Woman leaders

10 posts / 0 new

Would the Country be better with woman like Crly Fiorino, Sarah Palin, or Michele Bachman were making our decisions, including war? Is there a propensity for woman to over compensate when in positions of power, emulating male behavior?

Bradley2's picture
Bradley2

Comments

Here's the deal I propose Bradley,

For as many years as women were denied the vote in our [democracy], that is the amount of years that men will be denied the vote in our [democracy]. I would label that shift as a skillful action that would contribute to restoring balance..... everywhere.

bamboo's picture
bamboo

Some women can be just as vile and arrogant as their inhumane male counterparts. I shudder at the thought of Michelle Bachman equally as much as I cringe at the thought of a Jeb Bush being president. We need to elect people who have passed the "litmus test" of having compassion, understanding, kindness and humanity. Until we stop electing the con artists we will have endless and ever expanding con jobs.

iamfreespirited's picture
iamfreespirited

I truly believe that more women in the upper ranks of our government would provide a much needed improvement in our compassion for the average citizen. Women are more capable of compassion. Unfortunately, those 3 stooges you mentioned are not of that ilk.

I believe any of our women senators (GOP included) would offer a step towards more compassion and civility. Could you possibly imagine the extreme righties answering to Snowe, Collins or Murkowski in the White House? It'll never happen of course, but those are 3 of the few rational Republicans left.

You could argue that those 3 senators are left of Obama and that's largely due to the old boys network which keeps drawing him further away from the compassion and civility that he thought he would usher in. I honestly look forward to our first woman president.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

Hi Laborisgood,

I think you're on the right path here. I don't feel it's all gender related. Both genders are capable of contacting the "disease of ideology". That the "three stooges" and many others like Ms Romina Boccia are expressing symptoms of the disease is to say that gender offers no immunity from the grid. Some grids work some grids don't. A person with a saw can cut wood better than a person with a stone axe. The environment and organisms are fluid. I was not being completly serious in my suggestion to ban men from voting. That would actually reflect the fractured classifications we make that contribute to the inconsistencies that are becoming very observable.

I started reading a book Thom suggested, A Memoir of George R.T.Hewes. Wow, what a haunting read.

bamboo's picture
bamboo

Blaming men for history’s woes is easy to do since men as a rule have been the power brokers but If you stop and think about it in the few instances where women have wielded the sword they have been fairly ruthless themselves. Maggie Thatcher and Golda Meir come to mind. Not to mention Janet Reno who had no problem storming a compound full of women and children.

snowmaniac's picture
snowmaniac

Janet Reno made a judgement call.. Thats silly putting her on this list.. The criminally insane leader declared all the women in the compound his wifes.. The children were in danger either way (if we didnt go in, or if we did)..

Quote snowmaniac:

Blaming men for history’s woes is easy to do since men as a rule have been the power brokers but If you stop and think about it in the few instances where women have wielded the sword they have been fairly ruthless themselves. Maggie Thatcher and Golda Meir come to mind. Not to mention Janet Reno who had no problem storming a compound full of women and children.

I am not sure if this is for certain.. And I think thom talked about it.. A little thing called "the big discovery" in archeology.. Statues of women were thought to be playthings of men, but other archeologists felt the women were the deities.. Then sometime after the big discovery, that men made preggos happen, men took over as leaders.. After this the archeological record shows fortress walls being built.. Maybe it’s a coincidence, maybe the populations and technologies made it possible for tribes to know they were competing for common resources.. But this at least implies women are less warlike..

bobbler's picture
bobbler

I disagree on Waco and Janet Reno but it’s an old debate I’ve had 100 times and I am tired of it. There’s plenty of stuff we can debate going on right now I’m sure. Just in case you think the comment was made by a con in a lib forum for no other reason than to push a button though I am just as appalled by what went on with Randy Weaver when Bush 41 was in power. I lived a few miles from Randy and knew him and his wife. I didn’t think much of either one of them but what the feds did was ridiculous. There are things that happened that are common knowledge around here that never got out to the rest of America and I’ll bet Waco was the same absurd fiasco. That’s where my opinion on Waco comes from.

snowmaniac's picture
snowmaniac
Quote Bradley2:

Would the Country be better with woman like Crly Fiorino, Sarah Palin, or Michele Bachman were making our decisions, including war? Is there a propensity for woman to over compensate when in positions of power, emulating male behavior?

Yes! (women in general, not specifically those you mentioned)

America AND the World would be better with a woman making our leadership decisions; ESPECIALLY those that require killing many mothers' children (and our own mother, Earth)... in a stupid war games.

The problem is that's it's been a man's game all along in our country....hell, it's not even been a century yet since they let us have a say in the play! And everyone knows that boys play rough and not to mention dirty. The women we see playin' with da big boys today are simply a product of the same rules and puppetteering that have always manipulated the game...only with the added burdens that come along with being female.

This being said, women have had to work harder, strive harder and fight harder to gain, what could sadly just be, a semblance of power...so she may have reason to over compensate; just to maintain.

Nic.E's picture
Nic.E

When a woman in a position of authority or power makes a tough decision, or even a ruthless decision, she does does not over-compensate for not being male, any more than an African American, when demonstrating his intelligence, over-compensates for not being white. I hope we can dispense with that particular myth (of the over-compensating female). The fact is this: women are capable of aggression, of being tough and ruthless, because testosterone is not the sole cause of aggression. (read Sapolsky) Aggression is a human trait, one that can be controlled, and/or unlearned.

Remember "Hell hath no fury..."? ;-)

Just my 2¢.

Zenzoe

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.