Voluntary taxation for the ultra-wealthy?

1 post / 0 new

Steve Forbes was on the BBC this morning and was asked a question about Warren Buffett's proposal that the wealthy should pay more taxes. He replied, "the Treasury has an address where you can voluntarily send money to reduce the national deficit, I'd encourage him to do that." The standard bullshit conservative response.

So, I propose that if you really want to fight a war, go buy a gun and go there on your own. Don't ask us to do it together as a nation.

It's puerile to counter Buffett's argument by saying he's free to give more to the government if he wants to. It would have as much impact as Steve Forbes showing up with an M-16 in Kandahar.

applewuud's picture
applewuud

Latest Headlines

Who rejected United States-North Korea peace talks?

There were conflicting reports on Sunday regarding a recent proposal for United States-North Korea peace talks which was allegedly made before North Korea"s recent nuclear test

U.K. Pound Falls As Markets Get Brexit Jitters

Bloomberg said on Monday the pound had sustained its biggest fall against the dollar in 11 months

Clinton: I'll defend Israel but push for 'two-state solution

Hillary Clinton believes both Republican candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz "missed the mark" with their approach to the Israel-Palestinian Arab conflict

Fossil Fuel Billionaires Kill Children

Donald Trump is the Republican nominee, Prince may have had a drug problem, and a record breaking 88,000 people have been evacuated from Fort McMurray.

If you've turned on a corporate 24-hour news network in the last couple of days, those are three things that you have definitely heard about.