They Don't Know What They're Protesting‏

15 posts / 0 new

They Don't Know What They're Protesting‏

http://i.imgur.com/wDOu1.png

elgiabo's picture
elgiabo

Comments

Of course they know why we are protesting. They just want to downplay the movement. I hope you don't mind if I share with you my letter to the editor. Enjoy.

Let’s Usher in a New Golden Age

The mass awakening, otherwise known as the Occupy Wall Street movement, is giving me tremendous hope. The movement correctly points to excess corporate power as a source of injustice and economic inequality. They also wisely prescribe moving of our money from huge international banks to local credit unions.

It is no less true now than when King Solomon first wrote Proverb 22:7, “Just as the rich rule the poor, the borrower is slave to the lender.” The modern mechanism of rule now includes corporations and the ancient practice of money creation. The Occupy Wall Street movement addresses both. But do they go far enough? No other time in history is mere survival as dependant on money, which inevitably buys necessities made by corporations.

It is instructive to note that both Nehemiah in rebuilding Jerusalem and Solon in ushering in the Golden Age of Athens responded to mass misery and economic injustice by cancelling all debt. This idea is not too radical. Even Chancellor Merkel from the largest creditor nation in the Euro zone is “asking” private banks to write off debt to help stabilize the world economy. The Occupy Wall Street movement could “demand” for an even stronger move. We might as well think big.

I don’t know about you but the words rebuilding, Golden Age, and Jubilee have a far better ring than decline, collapse, and dare I say, apocalypse. We are the leaders we’ve been waiting for.

TruthAddict's picture
TruthAddict

Love the cartoon. Why do they always pick on the blondes?

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

The only thing missing in that cartoon was the word "Fox" on the camera.

Sprinklerfitter's picture
Sprinklerfitter
Quote Sprinklerfitter:

The only thing missing in that cartoon was the word "Fox" on the camera.

Okay, why the unhealthy obsession with FOX? I don't like MSNBC, but I am not obsessed with them either. I choose not to watch them. They are free to say what they please and I am free to ignore it. I suggest that you watch NBC or MSNBC. Let the folks who like FOX watch FOX. It's a free country. Move on. Get over it.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

There is a reason it's a cartoon. The reality is more like this:

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-10-01/news/30232509_1_protestor...

Raffkin's picture
Raffkin

Little touchy aren't we?

Fixed news does it better than anyone else. No reporting on what is really happening but giving their viewers the best propaganda they can. It's the murdock way and has been for years. The cartoon is an accurate description of what they do.....Think about it.

Sprinklerfitter's picture
Sprinklerfitter

At least MSNBC doesn't label their programs "News" when they are opinion driven.
The problem I have with Fox is the bleedover from their "Opinion" programs into their "News" programs. The snickering of Heather Nauert calling the OWS protesters reality show wannabes as they cut to another segment. The wide grinning faces of many of their "news casters" as they talk about the protest movement like it was a stunt worthy of ridicule. THAT's what I dislike about Fox and their attitude towards liberal minded people. They don't talk about it as news, they talk about it like it was a tourist attraction. A joke. Something not to be considered seriously.

hodenkat's picture
hodenkat

Of course many of these shows have membership in the CFR so of course they are going to badmouth the protestors.

Tokyo Rose got paid to badmouth the Allies in Japan.

Faux is just the most blatantly obvious.

Of course they only have like 0.008 percent of the American audience. That's .8% like not even making it to 1 % of 330 million people.

elgiabo's picture
elgiabo
Quote Sprinklerfitter:

Little touchy aren't we?

Fixed news does it better than anyone else. No reporting on what is really happening but giving their viewers the best propaganda they can. It's the murdock way and has been for years. The cartoon is an accurate description of what they do.....Think about it.

And millions of folks think exactly the same way about MSNBC. So what's the answer? Shut them both down? Censorship? I say let people be free to watch what they choose. What's wrong with letting the market decide? Isn't that what freedom is about? Live and let live.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

I like Jon Stewarts' take on it. He says the media goes from 'ignore' to 'media circus'.

Then, if another blond goes on trial, or a Republican starts to THINK about entering the race, it's all over.

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ
Quote rigel1:
Quote Sprinklerfitter:

Little touchy aren't we?

And millions of folks think exactly the same way about MSNBC. So what's the answer? Shut them both down? Censorship? I say let people be free to watch what they choose. What's wrong with letting the market decide? Isn't that what freedom is about? Live and let live.

Considering that six people/corporations control nearly everything that is broadcast or published,in this country, there really isn't much of a market to choose from, is there?

Sort of like our politics. You can vote for the corporate candidate ;or the corporate candidate. Big deal.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2
Quote rigel1:
Quote Sprinklerfitter:

Little touchy aren't we?

The answer is to remain aware of truth and reality, and thus, to continue to call them out on EVERY instance when they're dispensing lies or putting distortional spin on the truth, because if we don't do that, many fools may believe them and base votes on what they hear from media liars like Faux News. If then, those votes based on lies serve to elect corrupt individuals who will be empowered to make laws detrimental to the common good, Faux News and its like will have been the catalysts of that corruption, and we can't let that happen unchallenged.

Ulysses's picture
Ulysses

Just exactly which media exposes the Corporate State for what it is?

Most at some level are beginning to understand that we have government of, by and for the few...totally unresponsive to the needs of the people and the nation.....even though the media doesn't utter a peep about .it.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

exactly. Thom keeps talking that the media never have someone on who believes in tarriffs.

So far, I haven't seen one.

I like when Jake Tapper is a guest on ABC's sunday show. Othertimes he is a host. But no, you can't actually have someone from the far left on the show.

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ

Currently Chatting

A Warren Run Would Change Everything

Over the past few weeks, Elizabeth Warren has emerged as a leader of progressives on Capitol Hill. She led the charge against the part of the CRomnibus that gutted our financial regulations, and she is still fighting the White House over its nomination of bankster Antonio Weiss as Undersecretary of Domestic Finance in the Treasury Department.