The unhealthy obsession with FOX news.

118 posts / 0 new

Comments

Quote eseltzy:

Anyone else notice if no one is picking on Faux, Rigel4names complains about it anyway in order to start such a fight?

That's his modus operandi here. And he knows you don't care what he watches. He chooses to conflate people calling out Faux for what it really is with people wanting to shut it down. If he didn't conflate the two, he'd have no contrived argument with which to occupy his own time and waste the time of others.

Ulysses's picture
Ulysses
Quote Ulysses:
Quote eseltzy:

Anyone else notice if no one is picking on Faux, Rigel4names complains about it anyway in order to start such a fight?

That's his modus operandi here. And he knows you don't care what he watches.

What the hell are you a mind reader? You don't have a clue of what I know or how I think. Don't take this personally, but intellegent people talk about issues. Nit wits talk about people. If you can't win the arguement, attack the person. That would be your "modus operandi." Grow up!

rigel1's picture
rigel1
but intellegent people talk about issues. Nit wits talk about people

Everybody talks about everything. Nothing wrong with talking about people. It's just accepted that ad hominums are ineffective tools.

Art's picture
Art
Quote rigel1:
Quote Ulysses:
Quote eseltzy:

What the hell are you a mind reader? You don't have a clue of what I know or how I think. Don't take this personally, but intellegent people talk about issues. Nit wits talk about people. If you can't win the arguement, attack the person. That would be your "modus operandi." Grow up!

Shhh. I know you can't help the way you are, but you really should stay inside and remain calm. ("Argument" only has one "e.")

Ulysses's picture
Ulysses
Quote Ulysses:
Quote rigel1:
Quote Ulysses:
Quote eseltzy:

Shhh. I know you can't help the way you are, but you really should stay inside and remain calm. ("Argument" only has one "e.")

Hey U. I'm thinking that the give and take between you and I has gotten a over the top disrespectful. The sad part is there was no real reason for this to happen.Yeah, I know it drives you nuts if I mis spell a word or make a grammatical error. But It's got to be more than that. I have spirited discussions with other folks here but it doesn't get quite this stupid. So I'm gonna take a little cooling off period. Hopefully after a couple of weeks we can get a fresh start. You are obviously intellegent. I would love to converse wtih you sans all the goofy stuff. Catch ya in a couple weeks.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

He doesn't have a crush on Doocey....he's paid to promote traffic to Faux by getting their name in as many online places as possible. He's a PR guy for Republican Propaganda TV.

eseltzy's picture
eseltzy

The problem with your predicate Rigel, is that you only want to talk about the propaganda company. That's not an issue, it's a job or a calling...or maybe obsession. But, it's not an issue. I have only ever seen you want to bait a debate about the propaganda outlet. Why don't you strike up some discussions about your conservative issues, without reference to what I am convinced is your employer.

You want discussion of ideas and issues....great. This is the place. Just leave Faux out of it. Otherwise, I just see you as a PR guy for them.

eseltzy's picture
eseltzy
Quote eseltzy:

He doesn't have a crush on Doocey....he's paid to promote traffic to Faux by getting their name in as many online places as possible. He's a PR guy for Republican Propaganda TV.

Ya got me!!!!

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote rigel1:
Quote eseltzy:

Ya got me!!!!

Merry Christmas

rigel1's picture
rigel1

do you think people take what you are saying serous? you are totally transparent .

Hete Mizer

Sorry, I didn't see this until just now. Rigel said "Show me one, just one quote where I promote Fox news. Give me the quote and I will donate 100 bucks to OWS."

Since that's a principal complaint of mine about your posts, I'll try and gather what I consider to be examples of your preoccupation with promoting Faux...starting with a quote from your post at the head of this string:

"I get the feeling that most are not satisfied with choosing an option other than FOX."

Here you have worked in the name of them, but you have stated that their detractors are actually fans. Perhaps you misspoke? I really think examples of your preoccupation with working their name into your threads and agitating a conversation that focusses on what you believe to be their admirable qualities in contrast to other outlets are in nearly every one of your posts, but I'll collect and place more before you as I run across them now.

eseltzy's picture
eseltzy

Rigel....this is almost purely Faux Promotional...are you not able to see that? Paid not to see that? I know you've said you're not, but it walks like a duck, ya know?

You said: "FOX is crushing the competition in the ratings. And you can't take it so FOX must be cheating. They must be shut down. If you can't win you're gonna take your ball and go home. Well quit complaining cause it ain't never gonna happen. I know it's no fun getting kicked around by FOX. But the view from the top is GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRReat!

That's Faux promoting. Maybe you might want to take it to a journalist professor or some other source to try and get an independent opinion. You're telling the readers that Faux is the best and you're real happy about that, and the readers who disagree .... tough! Can't see it? Picture a little fuzzy?

I'm not going to go gather up more. They're in nearly every one of your posts that I've noticed. It's clear that you've noticed that the Hartmann audience will react vigorously when you promote Faux, and you're right about that. You're wrong to claim you don't promote them. But, that actually makes you perfectly suited to be a nightly viewer of Republican Propoganda TV. You go my man!

eseltzy's picture
eseltzy
Quote eseltzy:

Sorry, I didn't see this until just now. Rigel said "Show me one, just one quote where I promote Fox news. Give me the quote and I will donate 100 bucks to OWS."

Since that's a principal complaint of mine about your posts, I'll try and gather what I consider to be examples of your preoccupation with promoting Faux...starting with a quote from your post at the head of this string:

"I get the feeling that most are not satisfied with choosing an option other than FOX."

Here you have worked in the name of them, but you have stated that their detractors are actually fans. Perhaps you misspoke? I really think examples of your preoccupation with working their name into your threads and agitating a conversation that focusses on what you believe to be their admirable qualities in contrast to other outlets are in nearly every one of your posts, but I'll collect and place more before you as I run across them now.

Fair enough. I understand how you could take it that way. It was more of a factual statement than a promotion. I could have said "Fox has the higest ratings" and it would have meant the same thing. My sincere belief is that we should not concern ourself with what others choose to watch. I don't think that Rachel Maddow or Chris Mathews are always completely factual. But if you like them, then please watch. It is of no concern to me. I believe that Fox should be of no concern to you folks. For the record. I don't completely trust ANY media or government entity. I've been arount too long. Seen too much.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Fair enough too....BUT, I just want to point out to you...that you used the name of the company I claim you're promoting 2 times in responding to my observation that you're just too interested in promoting that very company. I will enjoy your posts, and engaging in the issues within....when you are able to make a point or hoist an issue WITHOUT promoting that which I will not name. Nite Chief.

eseltzy's picture
eseltzy

rigel1, you have said several times in these thread about NEw outlets that we are all just mad because Fox is "winning" and that "it feels good to be on the winning team."

An endorsement doesn't come much clearer than that.

ah2
Quote ah2:

rigel1, you have said several times in these thread about NEw outlets that we are all just mad because Fox is "winning" and that "it feels good to be on the winning team."

What rigel really means when he said fixed news is winning the news war is there are more stupid viewers watching fixed news than any other news show. And he's obviously proud of it too.......HuH? I wonder if rigel will let his handlers know what the Thom Hartman Community thinks of their version of news?

Sprinklerfitter's picture
Sprinklerfitter
Quote ah2:

Again, not an endorsement. Recognizing that they are winning is not an endorsement. I like it that Fox is number 1. I could not care less if you like it. I don't give a rats ass who you watch.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Currently Chatting

The Real Carbon “Monster” Revealed

Another day, another stupid assault on the truth by the fossil fuel industry and its paid lackeys. In a recent op-ed for the New York Post, Tom Harris, the executive director of the so-called International Climate Science Coalition -- an organization that’s funded, in part, by the fossil fuel industry -- blasted Leonardo DiCaprio for his work on “Carbon,” a new documentary on climate change that I helped write and present.