Does anyone remember the book about the constitution that was recommended by one of Dave Siroda's Friday guests last week?

4 posts / 0 new

Supposed to be a must read for a good understanding of the constitution.

saleyus's picture
saleyus

Comments

David was Thursday, it was Karl Frisch Friday.

Frida's book was "America's Constitution: A Biography" by Akhil Reed Amar.

You can get links to books mentioned on the show by signing up for the free newsletter.

SueN's picture
SueN

Thanks!

saleyus's picture
saleyus

I don't know what DS recommended... but I recommend The Frozen Repubic by Daniel Lazare. It looks at the reform-proof nature of the US political system. It's a must read.

Which brings me to Thom. He seems oblivious to how the two party system and our anti-democratic, reform-proof system are at the root of our problems. Instead he seems determined to fight conservatives over the right to claim the Founders/Framers' legacy. He even supports the EC which gave us Bush2. He seems to believe if we just take over the Democratic Party and make some minor reforms, everything will be OK.

I could not disagree more.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Currently Chatting

Largest Climate March Ever!

On Sunday, the world's largest climate march took over New York City. In addition to the 400,000 people who showed up to demand change in the Big Apple, hundreds of thousands more joined events in at least 156 counties. From London to Rio to Melbourne to New York, people around the world joined together to demand action on climate change.