In re Marbury v Madison

1 post / 0 new

You mentioned your disagreement with the decision on your television show several days ago and I addressed this on my you tube vblog

http://www.youtube.com/user/blazintommyd1

It's either on prt 2 or 3 of the October 5, 5 prt series

Judicial Review simply mean a Court's review of an executive officer's action or inaction (mandamus to compel, writ of prohibition) or the decisions of quasi judicial boards or commissions (mandamus to review) which involves use of the Prerogative Writs which necessarily and properly devolved to the Courts when they were created by the Throne - it does not appertain to striking down statutes or rules as unconstitutional - the details are discussed briefly but I'd be more than happy to discuss this further if you like.

The decision Does appertain to Jefferson since he was President at the time - there was dicta in the decision alluding to the distinction between an executive officer (Madison as Secretary of State) and "The Big Cheese" as if Thomas Jefferson were King; but to be fair to the issue, rather than to the Democratic-republicans, the matter was also alluded to by Our 1st CH J Jon Jay in Chisholm v Georgia

blazintommyd's picture
blazintommyd

Currently Chatting

GOP Blocks Equal Pay...again.

Just in time for election season, Senate Republicans blocked legislation aimed at closing the gender pay gap. For the third time since 2012, Republicans refused to allow debate on the Paycheck Fairness Act, and reminded women that the GOP doesn't believe in equal pay for equal work.