Umm... how many of ya'll still think the Panda is a bear? Apparently MSNBC does!

6 posts / 0 new

That's right! Yesterday, MSNBC reported about the "black-and-white bears" in china! Well, maybe in the courthouse, but not on Afghanistan roads! So, either the MSNBC or the writer or both think the panda is a bear....

That tops the report i heard (on another network, probably) about US troops being wounded by "exploding ordinances"! :D Well, maybe in the courthouse, but not on Afghanistan roads!

harry ashburn's picture
harry ashburn

Comments

I know, it's kind of funny. One of the other news shows keeps referring to the super rich as "job creators" as well. Too funny.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Quote Bush_Wacker:

I know, it's kind of funny. One of the other news shows keeps referring to the super rich as "job creators" as well. Too funny.

Who are the job creators?

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Consumers are the job creators. Wants and needs create jobs. People with money or access to money supply the jobs that are needed. Very few people have an interest in creating jobs. Many people do have an interest in creating wealth though. In the process of trying to create personal wealth they create jobs along the way.

The only acception to that, that I know of would be the big bad government. They tend to try and create jobs that fulfill America's needs via infrastructure spending. There is no one person, or persons reaping the benefits in order to build wealth.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Quote rigel1:
Quote Bush_Wacker:

Who are the job creators?

Job creators are consumers who create demand by spending money. The wealthy are not job creators as the right-wing propogandists want us to believe but more often they usurp jobs by taking an undeserved share of the proceeds from whatever endeavor they are engaged in. This costs others who participate in the endeavor from getting a fair share and it also means that jobs that could have been created go unrealized because a few greedy individuals are hoarding too much for themselves. A perfect example of this in operation is the perverse practice of paying CEO's millions of dollars per year in salary. Those who participate in this sort of corporate plundering claim that this practice is justified in order to attract and keep the best talent but for every pig taking such an outrageous amount there are thousands of people who are just as qualified and who are working just as diligently for far less money. These kinds of situations happen through conspiracies in which compliant board members look out for the interests of executives and vice-versa. Some corporate executives take thousands of dollars an hour in income and, I'm sorry, nobody will convince me that they possess skills that are worth that; especially when you consider the fact that they would not even be able to function in their position if not for the support system all around them. A thousand dollars an hour would provide at least twenty really good middle class wage jobs.

Not long ago there was a show on one of the networks that was based on the idea that each week a different corporate CEO would dress up as an ordinary worker and see what it was like to work at his or her company. The show didn't last but the most striking thing that I noticed while it was still on the air was that there typically is nothing extraordinary about CEO's and that often they appeared to be incompetent and/or ill informed about their own operation. I suspect that the reason the show didn't continue is because it was too revealing.

mdhess's picture
mdhess

Koala bears are the real job creators.

chilidog

Currently Chatting

Keystone would be way worse than we thought!

We already know that the Keystone XL pipeline is a disaster waiting to happen. But, it turns out that the impact of that tar sands pipeline could be even worse than we thought. According to a new study by the Stockholm Environmental Institute, Keystone could add four times more carbon pollution to our atmosphere than the State Department originally estimated.