When we fail to really listen...

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bill in Dayton

A Most Unreasonable Conversation...

This is the actual transcript of a conversation I had recently with a "friend." It was an instant message session. To protect this person's identity, I've deleted all references to their name and replaced it with "xxxxx." I had come across a video making the rounds about an alleged recording of Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu where he makes some controversial remarks about America. This "friend" is Jewish, I am not. Having this video fresh in my mind, I asked this person their thoughts on it. We have discussed politics before on several occasions and we usually disagree. Still, especially on this issue, I was interested in their thoughts...

Here is how the conversation unfolded. Other than the redaction of their name, the content is unchanged...

(I'll comment further below...)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xxxxx: How are things on the left, Bill?
CorfieldB: Not sure, let me look over there...
CorfieldB: ah, they look to be the same as usual..
xxxxx: ha ha ha! Have a wonderful and restful weekend...
CorfieldB: Did you see this thing about Bibi (Benjamin Netanyahu) getting recorded and saying some stuff about the u.s.?
CorfieldB: u2
xxxxx: no...
CorfieldB: http://crooksandliars.com/ian-welsh/...ca-easily-move
xxxxx: Bibi was a serious commando...bad dude for real...
CorfieldB: I'd appreciate some perspective from your viewpoint...
xxxxx: ha ha ha...hold on...
CorfieldB: he made these (re)marks during the Bush administration, 9 years ago...
CorfieldB: ok
CorfieldB: I'll be right back....
xxxxx: ok
CorfieldB: back
xxxxx: It's an absurd video where the Hebrew dialogue does not match what the lips are saying...This Ian Welsh is obviously a Jew hater. But I'll tell you this, Bill...Oslo was a horrible deal. The palestinians lived up to none of it and the only reason Israel signed it was out of desperation. The left wing element in Israel, the Peace Now Movement, forced the government to sign. I understand why, too. I was living there. Their children were coming home in boxes...dead. Dead from school. Dead from taking a bus. Dead from being kidnaped and murdered by palestinians. They were desperate...That's why they signed it. The result? A record number of Israelis were killed after Oslo was signed. The palestinians are the ones you should be focusing in on for all these accusations of "liars and crooks". Get real Bill.
CorfieldB: I'm just trying to figure out what to make of it...
CorfieldB: so you're saying its a fraud....which makes it meaningless...
xxxxx: Oslo was another sham in a long line of shams perpetrated by a duplicitous US Government who continually stabs their friends in the back...Bibi is no fool...I'll tell you that. He is much smarter than you can ever believe...
xxxxx: But he never as foolish as this video would have you believe. He never speaks "unguarded". Never....
CorfieldB: What if it was true?
xxxxx: And what if it isn't? What do you say then, Bill...Let me hear what you would say if it wasn't? This i gotta hear...
CorfieldB: I don't really have an opinion on this. I'm mostly asking myself why a 9 yr. old video is surfacing now...that's fishy to me...
CorfieldB: Thanks for looking at it, anyway...
xxxxx: Don't waste your time with this obviously doctored, propaganda film put out by a vicious left wing conspiracy theorist...It's absurd...
xxxxx: If I told you what real Jews think...i mean the real inside deal...It would...

Read more...__________________
Bill in Dayton

Comments

DRC
DRC's picture
Republicans win Wiener's seat

Republicans win Wiener's seat because of the Orthodox Jewish Israeli foreign policy vote.  Obama had the nerve to give them sound advice, but they are intent upon missing every opportunity that ever comes their way for peace.  From afar, the price of fundamentalist nationalism appears easy to pay.  Up close, it gets very ugly and expensive.  The Israeli Peace forces need to get the US out of the way.

douglaslee
douglaslee's picture
Another episode of BiBi

Another episode of BiBi boasting of his power over the US was in relation to a UN vote, majority voting for the said resolution, Israel nay, US abstaining or nay. Gepetto is BiBi's middle name.

To get a balanced perspective http://www.forward.com/ is good, Haaretz is worth reading ,too. Tikkun with  editor Rabbi Lerner is considered anti-zionist, or anti-semitic, or both...that peace thing.

btw: I think Rabbi Lerner has the most enlightened views of any religious stature--maybe tied with Dali Lama. Christians pale, but I think  Christian pastors , especially the wealth gospel creed make more money.

http://www.parabola.org/   should offend no one.