick plan.

Steven.PBarrett

Currently Chatting