Recess appointment by the White House Today!

63 posts / 0 new

Comments

Quote Recovering conservative2:

Capital, I find your fixation interesting if not disturbing.

Not nearly as disturbing as your apathy and complete lack of intellectual interest in Seperation of Power and Check and Balances of the Largest most powerful Government in the World.

Capital's picture
Capital

Chilidog- "I suppose the President has the power to receive foreign dignitaries at the White House and negotiate treaties himself. And prosecute federal offenses in federal courts, And attend to the daily operations of the Defense Department. Etcetera."

The dictator in charge also has the power, or usurps that power, to asassinate US citizens on foreign and domestic soil.

bullwinkle

Capital, I understand the separation of power but I also understand fairness. When the senate refuses to discuss the issue they are failing to do their job and something has to be done. Your angry should be directed at the senate for failing to do their job of either changing law which is a good one and doesn't need to be change except to strengthen it or reject the nominee which they couldn't get the votes to do.
One person shouldn't have the power to stop the government without discussion and injury 50 million citizens. So I am very disturbed that you are willing to have a few people hurt 50 million.

Recovering conservative2's picture
Recovering cons...
Quote bullwinkle:

Chilidog- "I suppose the President has the power to receive foreign dignitaries at the White House and negotiate treaties himself. And prosecute federal offenses in federal courts, And attend to the daily operations of the Defense Department. Etcetera."

The dictator in charge also has the power, or usurps that power, to asassinate US citizens on foreign and domestic soil.

Did you have any problems with the thousands bush sent to their deaths during his nation building activities which he said he wasn't going to do before he was appointed surpreme ruler by the USSC? No sense in mentioning the billions or trillions that were pissed away on his nation building adventures and what they will cost us well in to the future. I'm sure the war profiteers didn't mind those billions they recieved either.

Sprinklerfitter's picture
Sprinklerfitter

Sprinkler- Danm right I had a problem with bushie and his and chainhead's false flag 9/11 murder of 3000+ innocent citizens and the subsequent deceptive , not to mention illegal, unConstitutional wars. That was then , this is now and thwe current dictator in charge is continuing the illegal, unConstitutional warmongering. BUSH DID NOT INVADE LIBYA! The current dictator is also, with the complicancy or not of the crooks and clowns in Congress, contuing down the slippery slope toward a totalitarian police state. We are now about to get into war with Iran. He may have gloated and gotten some good campaign coverage over getting the troops out of Iraq (although there will be 17,000 private mercenaries to guard the 600 billion dollar embassy and the thousand of bureaucrats left there) but the troops are not coming home. Theyu are being restationed in places like Kuwait and thousands are going top Israel. Getting ready for the war with Iran. The current dictator is really a puppet for the CFR and the NWO banksters and military industrial complex. It is amazing how many here defend this prick.

bullwinkle
Quote Recovering conservative2:Capital, I understand the separation of power but I also understand fairness. When the senate refuses to discuss the issue they are failing to do their job and something has to be done. .

You must have missed the passage "Under Senate Rule XXXI, the final question on a nomination is, “Will the Senate advise and consent to this nomination?” The Senate has three options: confirm, reject, or take no action on the nomination.

It appears they choose to take NO action, which is their congressional right. The president was supposed to find a new nominee, instead of back-dooring the process. As far as I am concerned, that portion of the process was done properly.

Quote Recovering conservative2:One person shouldn't have the power to stop the government without discussion and injury 50 million citizens. So I am very disturbed that you are willing to have a few people hurt 50 million..

The President is 1 person and has the power to stop Government, would you care to change that? Near as I can tell, it was more than one person that disapproved of Condray. "holds" are temporary as long as there is the political will to see him confirmed. I do not see the political will from the Majority. As far as I am concerned and seemingly the Dodd-Frank Reform Laws is concerned, Condray is an illegitimate and is rendered impotent to effect any change. Otherwise known as a complete waste of everyone time

Do you like Presidents that waste your time? The law you so enjoy...... is rendered meaningless till the next congressional session. Which will most likely see a Republican in the White house. Think Dick Cheney heading the Department...

Capital's picture
Capital

Capital, Congress has wasted much more time year than then President could do in 4 years. So again why are you not holding Congress accountable. Congress represents 573 well paid representative plus their staffs and the committee staffs which represents a significant chuck of change. So again you have anger at Obama but not congress.
By the way Holds are not temporary, they can be placed by a senator without a reason for as long as that person is in office.
The courts will determine whether Obama has wasted time or protected 1 out of 5 Americans by taking this action.
Frankly until Congress grows up, I would like to see the President use more of his authority including the patriot act that the Tea Party was so excited to renew.
Boehner and Cantor should be tried for treason and removed from office for the damage they have done this country including engineering the downgrade of the US bond rating.

Recovering conservative2's picture
Recovering cons...
Quote Recovering conservative2:Capital, Congress has wasted much more time year than then President could do in 4 years. So again why are you not holding Congress accountable. .

Congress is a giant succubus of time and energy. 538 random citizens could do a better job than those complete waste of skin. I think I get dumber the more I listen to their unrelenting drivel.

However, this is about Condray’s nomination and the Presidents use of Recess appointments. On this narrow issue the Congress is right and ultimately holding all the cards. (broken clock is right twice a day) Will Congress have the political will and backbone to force a constitutional challenge to Condray’s appointment? Will any private citizen who is affected by any decisions that Condray makes sue on the Ground that he is the illegitimate head of the program? What was the “constitutional Scholar” thinking when he opted for the high stakes gamble on appointing Condray?

Quote Recovering conservative2: Frankly until Congress grows up, I would like to see the President use more of his authority including the patriot act that the Tea Party was so excited to renew.

Is this relatively new sediment? Did you have it during the Bush Presidency?

Personally I would like to see two co-equal branches of government working together for the betterment of the American People and the world at large. Until that happen, I remain entertained by this interesting constitutional chic fights. All slapping and hair pulling but nobody landing any good body shots.

Boehner and Cantor should be tried for treason and removed from office for the damage they have done this country including engineering the downgrade of the US bond rating.

Strange, I think they should be given a medal for finally acknowledging the 5000 ton giant turd in the room nobody wants to talk about as if we can just blissfully go about spending like drunken sailors with consequences. Downgrading is a consequence, a minor one compared to full blown economic collapse.

Capital's picture
Capital
Quote Capital:

Actually I am quite aware of the Process.

President nominates, Nominations are forwarded to the oversite committee, Committee holds discussions/hearings. Committee either recommends or "blocks" a nominee from the Full Senate consideration.

How can you be so passionate about something you clearly know nothing about?

chilidog
Quote Capital:
Quote Recovering conservative2:Capital, Congress has wasted much more time year than then President could do in 4 years. So again why are you not holding Congress accountable. .

Congress is a giant succubus of time and energy. 538 random citizens could do a better job than those complete waste of skin. I think I get dumber the more I listen to their unrelenting drivel.

However, this is about Condray’s nomination and the Presidents use of Recess appointments. On this narrow issue the Congress is right and ultimately holding all the cards. (broken clock is right twice a day) Will Congress have the political will and backbone to force a constitutional challenge to Condray’s appointment? Will any private citizen who is affected by any decisions that Condray makes sue on the Ground that he is the illegitimate head of the program? What was the “constitutional Scholar” thinking when he opted for the high stakes gamble on appointing Condray?

Quote Recovering conservative2: Frankly until Congress grows up, I would like to see the President use more of his authority including the patriot act that the Tea Party was so excited to renew.

Is this relatively new sediment? Did you have it during the Bush Presidency?

Personally I would like to see two co-equal branches of government working together for the betterment of the American People and the world at large. Until that happen, I remain entertained by this interesting constitutional chic fights. All slapping and hair pulling but nobody landing any good body shots.

Strange, I think they should be given a medal for finally acknowledging the 5000 ton giant turd in the room nobody wants to talk about as if we can just blissfully go about spending like drunken sailors with consequences. Downgrading is a consequence, a minor one compared to full blown economic collapse.

I wonder if boehturd or canturd had as much concern for this country when they had total control of the government? From the mess they left us in 2008 I'd say not! Had stooges like them done their frickin jobs we could have avoided the recession the party of regressive cons gave us. Those two idiots need their asses kicked everyday to remind them who they really work for. My guess is the DOLTS that voted for either one of them don't give a damn what they do as long as they make it hard for Obama to govern this country.

Sprinklerfitter's picture
Sprinklerfitter
Quote bullwinkle:

The President IS a dictator - everybody in the Executive Branch is essentially an agent of the President. Barring labor agreements, I don't see any reason why the President does not have the power to take my mail from my post office and deliver it to my mailbox.

But he doesn't have the power to open and read my mail, because he isn't a true dictator. Yeah, I know, any law enforcement officer can easily file some sort of affidavit and enable him to open my mail, but at least they still have to go through the process.

chilidog

Capital, "Is this relatively new sediment? Did you have it during the Bush Presidency? "

Well said!

bullwinkle

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.