The Big Picture & The Thom Hartmann Program "On Air" Questions or Comments for Thom?

695 posts / 0 new

Comments

If corporations are the same as people, then where's my big subsidy? Can I hide all my earnings in an offshore account and pay no taxes? If corporations are the same as people, then shouldn't they pay at least as much in taxes as I do? If I don't get loopholes, then corporations shouldn't either.

mierdogs's picture
mierdogs

It is a form of insanity to continually make complaints about all the problems that arises when our government forgets to whom it is servile to, and then do nothing about it. It is in the nature of government to quickly forget, as understood by the world. Our Patrons most notably Ralph Nader has been promoting a global phenomena of a proven 200 year solution to this problem. New Guards are given consent by the people to manually flip on the we the people/government memory on a continual basis with all officials as the J curve will have them thinking of the people as peons in no time. 25 of the 34 OECD nations have this system which is embraced by 39 governments. (Congressional Watchdogs)

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

Thom,

I am a controller at a medium size company and our health insurance renewal is Oct 1. Our insurance broker informed me that our health insurance premiums for the upcoming plan year (Oct 1, 2011 to Sept 30, 2012) are not going to increase. I have been involved in the benefits aspect of this company and my former employer for about 10 years and this has never happened. We always get increases (anywhere from 5% to 20%). When I asked my insurance broker if it was something in particular about our company or something else, he informed me that he is seeing this across the board with his clients that have early renewal dates, some even with premium decreases. He said it is due to the Health Insurance reform legislation, more specifically the part of the legislation which requires the insurance companies to pay out a larger percentage of their premiums in claims. He said this is the primary reason. I thought you might find this interesting since most companies have a Jan 1, 2012 renewal date and have not received their new rates. Perhaps there will be some positive news regarding the legislation coming up and the President can take credit. We certainly appreciate our health insurance rates staying flat. This is a big deal for us.

Hockeycpa2's picture
Hockeycpa2

Great Show Thom! I just want to state that we (the government) are at war for power because the top 02% covet to own the world. These wars in the MiddleEast are about resources to dominate power.

Riverside-Singer's picture
Riverside-Singer

I would be interested in Mr. Hartman's thoughts on this: http://deanbaker.net/images/stories/documents/End-of-Loser-Liberalism.pdf

Thanks

automate's picture
automate

Here's my question for Thom:

In light of the overwhelming evidence that Obama is a corporatist/bankster tool, how can you justify NOT calling for a primary challenge against him? And the "supreme court" is a red herring, because there is absolutely no evidence that he would appoint anyone when the time comes that will in any way discomfit the oligarchy; he never has done any such thing, and he never will. No, what will happen is we'll get an Anthony Kennedy instead of an Antonin Scalia--but either serves the interests of the corporatist class just fine. On the other hand: if Obama stays in, the Democratic Party will continue to be paralyzed. How is the slim hope that we'll get some squishy "moderate" appointed to SCOTUS worth throwing away our chance to really reform the Democratic Party? I'll take an activated out-in-the-streets movement (a la 1968 and Bobby Kennedy--I'm 60 years old, and was there) over a hopefully-somewhat-less-corrupt SCOTUS any day. It's We the People who are the real power. Hoping for a better set of "kings" is fundamentally un-American, and I'll have none of it.

So: Why not call for a challenger against this sellout? We have nothing to lose, and maybe--just maybe--a real challenger will be the spark that galvanizes the progressive majority into action.

So: Can you give a rational reason for supporting him? I haven't heard a thing yet that doesn't involve false promises or "hope" over reason. Every bit of evidence is that he IS NOT ON OUR SIDE. Why not dump him now, while there's still a chance to do it?

Peace--alamac

alamac

To comment on your last take about revoking corporate charters of those who show intent of unmitigated malice to the whole, along with 5000 citizens sending a solution to We the People for Barracks consideration. This short paragraph promises to show Barrack the unanimous vote on a world solution that he is looking for.

The J curve conditioning is government is the problem so we must look to depredators in the private sector for solutions to all the problems that arise when government forgets to whom it is they serve. Americans along with Barrack are uninformed of the true power of the political landscape that with hostage taking has put our government in the doldrums, but we are learning, in spite of our fouth estate firing our Investigative Reporters 30 years ago. (Good Night Good Luck) The problem is we no longer have the luxury of time to fritter away on remedies from the unapprised that may work. In the meantime there are other places to look for solutions than within an uninformed citizenry or the machinating Depredators. This of course would be to look to nations who already went through this problem 200 years ago and have been refining this already proven remedy for export. Now we merely need look to the OECD nations who adopted this system in a nemine dissentiente vote. (unanimous without dissent or contradiction, nobody opposes or disagrees, you cannot disagree with nature) Even Depredators understand natures way of Patrons protecting the progeny, if attention is averted for a second they go in for the kill. This system is now a global phenomena. So Barrack forms the office of Chancellor and soon after our new Council of Patrons commissions a Crime Scene Nemesis Investigative agency that works with the born ingenerated aggressive Investigators of the Chancellor who knows the law and enforces it to quell corruption, revoke charters and stop government abuse on the citizenry. This along with rebuildingthedream.com ect will get government to perform as intended, which will get our reps once again to pass bills that solves problems and things moving along again.

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

Nemine World Solution Barrack Seeks To Solve the Mess and Curb Corporate Malice

5000 informed citizens to submit solution (that will solve the U.S. mess) to Barrack for his consideration of implementing an alteration. Problem being, due to the fourth estate erasing Investigative Reporters from existence, (Good Night Good Luck) we don’t have any informed citizens. However we do have Scandinavian countries who went through their own mess 200 years ago and have been refining an ancient proven formula for export ever since. Now this system is a global phenomena, embraced by 39 governments. The solution Barrack seeks is a vibrant 4th estate. 25 of the 34 OECD nations have adopted this system. Briefly to convey in a paragraph, it looks very much like the Council of Patrons who gives directives to a director in charge of his hovercraft captains in The Matrix. These captains work closely with born ingenerated aggressive Investigators of Barracks newly commissioned office of Chancellor who knows the rules and enforces the law to quell government corruption, revoke charters from those with intent of malice on the whole etc. A Captain is present in all government meetings, turns in annual recommendations to all dept. heads and through investigations ends all abuse to the citizens. It is these recommendations to the President, Barrack seeks, as politically, government cannot indict or prosecute itself. Politically Chancellors turn the sensitive cases over to the Captains for prosecutions. This echelon of Patron Investigators distinguished in law and Chancellors has already proven to work the best over 50 years throughout the world. Nature endows some of us with extraordinary investigative skills for a reason. Same as Patrons protecting the progeny of nations. Mammals protecting their cubs from Depredators.

Our media Moguls wondered what would happen if they eliminated Investigators. Now they know and its just fine with them as they have integrated with the Depredators who needs media to broadcast that which slowly turns up the J curve conditioning heat. Its not so much about making alterations as it is about restoring the Edward R. Murrow’s back to their rightful position of opposing the new McCarthy’s who create the mess. Jo

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

Your right in your rationalizations, Politically Barrack cannot tell Americans what is going on, nor does he know himself with all the machinations comming from their thinktanks. He cannot play chess with these Depredators as they change the game rules with no honor. To answer your question of a rational reason to support him would be that every single entity in our government is irrational leaving only one with intelligence to support. We have to understand that our government has sunk into the underworld and Barrack is a Leo. Only a Scorpio is comfortable in navigating such a corrupt place. Americans will not vote in a Scorpio, well almost with Hillary. Lets hope Barrack can figure this underworld of politics to a point where he can make a winning political move, as there simply are no candidates who can stand up to this juggernaught.

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

Question for Thom- It has occurred to me- IF we can get most of our troops home - How are we going to employ all of the displaced TEMPORARY WORKERS, holding down their jobs currently ? What kind of effect will this have short and long term?? Do you think that there is any cause to believe that : keeping this WAR MACHINE going, is about keeping people employed, in general ( misguided -as it may be) ???

Thank you :)

Gaylene, Olathe, Co

Fanciful Notions's picture
Fanciful Notions

Question for Thom: Are we losing the discourse because we are playing on "the economy" instead of the social issue of democracy? Making economics the bottom line issue for politics insures the "enclosure of the Commons" and then the soul. Instead of appreciating the social realities that matter, we fall for the finance focus of "money" and "things fall apart." I think we need to make the argument that the Republican agenda is hateful to democracy, and that "economic freedom" is not a substitute for real "participation in power."

Raj Patel's THE VALUE OF NOTHING is one good entry in this line of thinking. I also saw a good Book TV segment on an anthropological history of "debt." The author teaches in London, but I did not get his name other than it begins with G. The name of the book is Debt. Even if Clinton was politically astute in his focus on "the economy, stupid," the essential Democratic message is about the good community where neighbors help neighbors and liberty and justice is for all. Designing an economy to fit that vision is no problem when the vision is fixed. Even though the financial arguments support democracy better than they do aristocracy, the short term logic of money is power and greed. If "growing the economy" becomes the highest moral goal, democracy gets the short end.

It all goes back to never go into business to make money. Create value instead so substance can have something behind the symbol other than flim flam.

DRC's picture
DRC

Hi Thom -

So why don't you tell folks about the 2 progressive/liberal prolonged peaceful occupations and protests coming up this month and next? Since you are always encouraging people to get involved - tag you're it. I think if you at least mentioned these, we may get more participation.

This on this month:

"The time has come to deploy the emerging stratagem against the greatest corrupter of our democracy: Wall Street, the financial Gomorrah of America.

On September 17, we want to see 20,000 people flood into lower Manhattan, set up tents, kitchens, peaceful barricades and occupy Wall Street for a few months. Once there, we shall incessantly repeat one simple demand in a plurality of voices.

Tahrir succeeded in large part because the people of Egypt made a straightforward ultimatum – that Mubarak must go – over and over again until they won. Following this model, what is our equally uncomplicated demand?

This could be the beginning of a whole new social dynamic in America, a step beyond the Tea Party movement, where, instead of being caught helpless by the current power structure, we the people start getting what we want whether it be the dismantling of half the 1,000 military bases America has around the world to the reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act or a three strikes and you're out law for corporate criminals. Beginning from one simple demand – a presidential commission to separate money from politics – we start setting the agenda for a new America."

http://www.adbusters.org/blogs/adbusters-blog/occupywallstreet.html

And....

"I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day or the days immediately following, for as long as I can, with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine by occupying Freedom Plaza to demand that America's resources be invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."

http://october2011.org/welcome

I've posted this on your board before but I'm hoping you will mention them on your show.

fasttense's picture
fasttense

How would you feel about reframing the debate to a fair and equitable tax system that maintains checks and balances while providing corporations lower tax rates in times of prosperity? I propose a sliding scale corporate tax that pivots on the Misery Index. When the Misery Index is low, the corporate tax rates are low, allowing corporations to use their savings to invest in the United States. However, if they choose not to do this, and when the Misery Index is high, the corporate tax rates increase, allowing the US Government to use the additional revenues to create jobs in infrastructure and education, thus enriching our society and placing us back on track as a global leader. Among constituents -- Tea Party, Progressive Democrats, and Republicans alike, most would agree in its fairness; and as the Executive Branch alone has the ability to enforce taxes, the Supreme Court would have no part in the discussion or in its implementation.

Jeremiah in Seattle

Zmoto's picture
Zmoto

It occurred to me today just how odd it is that the President can, more of less unilaterally, take the nation to war, spend billions of dollars and put men and women in harms way, yet he can't even manage to get a simple "jobs plan" launched without Congressional approval. I know that's how it works, but it is crazy. Thoughts?

piltdownman's picture
piltdownman

Jimmy Hoffa, chosen, named and honored special guardian protector of American workers has declared that there is a war being waged by oligarchs on the middle class. Charles Koch as General is machinating stratagems to end the new deal by next election. Where is the General on our side? Robin Hood was the planner who thwarted the machinations of the Sheriff. What ever became of the descendents of Robin to oppose Sheriff Koch? The legacy of Robin continues to this day with 25 of the 34 OECD nations adopting a proven 200 year Robin Hood system of opposition that already knows how to deal with those who would implement feudalism. 39 governments already have this protection in place. So why not discuss this system which the governments of two US. States have themselves already adopted? Jo

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

Robin Hood The true story of what became of the Defender of the Realm

In 1713 after Robin’s adventures with those who would unseat the throne and usurp power from the kingdom, the return of the King (Sean Connery) stopped to acknowledge Robin for saving his throne and protecting his subjects. The King then commissioned Robin as Protector of the Kings Domain. As the King made his travels abroad the Patron Protector closely regarded the kings men for any signs of abuse or corruption, a slippery slope for any men in such positions. In 1809 the Monarchy gave way to the Republic. Robin’s descendents, seen and embraced as father figures were commissioned to maintain the same rules and procedures that worked so well through the 18th century. This became an investigative agency commissioned by the people to regard the men elected to office. Through the 19th century this refined system now had the cooperation of the Chancellors office providing an echelon of two professional skills for a double knock out punch, the legal and the watchful parent. Corruption was quelled with no complaints of police abuse.

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

My thoughts to #216. We have the conversation that if we find the right candidate and vote him in than he will make the alterations we voted him in for. Then we find out that the executive cannot make the alterations. So who? Oh precinct committee men, oh too late they already made their alterations, better luck next time. Hey wait just one minute the few cannot implement feudalism on the whole in a democracy. But they have General Charles Koch and we don't even know a game is being played. Oh Jimmy Hoffa has just declared that the oligarchs have waged war on the middle class. Okay so where is our General? Well we have to adopt a Robin Hood System as 25 OECD nations already have, then a General will be appointed. Okay so how do we adopt? We produce an action thriller movie that conveys it to American audiences who then give thier consent. To get this idea to a producer it first must be known to an acquaintence of the film maker who can convey it. Otherwise the dumbed down whole will lose the new deal without even knowing a game was played. Jo Thoughts?

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

I am interested in a solution to counter the despicable practice of large companies keeping the state income tax withholding for ten years. This is the case in Illinois at least and a few companies such as Motorola Mobility are taking advantage of it. A law was passed to allow this because otherwise Illinois would actually have to pay M.M. $100 Million, in extortion for not leaving, in cash since M.M. pays nearly zero taxes already.

This just seems unconstitutional to me on a gut level that an employee's taxes can be diverted to the bank account of one corporation.

Sources - http://blogs.reuters.com/david-cay-johnston/2011/07/19/paying-taxes-your... and Chicago Tribune May 7 page 1.

Yu Ban's picture
Yu Ban

There's a fantastic article that's been shared on Facebook 100 thousand times since it was originally posted on Truthout this past Saturday. It was written by a Republican insider, who served many years on both House and Senate budget committees. Does anyone know if Thom is aware of the article? I'd love to hear him discuss it.

http://www.truth-out.org/goodbye-all-reflections-gop-operative-who-left-...

Deanna E-V's picture
Deanna E-V

I want to ask Thom what we can do to help re-start the labor movement? Are there any Francis Perkins or Mother Jones (the lady who started the labor movement in many ways..not the magazine...though that is great too!) out there?

PS I tried to go to freespeech.org but the link didn't work for the petition can you post it on the website?

sustainablecoast2

Just a correction. Thom mentioned the drunken Elk in the Swedish apple tree. It's really a Moose for those of us in North America. Moose are known as Elk in Europe. Our Elk are known as Red Deer. You can see if you click on the photo link in one of the articles.

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Tomnn's picture
Tomnn

I tried Yu Ban's link but it didn't work. I did find this though.

Okay, try this link for the afore referenced David Cay Johnston

MEJ's picture
MEJ

Cost behind the privatization scam should be investigated. A letter from my former Congressman Rush Holt when I lived in New Jersey responded to the attempt of privatizing Social Security. His second to last paragraph was a topic of importance that is the first time I heard be addressed. The paragraph says:

“Privatizing Social Security is certainly not the answer. Any potential increases in yields from private accounts would almost certainly be wiped out by the rising dept burden heaped on the young from financing the transition, which could cost as much as $2 trillion in the first ten years. In the meantime, payroll taxes would have to increase or benefits would have to be cut in order to cover the shift of money into the private sector.”

JKE-Julian's picture
JKE-Julian

1. BST-free labels for milk are not illegal, in fact, you can see them everywhere, e.g., Trader Joe's, Ralphs, Whole Foods, etc.

2. The POTUS greatest power is neither the bully pulpit nor the ability to appoint to SCOTUS; it is his command of foreign policy.

Ghildenbrand's picture
Ghildenbrand

Supposedly high salaries, top medical benefits and other compensations are suppose to attract the best and brightest according to the “free market” promoters’ logic. They contradict themselves when these same people who believe this way of attracting the best and brightest also tell me teachers who help to train our future generation are being paid too much and should pay more for less medical and pension benefits to save the state budgets rather than have a tiny tax increase of 3% or 4% on the ultra-rich which is probably pocket change to them.

If there are problems with medical insurance it is really the problem with insurance company excessive executive compensation and their "death panels" denying coverage. 30% of the premiums paid to insurance companies goes to anything but paying their customers’ medical bills instead are going to “expenses” such as millions of dollars in executive compensation and other “trade secret” miscellaneous company expenses. This should be investigated.

Lets get more than 30% of the eligible voters out to vote in every election. Rick Perry won on 18% of the Texas vote. I guess that means 82% of Texans didn't like this "popular" candidate.

JKE-Julian's picture
JKE-Julian

The only ones chosen to comment on what we have to figure out in what we are going to do about the effects of Reaganomics ending the new deal (in which the whole is now slated for becoming the working poor) are the ones who already figured it out. Actually this figuring has already been done by other nations who already went through this. It’s already been tested, proven and adopted by 39 of the we the people/governments around the world, 25 of which are OECD nations. What we have to figure is a way to convey this solution in an action thriller that will garner the consent of the American people in the 48 States, as two States have already figured this out. Jo

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

What is the easiest way to explain how "means testing" can be used to destroy Medicare and Social Security?

hodenkat's picture
hodenkat

There is a comment that needs to be heard regarding our future security that progressive shows are focusing on in order to come up with solutions. Media has Americans so isolated that we never heard of a world solution to our mess and on Bill Moyers Journal we learned that all pundit’s the media has given us have never been right about one thing. We have been so dumbed down to where solutions are no longer in our grasp. We no longer have the luxury of time to fritter away on solutions from our pundits. So lets look at this proven solution that 39 of the we the people/governments around the globe have embraced to thwart their depredators. Jo

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

Being isolated by our fourth estate we cannot see how other nations deal with their depredators and being dumbed down we cannot grasp the problems in order to work out sensible solutions. If something sensible does shows up we get no help from our media. By looking at the proven solution adopted by 25 OECD nations I found a profound similarity to our Declaration of Independence. The people of these nations are given the duty to give consent to new guards which they provide, for their future security when depredators pursue an object which reduces them. In the case of Canada they broadcast a TV series conveying this system which brought these new guards into every province. Governments stand relieved in accommodating this system. I suggest we find a movie producer who can convey this system in an action thriller to get these new guards into our 48 States. Two have already adopted this system. Our time in this matter has run out, leaving us to proceed only with the winning formulas of other nations. This action thriller based on true stories promises to win all the awards even if done poorly. Jo

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

Thom -- Is peak oil/energy no longer an issue you think deserves your attention? Richard Heinberg believes conventional economic growth is over; do you agree?

Landbeyond's picture
Landbeyond

In 1952 the new Plenipotentiary, acting on his own initiative, went before the council of Patrons to seek the indictment of two cabinet members and two former Ministers for imprudent use of public funds to the advantage of a private business (Haliburten lol) with which one of them was connected. After lengthy council consideration, prosecution was authorized. The cabinet members immediatly resigned their offices. The Plenipotentiary served as prosecutor. Two of the four were convicted. The prominence of those whom the new guard had denounced underscoredhis unconcern for governmental sensibilities. This does not prove that the new guard is totally immune from pressures to which the Chancellor is exposed. They do perhaps suggest, however, that detachment from the executive branch frees the new guard from the personal pangs and embarrassments the Chancellor might feel when attacking an old colleage.

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

It begs to be pointed out that Rick Perry believes in science where the HPV vaccine is concerned. Maybe if Pfizer could make money off green energy he'd also believe in global warming.

BethFalkenstein's picture
BethFalkenstein

In 1952 from an OECD nation, the new Plenipotentiary, acting on his own initiative, went before the council of Patrons to seek the indictment of two cabinet members and two former Ministers for imprudent use of public funds to the advantage of a private business (Haliburten lol) with which one of them was connected. After lengthy council consideration, prosecution was authorized. The cabinet members immediatly resigned their offices. The Plenipotentiary served as prosecutor. Two of the four were convicted. The prominence of those whom the new guard had denounced underscored his unconcern for governmental sensibilities. This does not prove that the new guard is totally immune from pressures to which the Chancellor is exposed. They do perhaps suggest, however, that detachment from the executive branch frees the new guard from the personal pangs and embarrassments the Chancellor might feel when attacking an old colleage. U.S. Judge Walter Gellhorn, Author of " When Citizens Complain"

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

Why are both Democrats AND Republicans trying to improve the economy using the same methods Hoover did when it has been show that they failed?

hodenkat's picture
hodenkat

During Thom’s radio program today, a caller suggested the idea that a national security based physical inspection of all imported containers could greatly improve U.S. employment. I think he said such a program would be financed by the importer. This would in effect be a tariff. Apparently Obama can institute such an activity without the need for congressional approval on the basis of national security. I would like to hear more about this idea.

aprhys's picture
aprhys

Wouldn't this lactobacillus/mouse trials have a lot to do with the so-called "problem" of mothers breast feeding in public?

redcale

Dear Thom,

I took political science in college and it became clear that I was on the Left of Center when it comes to the role of government. However, as I listen to your debate with American Conservatives on the extreme Right, and role of government comes up as it does more and more. It makes me wonder if they even know their philosophy of the role of government in successful society.

Please someone explain to me what it the philosophy from the Right when it comes the role of government, and do not just reply they want to drown it in a bathtub. Plainly that doesn't make sense with the Tea Party crying about fundamentals of our U.S. Constitution. I get the idea that the answer is the Right wants to go back to Feudalism. Please clear this up, thanks.

Riverside-Singer

Follow the money trail. Until Americans demand government officials (by Law) cannot receive gifts or payments while employed in official government roles and duties, then we will see them following the same unsuccessful (for most) / (for few) successful patterns.

Riverside-Singer

What is a Patron ? We think of patrons as those who support our shops but this understanding comes from father figures who supports. Financial support is only one way patrons support as fathers support their kids, but all forms of support along with definitions of a father also define a patron. Our founding Patrons begat this nation, waiting till 2am to give birth so Americans would have a double Cancer influence showing up to the world as nurturers. They see our government as insane conservatives which they have as well. Patrons are the leading men of a country, city or council as a father protects from these places. It is a natural organic wiring in mammals to protect their progeny from the depredators. When leaders from these places abuse and reduce the progeny you have a corrupted career politician on a council for his own aggrandizement. Whoever opposes politicians who use stratagems to sneak their way into office for purposes of transferring wealth from the progeny to their paymasters is a Patron. Ralph Nader, Bill Moyers, Naomi Klien, Naomi Wolf, Danny Glover, Matt Damon, Jimmy Smits, George Lakoff etc. Patrons are Advocates and Champions for all, welcoming and approving of all Americans. Patrons are those who have freed their slaves, defined as chosen, named and honored special guardian protectors. They advertise warning and give encouragement, rouse from repose, to excite to activity. By getting this distinction we can improve on the way we vote Patrons in and Politicians out of our offices.

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

Who is qualified to oppose Charles Koch in Barracks cancelling of Reagan’s Raw Deal? Only born ingenerated tacticians appointed to political office by our present day Patrons. This is a Robin Hood system adopted by 25 OECD nations that has proven itself over 200 years to counter corruption from cunning oligarchs. Charles is a born ingenerated tactician who loves a contest of wits in cat and mouse stratagems. He wins by keeping bribes, beguilement, and nerve pinching pain up for years until everyone gives up, or gives in to his objectives. Only Robin who was commissioned as a plenipotentiary by the King in 1713 to stand watch over his abusive guards, had the year after year staying power to thwart the feudal objectives of long range planners such as Charles. Obama needs Americans to give consent to the new guards referred to in our National Treasure, wherein Nicholas Cage said: (it means those who have the ability to re-implement the New Deal have the responsibility) The Guards or Investigators in this system have the same abilities as the cunning oligarchs who finally after 30 years end their objectives, giving up, as plenipotentiaries prove to be too unyielding even for them.

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

What is a Patron ? Chosen, named and honored special guardian protector. Most will tell you patrons are those who support our shops but this comes from father figures who support. Financial support is only one way patrons support as fathers support their kids, but all forms of support and especially encouragement given by or asked from define a patron. Yes Patrons are also granted the power to recieve encouraging support when asked from the defenseless protectees. Patrons beget, to produce as an outgrowth, the founder or author that accepts responsibility for. Our founding Patrons begat this nation with protections from those who would prosper from the feudalism they would beget. People in other nations see Americans as nurturers but see our government as insane conservatives which they have as well. Patrons are the leading men of a country, city or council, as a father figure protects from these places. It is a natural organic wiring in mammals to protect their progeny from the depredators. When leaders from these places abuse and reduce the progeny you have a corrupted career politician on a council for his own aggrandizement. Whoever it is who opposes politicians who use stratagems to sneak their way into office for purposes of transferring wealth from the progeny to their paymasters, he is a Patron. Also those who patronize politicians or hurl vituperative as to wake them up through violence are Patrons. Our protective Patrons include Ralph Nader, Bill Moyer’s, Naomi Klein, Naomi Wolf, Danny Glover, Matt Damon, Jimmy Smits, George Lakoff etc. Patrons are Advocates and Champions for all, welcoming and approving of all Americans. Those on Fox so called news who advertise warnings of Arab Americans lost their Patron status, therefore losing their legitimate right to advertise from our fourth estate from the trust we give in the commons to our estate. Also those who advocate quelling outreach to voters recieving entitlements saying, giving them a vote is giving tools to burglars. Patrons are those who have freed their slaves. Only Patrons are given the power of appointments to offices for political advantage, and control over such offices, such as decommissioning agents who lose their patron status, contracts, approvals, oversights etc. Conservatives who hold the progeny as slaves in this now feudalistic nation cannot appoint anyone to office legitimately. Patrons advertise warning and give encouragement, rouse from repose, to excite to activity. By getting this distinction we can improve on the way we vote Patrons in and Politicians out of our offices as Patron Jimmy Hoffa advertised or adverted our attention to.

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

Why has the story of the alleged meeting between the CIA and bin Laden in July 2001 at the AMERICAN hospital in Dubai during his 10-day stay been completely ignored since it was reported 10 YEARS AGO in 'The Guardian' by Anthony Sampson on Nov. 1, 2001? "CIA agent alleged to have met BIn Laden in July 2001".

Yu Ban's picture
Yu Ban

What will restore our confidence in government? What is your take on the heart of this matter where the will of the plutocrats is served through their kakistocratic shills, who imbue us with propaganda that has us voting against our interests. All of this beguilement as the whole who pledge their allegiance to one another for freedom from oligarchal tyranny has yet not given consent to any watchdog or investigative agency shown to us as in the Bourne Trilogy to counter the insane policies (repealing Glass Steagall) of these do nothing congressmen that lead to our second depression. The patron watchdog agency to which I speak is best implemented by the Statesmen of republics through movie theaters, so the whole can review this global phenomena as to give their consent to this proven system that opposes plutocracy, putting and end to kakistocracy. (wiktionary) as Canada for instance. A free people must arm themselves with Bourne Investigators. Can Americans see how other nations deal with wars waged by a few powerful within their nation on the their nation, along with their corrupt politicians and abusive police with this detractor less system. Being isolated by design so we don’t learn of such things is egregious to all who have been dumbed down so we the people could be reduced volitionally with imposed austerity. What is your take on this system where public commissioned plenipotentiaries work as fourth estate Bourne agents to pounce on corrupt agencies and politicians, thwart objectives of plutocrats, quell crony capitalism, end corporate personhood, restore jobs to Investigative Reporters and deal with police abuse and broken correctional systems? There is this code or so it seems that all countries can learn from fallen ancient empires but cannot adopt systems (health care, economic, future security, energy, governance, and new homes you can heat with a candle) from present nations. Yet 39 governments have adopted this New Guard Bourne system that looks very much like our Declaration of Independence. America has this system in place and ready to go, just waiting for consent from the governed. What is your take on this perceived code that has republicans chanting American exceptionalism?

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

Can Thom please repeat where to find the link for the FREE SPEECH TV petition?

Thanks.

Yellowbird7's picture
Yellowbird7

Statesman: One versed in government, who shows wisdom, skill and vision in conducting government affairs. One who shows an unselfish, nonpartisan interest in the common good, Dennis Kucinich and Bernie Sanders come to mind. A Patron widely respected for integrity who protects as a father from those who would politically weaken the EPA, FDA or decommission Glass/Steagall for their own interests and aggrandizement. A Patron is a protective father figure who begets a nation and is the founder who establishes institutions and authors the constitution giving birth to a nation. Whereas Statesmen nurture the baby nation keeping it clean from corruptive influences so it can grow into the young nation envisioned by the Founders. Should this young strapping nation ever be fleeced for its riches by a few irresponsible and insane stewards who poison the air, ground and water while beguiling against single payer healthcare, then we are to simply give consent to a New Guard for our future security who is commissioned by our Patrons as seen to by our Statesmen. The New Guard as practiced in 39 governments are plenipotentiaries of the people under the supervision of a council of elders who examine all agencies throughout the year as to be able to turn in a professional annual recommendation to every administration, no estate is spared this intrusive process of agents poking around looking for the trail of money. Donald Sutherland comes to mind as chairman on this council. Jo

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

Hey Thom-

I really enjoyed the "Good, Bad, and Ugly" segment on today's show. You called for more voices to echo the sentiments of Ralph Nader in regards to America's reaction to 9/11.

I wanted to share with you a blog I wrote for the DuPage County Green Party website on that very subject: http://dupagegreens.org/2011/09/ten-years-of-mourning/ It's less than 1000 words- I hope you have time to read it.

Your daily call to get active was one of the primary motivators for me to get involved in our local Green Party. I gave the Democrats a try as well, but I found that the Green Party was more in-line with my views. Anyway, thanks for being a true progressive voice for the people.

Scot

scothansen's picture
scothansen

It maybe a bit odd to share this, but here it goes. Though I am a professional musician and have to dress up, you know in formal tux or suit. I always feel comfortable seeing people talk about economic problems wearing attire that is not outragiously expensive. I never, ever take a golden tanned, shiny haired and shiny outragiously expensive suit wearing Republican serious. I mean, okay children are starving and living in the streets and someone has the nerve to wear a brand new suit for a 1-3 minute debate on Thom's show?

Give me a break! When will the issue of selfish pride stop being the number 1 priority for the Republicans? And please someone tell John Boehner (pronounced Baner not Boner) to stop trying to look like he is just as black as our President.

Riverside-Singer

What is it they don’t want you to know about overturning wrongful convictions. If you are wrongfully convicted there is a new civil servant who will investigate your case as well as abusive conditions of the penitentiary. Mail from an inmate marked for the New Guard civil servant cannot be opened by any official without immediate termination, as this guard is a peoples Plenipotentiary working to quell the large amounts of innocent people getting caught up in a corrupt legal system. When government becomes abusive and reduces the people Republics adopt this system of jurisprudence to quell the corruption which results soon after the elimination of Investigative Reporters. The first New Guard was appointed by the King in 1713 to halt the abuses of the Sheriff in the Kings absence. This system was refined over 200 years before export and grew through the last quarter of the 20th century to include 39 Governments, as they inevitably forget who it is they serve and need plenipotentiaries from the people to remind them on a continual basis. America has these New Guards but until they get the consent of the people they remain pretty much in limbo. Canada conveyed this system through a TV series. We are hoping for a movie to get these guards to work here. Jo

Jo_Terry's picture
Jo_Terry

I know this is off topic but the other day Thomm was talking about a survey where people were asked about policies from 2 countries and asked people to choose which one they would like to live in and which one they thought was the United States does anyone know where I can get the information from that survet?

thehass's picture
thehass

Currently Chatting