First time ever I've been disappointed with Thom

5 posts / 0 new

For the very first time since listening and watching Thom since 2005, I am really disappointed. He stated that the reason Obama rolled over on the debt deal was because the outcry from citizens wasn't enough. Come on!!!!! Thom himself quoted several nationwide polls that CLEARLY showed more than 85% of citizens demanded that the rich and corporations start paying their fair share!!!!! There were demonstrations and rallies all over the country (they weren't covered by MSM of course -- in fact CNN ran YEAR OLD FOOTAGE OF TEA PARTY RALLIES). The White House and congressional call lines WERE OVERWHELMED and thousands of people couldn't even get through. Same thing with their emails. SHORT OF BLOOD RUNNING IN THE STREETS, WHAT MORE DO YOU EXPECT OF PEOPLE??????

We elected Obama to do what he said he would do in his campaign. Now Thom says it's up to us to barrage Obama every time he's supposed to do the right then or blame ourselves???????? Obama is not stupid. He's done the WRONG thing again and again. He's a corporatist and a trickle down believer. He betrayed us all. We count on you to speak truth, NOT be an apologist for Obama.

And please stop cutting off people who are trying to calmly make their point. It's one thing if there is some rightwing nutjob screaming at you on the phone, quite another when it's someone trying to speak their thoughts in a reasonable way.

It's extremely telling to find out that Obama's mentor was LIEBERMAN????? Who indeed just called for cutting social security to fund bigger wars against the Islamists. OMG WE ARE IN SUCH DEEP, DEEP TROUBLE.

kayakersandcat

Comments

Not the first time I have been disapointed and certinly not the last.

Since moving he seems to be living in the D.C. bubble. I once considered his radio show a must listen.....sadly not anymore.

Lena's picture
Lena

Thom is great in many ways - super smart about so many topics, as well as being a student of history - in spite of this, he is one of the BIGGEST Obama apologists in media today.

One thing that particularly gets to me is how he seems to get all excited about Obama's rhetoric - despite the fact that his actions consistently betray us.

Personally, listening to Obama talk like a progressive makes me feel like I'm listening to the empty promises of a cheating spouse pledging their undying love.... only to cheat again and again. Time to get some self esteem and face facts - he's just not that into us!

The signs were there, we just didn't want to believe it.

Everyone should read the story of how Senator Obama sold out the Maytag workers...

Machinists Union President Tom Buffenbarger counted on Senator Obama to help the Chicago Maytag union workers keep their jobs here in the United States.

Sure, Barack Obama gave those Maytag workers a wonderful speech, right before collecting huge campaign bribes from the Crown family of Chicago, owners of Maytag – who then shipped those workers’ jobs out of the country.

According the Crown family patriarch- when he met with Obama, the subject of the worker’ jobs NEVER EVEN CAME UP!

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2008-02-01/news/0801310711_1_maytag-w...

Obama needs a Primary challenger. This system is broken - the sooner we face this fact, the sooner we can actually address it - rather than "hoping" for "change" like a bunch of chumps!

Dacktyl's picture
Dacktyl

Obama is a Supply Sider

Thom is missing the facts on ground. It was Obama who let the off year and special elections go prior to 2010, By 2010 it was pretty clear who and what Obama was. The first thing he did with the transition team was get rid of the progressives that got him there. Then he appoints Geithner and Eric Holder, while not getting rid of the Bush DA's. It was not the progressives who left Obama it was Obama who left the progressives, loosing the independents in the process.

As Thom will admit, independents are often people who don't pay a lot of attention to politics and economics and end up making decisions basded on advertising and spin. The failure to impeach Bush, then cover up the crimes of both the Bush Administration and Wall Street has perpetuated the right wing spin on both the wars and the myths surrounding the banking and housing meltdown. I really can't say enough about how damaging this is to his presidency and the country as a whole.

If you notice, the things Obama screwed us on, were 100% in his control. We had delivered the public option, so he uses his mentor Joe L to kill it. No congressional approval needed to prosecute wall street fraud, but he won't go there. However, he will go after whistle blowers and activist.

Extending the Bush tax cuts, after the election and out of no where without tying it to the debt limit is beyond all bounds. He could have simply extended the Bush Tax cuts without the destructive capital gains and dividend breaks that reward corporate looting and hedge funds, prior to the election. Then the dems would have gotten credit for it, and the 2.4 trillion in free stimulus from corporate holdings tyring to minimize tax payouts. One of thom's favorite stories but he never make the connection to extending the tax cuts, or how it killed the housing market. However, Geithner being wall streets boy, wanted to keep the cap and dividened tax cuts, as well as carried interest. So, you know who won that battle, Wall Street.

Lets face it, Obama is a disaster. He should resign and Biden should appoint Russ or someone with some backbone to be VP and then step down as well. Too close to the banks. Regardless of who, it has to happen. Obama is damaged goods.

babbaramma's picture
babbaramma

just want to point out that the president, in error i think, extended the bush tax cuts for 2 years to also get an extension of unemployment benefits for 1 year(another mistake-should have been 2 years)and doing the tax cut crap was the only way he was gonna get the unemployment funds.the debt ceiling i dont think was even an issue at that time and really never had been historically speaking.the president has done some good things but has fallen short on the progressive agenda he used during his campaign.primary-ing him would virtually give the election to a nut case right winger.i don't want that at any hazard.a 2nd term with a fully democratic congress that hopefully wont be bought off would pretty much put the proof to the pudding as far as legislation goes.presidents tend to push there agendas a little harder and take more creative steps during 2nd terms-if they have a compliant congress.and having a bunch of successions and resignations is ludicrous and would leave total chaos in its wake.

kevin baggese's picture
kevin baggese

Currently Chatting