You wanted anarchy, you got it!

55 posts / 0 new

This is bad. Really, really bad. Had this happened at a tea party rally, this would have been front page news for a month. Of course,this type of violence would never happen a tea tea party event. We love our women and will defend them.The perp would have been pounded into the ground like a tent peg. I'm not goiing to make the silly assed claim that all conservatives are saints and all liberals are evil. There is plenty of sleaze on both sides. But was there not a man available anywhere who would stand up for this poor girl? What the hell is wrong with people?

http://www.foxbaltimore.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wbff_vid_10213.shtml

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Comments

This writer needs an editor. Context please?

eseltzy's picture
eseltzy

When actual evidence of "occupiers" turning a blind eye to this alleged crime are substantiated, this particular circumstance might become more newsworthy. If true, yes it is really bad, but how does this one lone tatooed man fit into the story. Was he the only concerned citizen that the local Fox crew could find? And how convenient for this same man to help the crew find drug paraphernalia.

Please keep the comparisons between the Tea Party and Occupy Movement coming though. They only help clarify where the corporate media stands in our society.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote eseltzy:

You really should not need any help with this. It's pretty straight forward. Watch the video. It's short enough for even an ADD mind such as mine to hold focus. Then if you have any specific questions reagrding my comments, I will be happy to help you.

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote rigel1:
Quote eseltzy:

You really should not need any help with this. It's pretty straight forward. Watch the video. It's short enough for even an ADD mind such as mine to hold focus. Then if you have any specific questions reagrding my comments, I will be happy to help you.

With you around, I'm sure there probably is anarchy -- the anarchy of a disorderly and confused mind.

Oh, by the way, "straightforward" is one word, not two...

Ulysses's picture
Ulysses
Quote Laborisgood:

When actual evidence of "occupiers" turning a blind eye to this alleged crime are substantiated, this particular circumstance might become more newsworthy. If true, yes it is really bad, but how does this one lone tatooed man fit into the story. Was he the only concerned citizen that the local Fox crew could find? And how convenient for this same man to help the crew find drug paraphernalia.

Please keep the comparisons between the Tea Party and Occupy Movement coming though. They only help clarify where the corporate media stands in our society.

Yup. True.

Ulysses's picture
Ulysses
Quote Ulysses:
Quote rigel1:
Quote eseltzy:

With you around, I'm sure there probably is anarchy -- the anarchy of a disorderly and confused mind.

Oh thanks U! I did not ask to have a personal spell checker stalking me or better yet an amateur psycologist diagnosing me. But it's good to know that you are here! By the way, pompous ass is two words not one. With all of your anti-social and personality flaws, I still love ya!

rigel1's picture
rigel1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gGFeJ6gmJAE

Dont forget the Homosexual Rape of Deaf Man at Zuccotti Park

The chaos and crime at Occupy Wall Street reflects similar patterns of apparent violent disorder at Occupy protests across North America — from heroin dealing in Boston, to assaults at Occupy Oakland, to an alleged rape at Occupy Cleveland, to alleged sexual assault at Occupy Ottawa, and to an unexplained death at Occupy Oklahoma City. Activists have, at several sites, discouraged each other from reporting serious crimes — including rape — to the police.

Calperson's picture
Calperson
Quote rigel1:

[quote=Ulysses]

[quote=rigel1]

[quote=eseltzy]

You really should not need any help with this. It's pretty straight forward. Watch the video. It's short enough for even an ADD mind such as mine to hold focus. Then if you have any specific questions reagrding my comments, I will be happy to help you

Oh thanks U! I did not ask to have a personal spell checker stalking me or better yet an amateur psycologist diagnosing me.

Well, as Sir Michael Jagger says, "You can't always get what you want." The Fates do provide little bonuses from time to time...

But it's good to know that you are here!

It's always nice to be appreciated.

By the way, pompous ass is two words not one. With all of your anti-social and personality flaws, I still love ya!

Avoid Samson.

Ulysses's picture
Ulysses
Quote Calperson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gGFeJ6gmJAE

Dont forget the Homosexual Rape of Deaf Man at Zuccotti Park

The chaos and crime at Occupy Wall Street reflects similar patterns of apparent violent disorder at Occupy protests across North America — from heroin dealing in Boston, to assaults at Occupy Oakland, to an alleged rape at Occupy Cleveland, to alleged sexual assault at Occupy Ottawa, and to an unexplained death at Occupy Oklahoma City. Activists have, at several sites, discouraged each other from reporting serious crimes — including rape — to the police.

Thank you, Dr. Goebbels!

Ulysses's picture
Ulysses
Quote Ulysses:
Quote Laborisgood:

Yup. True.

You're probably right. We all know that all liberals are angels. It's all part of the vast right-wing conspiracy. This scheme was probably cooked up in the studios of FOX news. In fact, I would bet that this "victim" is actually a Romney campaign staffer who was paid off by Fox. There is no way that this could be true. The bad part is that thousands of people have seen this and some may actually believe it. I think that the main stream media has a duty to set the record straight. They need to go after this girl and bury her. investigate this story until they can prove its a lie.

The good news is this: In the very, very, very unlikely event that there is any truth to this story, then the progressives have lost this girl. If she was abandoned by her own when she needed them the most, then you have just created a new conservative.

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote rigel1:
Quote Ulysses:
Quote Laborisgood:

Yup. True.

You're probably right. We all know that all liberals are angels. It's all part of the vast right-wing conspiracy. This scheme was probably cooked up in the studios of FOX news. In fact, I would bet that this "victim" is actually a Romney campaign staffer who was paid off by Fox. There is no way that this could be true. The bad part is that thousands of people have seen this and some may actually believe it. I think that the main stream media has a duty to set the record straight. They need to go after this girl and bury her. investigate this story until they can prove its a lie.

The good news is this: In the very, very, very unlikely event that there is any truth to this story, then the progressives have lost this girl. If she was abandoned by her own when she needed them the most, then you have just created a new conservative.

Avoid Samson.

Ulysses's picture
Ulysses
Quote rigel1:
Quote Ulysses:
Quote Laborisgood:

Yup. True.

I truly hope this story is a political stunt. Not because of my disdain for modern conservatism, but for the girl's sake. If she becomes a conservative due to the circumstances, good for your team I guess. You can use all the help you can get. Let's pray that if the crime is true, justice will be served.

I'd love to see a follow-up story on that feaux-street Vanilla Ice looking dude. Doesn't it seem just a bit contrived for an average disgruntled citizen in the crowd to both complain about the alleged lack of help from the hippies AND lead the camera crew to the hippie paraphernalia. We can only hope that this is some partisan political stunt.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote Laborisgood:
Quote rigel1:
Quote Ulysses:
Quote Laborisgood:

Yup. True.

I truly hope this story is a political stunt. Not because of my disdain for modern conservatism, but for the girl's sake. If she becomes a conservative due to the circumstances, good for your team I guess. You can use all the help you can get. Let's pray that if the crime is true, justice will be served.

I'd love to see a follow-up story on that feaux-street Vanilla Ice looking dude. Doesn't it seem just a bit contrived for an average disgruntled citizen in the crowd to both complain about the alleged lack of help from the hippies AND lead the camera crew to the hippie paraphernalia. We can only hope that this is some partisan political stunt.

Excellent reply. I understand how difficult it can be when we find sleaze within our own movement. There are insane, evil people everywhere. We should not defend them. How about those four nut jobs in Georgia? I would bet they call themselves "conservatives." They can call themselves what they like, but our movement will NEVER claim them. I hope that your movement has compassion for the girl and demands justice for the predator.

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote rigel1:

I understand how difficult it can be when we find sleaze within our own movement. There are insane, evil people everywhere. We should not defend them. How about those four nut jobs in Georgia? I would bet they call themselves "conservatives."

At the risk of sounding like there is an equivalence (false or otherwise) between the Tea Party and Occupy, I concur with the "calling out those within your own movement" concept. It is a healthy weeding process that must take place for honest and fruitful growth of a movement. I believe the Tea Party and it's media support team failed in that respect and I can only hope the Occupy movement would not do the same if given a similar media shortcut to further their cause. Fortunately, the Occupy movement has a built in mechanism to avoid that problem in that the "mainstream media" is corporate friendly and giving the anti-corporate movement it's foil that all good stories require. That same mechanism working in reverse probably hastened the demise of the Tea Party.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

I would have thought that this story of rape would hav gotten better coverage than I found when I Googled it. The only place I found it was at Fox News and Big Government. I did find an identical reference in the Washington Post about an alleged incident At Woodstock '99

Art's picture
Art
Quote Art:

I would have thought that this story of rape would hav gotten better coverage than I found when I Googled it. The only place I found it was at Fox News and Big Government. I did find an identical reference in the Washington Post about an alleged incident At Woodstock '99

That speaks volumes.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

There was the guy trying to pass out bhongs and papers so he could film druggies at OWS. The "O'Keefe's" think this is smart stuff, so the wannabes will be there.

Occupy, unlike the Tea Party rallies, is about maintaining a presence, so the people "left out" by the Right for the past three decades show up as well as those who come to be part of OWS. The homeless, the mentally ill and the alienated young are already "out there" where encampments are organized. OWS people have become social service referral agents as well as doing some primary caregiving; but the movement was not designed for or prepared to solve the urban problems of America as well as protest Wall St. greed.

Trying to label OWS with the street realities of Neocon policies is ironic and sick. Of course it is the way the Right can be depended upon to take.

Maintaining non-violence is a key part of the OWS movement. Predators are not welcome or tolerated.

DRC's picture
DRC
Quote Laborisgood:
Quote Art:

I'm not surprised at all. Ask youself this: How wide spread would the outrage be if this allegation had been made at a tea party event? You would have 5 pages of it on Google. The tea party was branded as racist based on nothing. The main stream media will not run any story that shows any of the OWS people in a bad light. Ain't gonna happen.

That speaks volumes.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

There is a concerted effort by the right wing sound machine to vilify the OWS movement. I would not be the least bit surprised to find out that the person who posted this topic is what's called an "internet troll", someone who gets paid for infiltrating progressive sights and posting right-wing propoganda. I'd suggest to other members that they be careful about taking this kind of bait and lending it credence.

mdhess's picture
mdhess
The main stream media will not run any story that shows any of the OWS people in a bad light.

How convenient. Faux News can invent any kind of "news" that can't be verified in any reputable source. Do you really expect anybody to take this kind of junk seriously?

Art's picture
Art
Quote mdhess:

There is a concerted effort by the right wing sound machine to vilify the OWS movement. I would not be the least bit surprised to find out that the person who posted this topic is what's called an "internet troll", someone who gets paid for infiltrating progressive sights and posting right-wing propoganda. I'd suggest to other members that they be careful about taking this kind of bait and lending it credence.

Rigel is no troll. He seems to be decent enough. He's just wrong about the world we live in. There's still time.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote mdhess:

Rigel is no troll. He seems decent enough. He's just wrong about the world we live in. There's still time for him to come around though.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote Art:

To me, that makes it suspect from the outset. If it were huge, the corporte "mainstream" media would have been all over it because they've never been sympathetic to populist movements or labor activities. As to the Post reference, does that make it possible that the whole thing is a copycat hoax to discredit OWS?

Ulysses's picture
Ulysses
Quote Art:
The main stream media will not run any story that shows any of the OWS people in a bad light.

How convenient. Faux News can invent any kind of "news" that can't be verified in any reputable source. Do you really expect anybody to take this kind of junk seriously?

Yup. Decisions by Right-wing courts have already told the reactionary media that it's all right to make up the "news." It's been litigated and is a done deal. The public's right to know be damned, I guess. Heil Scalea!

Ulysses's picture
Ulysses
Quote Laborisgood:
Quote rigel1:

I understand how difficult it can be when we find sleaze within our own movement. There are insane, evil people everywhere. We should not defend them. How about those four nut jobs in Georgia? I would bet they call themselves "conservatives."

At the risk of sounding like there is an equivalence (false or otherwise) between the Tea Party and Occupy, I concur with the "calling out those within your own movement" concept. It is a healthy weeding process that must take place for honest and fruitful growth of a movement. I believe the Tea Party and it's media support team failed in that respect and I can only hope the Occupy movement would not do the same if given a similar media shortcut to further their cause. Fortunately, the Occupy movement has a built in mechanism to avoid that problem in that the "mainstream media" is corporate friendly and giving the anti-corporate movement it's foil that all good stories require. That same mechanism working in reverse probably hastened the demise of the Tea Party.

I think you're right on this because I believe that you are honorable and because I agree with the content of what you and Rigel have written about it. I don't believe that Rigel is honorable. I think he brought it up for the disingenuous reason that he wanted to sound like the voice of reason while dropping a poison pill on OWS. I've seen enough of his stuff over time to make me believe that this is not just a kneejerk opinion on my part, even though I seldom, if ever, agree with whatever he writes. So, while I agree with the content of it and I agree with you, I think he brought it up for cynical reasons. He does that a lot. Wants to sound reasonable, but he always delivers some rationally toned but anti-liberal, anti-progressive message in the guise of an "iron fist in a velvet glove." Nonetheless, I agree with you (and even him) on this particular point, and I too hope justice is done if it turns out to be true.

Ulysses's picture
Ulysses

What's the chances that Rigel1 is a segment producer at Fox45 Baltimore? Sometimes "news" organizations have agendas in "creating" "news".

As for the alleged rape, if it occured I hope the girl has properly reported the crime and that it will be properly investigated, prosecuted and resolved. It's unlikely that a violent act would occur at an OCCUPY event without appropriate intervention by the OCCUPIERS. I'm sure Rigel1 wouldn't agree with that, but I'm sure Rigel1 has an agenda at putting his video out here for us to chat about.

I asked him for the context of his comments originally. He responded with snark. If he were more honest, he might have said he thought there should be more traffic for his Fox45 segment that missed every big point of what was happening at Occupy Baltimore and focussed on a random act of violence or, worse, a contrivance made up to create a counter story that would appeal to the Fox audience and further confuse low information citizens.

Rigel1 doesn't need an editor. I was wrong about that. He needs a wider lens.

eseltzy's picture
eseltzy

The bankers and corporations see their way of business in jeopardy with this war. Don't think they won't stop at hiring Blackwater like thugs to infiltrate the groups to discredit the movement. And mainstream media obligingly focuses on those stories rather than the success and numbers at the protests. It's happened before in 1960s and will happen again. We need to catch these thugs and expose them.

captbebops's picture
captbebops
Quote mdhess:

Nope, not getting paid. Just trying to add a little diversity to a forum where there is little. A story is not propoganda simply because you don't like it. It's just a simple news story. Disturbing yes, but its news. I don't "bait." I merely state my opinion or reply to yours. I am not part of any "machine." My thoughts are mine and mine only.

Unless you are afraid of different points of view then you have nothing to fear from me. Lighten up Francis.

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote Art:

Really? Fox makes up stories? I did not know this. Could you post two or three examples? I gotta see this to believe it. I hope Megyn Kelly isn't doing it. I really like her.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

No one (none of us 99%) asked or invited you to add a little diversity, rigel. It would be nice if your thoughts were yours and yours alone, but you just can't resist airing your dirty mental laundry because that's just what cogs do. We need you posting on this forum about as much as we need republicons participating in government.

Fortunately this isn't a democracy so when I suggest that the moderators (and others through petition) ban rigel.....

MEJ's picture
MEJ

Type Fox News Lies into Google and have at it....There's enough reading there to last you till the 2012 election and then some. Your little darling is in on the lies too.

Sprinklerfitter's picture
Sprinklerfitter
Really? Fox makes up stories? I did not know this.

No. I think we can all see that.

Here is a story that Fox was putting out recently. If you Google the paragraph "Sources said NYCC has hired about 100 former ACORN-affiliated staff members from other cities – paying some of them $100 a day - to attend and support Occupy Wall Street. Dozens of New York homeless people recruited from shelters are also being paid to support the protests, at the rate of $10 an hour, the sources said. " you will find these "facts" from these "sources" referenced only to Fox News and dozens of right wing blogs that copied and pasted the paragraph without changing the language by one word. .

Doesn't prove it was made up. Just doesn't have credibility. This kind of stuff is junk. You can choose to believe it or not. About 33% of the population will swear by it without reservation just because they heard it on Fox News.

Art's picture
Art
Quote MEJ:

Fortunately this isn't a democracy so when I suggest that the moderators (and others through petition) ban rigel.....

Wouldn't banning Rigel be discriminatory? Every indefensible cause is entitled to a defense. Besides, it wouldn't be all that interesting if we couldn't hear the crap right from the horse's mouth?

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

What the far right doesn't understand is that the OW movement is a state of mind....an awakening that's broken though 30 years of propaganda. Telling people how good they have it when their lives are falling into the pits just doesn't match daily reality.

Spouting such things as,"We have the best medical system in the world", just doesn't fly anymore when someone can't get their kid into see a Dr.....for lack of money. Americans are beoming aware that in many other nations, that sort of thing just doesn't happen..

It's a state of mind...an awakening of sorts. The media is busily discrediting itself and clutching at straws. .

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"..

polycarp2
Quote Laborisgood:
Quote MEJ:

Wouldn't banning Rigel be discriminatory? Every indefensible cause is entitled to a defense. Besides, it wouldn't be all that interesting if we couldn't hear the crap right from the horse's mouth?

If the board administrators allow you all to work together, you won't need to ban these posters. The board can become self policing and these simplistic regurgitations from a scattering of cons will become irrelevant.

On another thread, Robert Jensen quotes some lines from a John Gorka song, writing about this OWS movement that sort of applies:

They think they can tame you, name you and frame you,
aim you where you don't belong.
They know where you've been but not where you're going,
that is the source of the songs."

By the way, as those lyrics imply, there's a difference between attempting to defend the indefensible and saying the same lies over and over as if they are the truth. I think people are seeing that. I don't know how that's happening. I'm just happy to see it.

It takes a community of informed posters to deal with regurgitated nonsense. I'm grateful to see it emerging on Thom's board again, finally. I'm hoping that the administrators and moderators have learned from their past mistakes not to throw out the community with the trolls.

And maybe part of it is the nation itself waking up, as poly says. The samo, samo propaganda doesn't cut it anymore. A richer and deeper truth is emerging.

.ren's picture
.ren

It wouldn't be much of a message board if we started banning people from the other side. A whole bunch of them banned themselves some time back. It got really boring here. I took that as a childish skulking off to a little cave somewhere in Fox-land where they could shore up their self-delusional ideology amongst themselves. It seemed rather sad to me.

Art's picture
Art

ren, ignorant as I am about the purge you refer to, I agree with your approach to dealing with difficult posters. Some do the research and find the same people coming back with the same behaviors, and I am glad they do the work because repeat offenders are unlikely to contribute the kind of honesty that makes it worthwhile to appreciate that actual human beings "think" like they do.

Thom may go overboard in his desire to have opposing voices on his show; but the value of having them say it instead of us saying it about them is not to be discounted. Had I wanted to disgrace and ridicule the Republican Party, I could never have invented the candidates they have brought forward in the Parade of Fools.

I am not impressed by cons who slap each other's backs here for posting insults and nonsense. If they want to bring ideas, and even if they think they need to teach us something we don't know, finding us not taking their bait or swallowing their crap is not cause for personal attacks. When we say we have heard it all before and are not interested in another debate about the 'Austrian School,' we will move on without them. When they turn their attention to the real problems of Liberalism, I will give them credit for doint what an opposition party is supposed to do. When their caricatures of Liberals are so foreign to us, all they teach us is how deluded they are.

I would suggest that unrepentant cons learn how to engage us with humor rather than bile. The moderators ought to enjoy that. We all have family members who believe in FAUX, so if they want to get along there are ways not to be so obnoxious that we cannot stand to have them in the house. Have more fun if you can, cons. But beware, a sense of humor is a Liberal trap.

DRC's picture
DRC

Come on ya'll...Rigel1 is a segment producer at Faux! He's not really trying to engage in debate or even thoughtful consideration of solutions to our pressing problems. He's just driving traffic to Fox45 Baltimore and trying to promote the notion that the OCCUPY movement is about misfits reeking havoc and not about citizens pointing out how oligarchs have been buying tax policies from politicians to shift wealth toward themselves and away from America's middle class and poor.

eseltzy's picture
eseltzy

I like the paricipation of the righties in this "dialogue". As I've told the more abusive ones, "Please don't stop your invective. It says so much more about you than it does about me". The more we all assert ourselves and our positions, and the more clearly we do so, the more the contrasts become clear. The polls tell us that the general public is "getting it" very nicely. I think that's a result of the years of dialogue we have been having. How is the world going to know what the righties are doing if they do it in a cave?

One of my favorite Facebook links is "Republicans are Idiots and Arguing with Them is a Waste of Time". I don't think that's true. While it's pointlesss to think they will change their minds, they are forced to face their status as informed citizens. Other people read these things and it serves a productive purpose.

Art's picture
Art

We gain everytime we force cons to repeat their nonsense ALOUD and in public. Each time they dig one more shovel full out of the pit they will be wallowing in for years to come.

I am truly amazed at how cons can just keep beating that same dead horse. OWS is proof that the average person just ain't gonna buy that crap no more.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

sometimes I loose patience knowing that so much serves as a distraction from the more significant of collapse.

I'll go and try to find where I misplaced my sense of homor here at the end of the world as we've known it.

MEJ's picture
MEJ

The bankers are doing all this to bring in an ultimate takeover.

The NWO is still pretty pissed that they didn't get their North American Union and Amero plans passed in 2005-06.

elgiabo's picture
elgiabo

It is like this with the provocateurs in the streets too. As we build a community of shared narrative pluralism, those who act as if they were part of a tiny minority of right thinkers cancel themselves out. It is not that they are too radical of mind, it is that they are too lacking in tactics. The purity movement won't tolerate "error." It won't take the time to listen. But those with a confidence in their own narrative can have an open ended story where the other characters change the plot and narrative flow.

If you think there is not enough diversity here, is it because we are not including the Propaganda all around us? There is nothing new in what we have been assaulted with for three generations of failed promises. Repeating the same mantras will not do.

What the Right has tried to discredit may not be the recipe for the future; but the legacy of what did work needs to be resurrected from the Rewrite while we appreciate the failure of the recent past. Even had we done the best Liberal Keynsian job of growing our economy and spreading the wealth, and even had this been the global strategy of a real interest in global democracy of the Liberal American Century, it would have confronted the reality of a finite world. Growth cannot be the answer. Harmony and balance with nature and with global humanity needs to be the parameter of success for any future economy.

Conservatives who have the perspective on Liberal blind spots are welcomed. Conservatives who reject the Right and seek a new framework are needed. Particularly at this time when Rightwing Lunacy is given camera time as if it were normal and the Middle is confused with the Left, we need conservatives who know that the spectrum is no longer descriptive of reality or good sense.

DRC's picture
DRC

Certain terms instantly destroy the writer/ speakers' credibility. The Amero is on that list.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

clicked the link- here is the result.....

Error 404 - Page Not Found

We're sorry, the file you were looking for could not be found. It may have moved to a new location. Please use the navigation below to help you locate the file. Or use the form below to email us for help.

To return to the home page of this site, click here.

no other comment warranted as the post is as useful as the link

Fred Wilder's picture
Fred Wilder

That's the same result I got.

An interesting perspective to board behaviour can be found reading the comments section of conservative sites. Amazing how uncivil, hateful and vengeful they think the left is.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Ideologues have their own view of the world. I watched a German movie on Netflix last night on the last days of the Third Reich. Amazingly,some Nazis opted for suicide (as written in their last letters), " rather than live in a world without nobility, honor and all that was good".

It's difficult to debate ideologues. They have a differing sense of reality.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease".

polycarp2
Quote rigel1:

This is bad. Really, really bad. Had this happened at a tea party rally, this would have been front page news for a month. Of course,this type of violence would never happen a tea tea party event. We love our women and will defend them.

Yes, that is left for the husbands and boyfriends to take care of at home behind closed doors.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

It should probably be noted that Occupiers are occupying downtown centers that are already hotbeds of nightly violence, homelessness and the like.....products of the very system Occupiers are protesting against.

Probably Occupiers will get the blame for what was already there as an excuse to send them packing...as though that will change the systemic failures that will inevitably have to be addressed. before the whole thing implodes in even the 1%'s faces.

Probably anarchy at the top should be the prime concern. A global financial meltdown that is on-going, multi-trillion dollar wars that have no end in sight and an environmental/resource collapse that is picking up steam.. At some point, people will get that anarchy at the top under the pretense of "control and stability" can solve nothing...and isn't.

It's a free-for-all, no holds barred mess up there.The entire nation and globe are suffering the consequences of that.

Retired Monk -"Ideology is a disease"..

polycarp2

The thing the "downtown encampments" do it put the protest right in the face of the establishment and remind the public of this meltdown. The corporation and politicians don't like them because it makes them look bad. Even liberal politicians want them to move somewhere out of the way. The thing to do is to continue getting more in the face of the crowd.

"Smuggies", as I call them, are the people who have jobs and are angry at the protesters because they believe them to be lazy. The smuggies may well find themselves without a job in a year or two and maybe wishing they hadn't been so smug.

Maybe the next level is to show up with pitchforks and torches.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

Currently Chatting