America Won't Get Fooled Again - Ron Paul 2012

6 posts / 0 new

America Won't Get Fooled Again - Ron Paul 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llS4QMAOn3E

elgiabo's picture
elgiabo

Comments

I've never questioned Ron Paul's integrity or his stand on our wars of choice and civil liberties.

However, he maintains the same economic ideology that effectively brought America's Golden Age to an abrupt halt in the 70's.

Americans will get fooled again. Not one politician in either party recognizes what brought about our Golden Age and what ended it. .Prior to our Golden Age, most Americans could be categorized as the working poor...not middle class. We seem to be returning to the era of the "working poor",

The "American Century"..., our Golden Age..., has been replaced by the Age of Stupidity and Decline.. We embraced a new ideology that in one form or another is pushed by all of the candidates.

Their ignorance of U.S. social/economic history blows me away sometimes.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

Beyond ignorance is the insistence that the facts and evidence "prove" the myth instead of exposing it. Poly, you who have told us about the disease forever ought to get over being blown away by it. I share your amazement that ideology and narrative commitment work as they do, and that intelligence is not the problem and is often what supercharges it. But, I gave up being blown away by it.

DRC's picture
DRC

America's golden ages

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee
Quote polycarp2:

I've never questioned Ron Paul's integrity or his stand on our wars of choice and civil liberties.

However, he maintains the same economic ideology that effectively brought America's Golden Age to an abrupt halt in the 70's.

Americans will get fooled again. Not one politician in either party recognizes what brought about our Golden Age and what ended it. .Prior to our Golden Age, most Americans could be categorized as the working poor...not middle class. We seem to be returning to the era of the "working poor",

The "American Century"..., our Golden Age..., has been replaced by the Age of Stupidity and Decline.. We embraced a new ideology that in one form or another is pushed by all of the candidates.

Their ignorance of U.S. social/economic history blows me away sometimes.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

This is a remarkable statement. How can you possibly associate the economic policies of the last forty years to what Ron Paul believes? In fact, Ron Paul marks the beginning of our precipitous decline to when Nixon closed the gold window in 1971, removing all linkage of our dollar to gold, which ushered in an era of unchecked growth of government, massive public debt and huge levels of inflation. You are correct that this period is marked by the decline of the middle class and the growth of the corporatist class that has managed to attain most of the wealth of the nation in the top 1%. Inflation and fiat money are responsible for the ills that you correctly identify.

The strength that we had prior to the 70s was due to our low public debt and relatively honest money. We had a much smaller government and greater industrial production. This is due to the government being limited in its ability to expand endlessly. Inflation hurts the poor and middle class and transfers wealth to the very rich and well connected.

Ron Paul advocates honest money, private property, contracts, limited government and a market economy with no special privaledges to any group. And most importantly, he is opposed to central banking and fiat money and understands that societies rise and fall based on the quality of their money. Monetary reform is needed to turn this economy and this society around.

Only Ron Paul understands this.

Perhaps you could elaborate on your belief that Ron Paul embraces the economic policies that you feel caused our downfall? I see no evidence of that whatsoever. I believe Paul's public record is evidence that he didn't support the policies of the 1970's, nor of the Reagan years.

Feel free to respond.

jrodefeld's picture
jrodefeld

When I have heard Mr. Paul interviewed about his economic ideas, he has put forth a utopian vision of economic freedom which is neither "supply side" nor Keynsian. He sees a lot that is wrong, but I don't find his solutions convincing. He has little or no faith in the Commons as an effective investment of our collective assets in obtaining the common good. That leaves the ground to the same exploiter privateers who collude with government now.

Honesty in finance and accounting is not just about the value of the currency. Honest money sounds nice and all, but contracts for slaves can be paid in honest money.

DRC's picture
DRC

Currently Chatting