Free The Corporations!

2 posts / 0 new

Corporations are the money funnels at the root of the destruction of our democracy and world. Of course they have been claimed to be persons and to have all the rights given by the Constitution. But they seem to have all the rights of persons except that given by the 13th Amendment, the right not to be a slave. Of course corporations have shareholders and can not be free.

My idea is to have a corporation sue for freedom under the 13th Amendment from another corporation that was its shareholder. We could name one corporation Slave Inc. and one Master Inc. Of course corporations must have stockholders and it is impossible to “free” one. But the case would be to show that it is absurd to give rights to a creation that by its very nature can not have the ultimate right of freedom. But I think such a case would be dismissed in lower courts if not in the public discussion and media.

I respect the movement to amend the Constitution to end corporate personhood but fear amendments to the Constitution are nearly impossible. And the amendment needed to end corporate personhood is already there. The 13th Amendment states all persons will be free and not slaves but corporations are not capable of being free. We just need to make the courts enforce the 13th amendment.

Will any one join the movement to Free The Corporations?

EricNewlin's picture
EricNewlin

Comments

Thom, do you realize how your endless bleatings about "corporations being people" has now sullied the national debate?

You think you have the smartest listeners on radio, but you really need to own up to the fact that it is your hyperbolic diatribes that lead to the nonsense in the above post.

Calperson's picture
Calperson

Currently Chatting

What will it take to go green?

In the wake of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami that devastated the Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan, that nation embraced more solar and wind and took a hard look at nuclear power. Apparently, it's going to take a similar disaster in our nation to get the United States to make the switch to green energy.