Republicans not satisfied with their choice of Presidential candidates

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thom Hartmann A...
Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture

A new AP poll shows that only 23% of Republicans are strongly satisfied with their current choice of candidates for President – and 40% are dissatisfied.  It looks like that voter enthusiasm gap that gave Republicans a victory in 2010 has disappeared.  It also increased the likelihood of a brokered Republican convention later this year.  On the other hand, Romney has millions and millions to buy his way in.

Comments

DRC
DRC's picture
Now, if they decide they are

Now, if they decide they are not satisfied with their party they can begin the hard work of taking it back from its Corporate Masters.  There are a lot of folks who have a religious aversion from joining the Democrats, but were there a sane option under the rubric of democratic capitalism and real respect for tradition, it would provide many of them with a home.

It would also help the Democrats face their own issues without the horror of the greater evil giving triangulators and corpodems a way to exile the Progressives from mattering.  I think there is a general and totally deserved contempt for Corporate dominance that transcends party label.  It is not solved by some Purple Haze compromise within the corporate controlled duopoly; but it would allow us to reject that pathology without having to build a single party alternative to the duopoly.  Instead of divide and conquer defeating us, we could unite about the rejection of corporate and let the rest of our diversity express itself in decent democratic discourse.

Shedding the cultural myths and confronting the tyrannical establishments of power does not require an ideological purity on either 'left' or 'right.'  It does require us to appreciate how badly the DC consensus has missed the mark.

Choco
Choco's picture
I take it as a somewhat

I take it as a somewhat positive sign that the repubs are not very happy with this class of clowns so maybe DRCs projection of political evolution might come to pass. But Thom points out that this might come down to a brokered convention and then all bets are off once again. The democratic process will be sidestepped once again and the power elite will have their way once again. After writing that, I still don't see a reasonable republican candidate among those mentioned, Christie, Forbes, Trump. Crap, I'm longing for Herman Cain again. At least he was entertaining.

DRC
DRC's picture
Yeah, but only Obama can

Yeah, but only Obama can sing.

I think a 'brokered convention' just makes the corporate issue more critical.  They have nobody who addresses anything that disgusts people, so it will still be a turnoff.  I do look forward to the comedy because I keep thinking they can't top the last act, and they do!

Sprinklerfitter
Sprinklerfitter's picture
Thom........I think they

Thom........I think they already have the best and brightest their party has to offer!...Leave them alone!.....Ha..Ha..Ha..Ha

My advice is for everyone is to encourage every last one of them every frickin day to keep their guns blazing away all the way to their convention. The cartoon network isn't as funny as this bunch of idiots are......Even my grandkids think so!