Hartmann disses caller

4 posts / 0 new

I just saw Hartmann take a caller to task for daring to criticize Obama's foreign policy and his complicity in the death of innocent civilians. He kept interrupting the caller and then cut him off, telling him if he want's to criticize the President then he should join the Republican Party. So now Hartmann gets to decide you is a good Dem and who's a bad one? Doesn't this blind allegiance to a President or a party remind anyone of the Republicans? And his use of the word "jihad"? In a different context, this would fit right in with Fox news.

I'm disgusted by Hartmann's treatment of the caller and the way he has become an apologist for the White House, even when it comes to murder. He has invested so much in this President and devoted so much energy to attacking the crazy right-wingers, he refuses to see Obama for the closet Republican that he is or for the moral wrongs he has committed.

I never thought Hartmann was particularly bright, but his heart seemed to be in the right place. Now I'm not sure. Like a cheap date, I guess you can buy Hartmann off with a dinner and he'll look the other way when you order another drone attack.

Signed

A Former Viewer of the Thom Hartmann Program

dmelendr73's picture
dmelendr73

Comments

"I never thought Hartmann was particularly bright,"

I could have agreed with at least some of what you were saying until you went down that road.

babbaramma's picture
babbaramma

You are absolutely right--that was an imature attack on him. I shouldn't post when I'm still angry because I end up writing stupid things.

dmelendr73's picture
dmelendr73

i watch or listen to Thom nearly every day and the only time he cuts off a caller is if the person is launching a filibuster soliloquy of dubious content.he has freely critiqued the president and some democrats in general many times on the show.as for that guys crack about thom's brightness he is way off base.i have a couple of his books and they are brilliant.as a host i think Thom answers every call looking for intelligent or thoughtful questions from all political groups.the fact that you seldom get it from the far right really isn't his fault is it?

kevin baggese's picture
kevin baggese

Currently Chatting

The Death of the Middle Class was by Design...

Even in the face of the so-called Recovery, poverty and inequality are getting worse in our country, and more wealth and power is flowing straight to the top. According to Paul Buchheit over at Alternet, this is the end result of winner-take-all capitalism, and this destruction of the working class has all been by design.