Who Killed the (self-contained) Electric House?

1 post / 0 new

Once upon a time, there was going to be this:

GE MicroGen say that HomeGen 7000 can provide 100% of a homes energy needs whilst producing less than half the amount of carbon dioxide per kWh produced by traditional coal- and oil-burning power plants.

Read more: http://www.theengineer.co.uk/news/do-it-yourself-power/285331.article#ixzz1PwPnw300

The "time" was the late 90's, and then....it disapppeared. I haven't found a website referring to this fuel cell with a date newer than 2001. GE's own website, http://www.ge-energy.com/index.jsp , has no results when searching their website for "homegen 7000".

It looks like the dreaded Y2K disaster that never was took aim at just one thing, and the HomeGen got hit, as it is as gone as a Soviet past premier from the history books...almost.

GM did its infamous number on the EV-1, and it looks to me like a very similar fate has been met by the HomeGen. If anybody has a lead on this thing, or how it died (or lives in secrecy, if it does), kindly jump in here and tell us the story of "Who Killed the Electric House?".

Jul. 31, 2007 3:01 pm

Latest Headlines

Obama to veto legislation on refugee screening

President Barack Obama would veto a Republican bill introduced in the wake of the Paris attacks to toughen the screening process for Syrian refugees

New York officials: No credible ISIS threat against city

There is no credible threat to New York City at this time, officials said

China denies torturing political prisoners

A Chinese delegation denied mistreatement of prisoners held in police stations and deaths in custody

How Stupid Has the Democratic Party Become?

Republicans haven’t taken over red states; Democrats have lost them by not running as real Democrats.

That’s my big takeaway from Alec MacGillis’ fascinating look into the biggest political mystery of our time: why poor white people in red states are not bothering to turn out to vote, leaving the field to Republicans elected by more affluent whites in those states.