Armed and Clumsy

5 posts / 0 new

Armed and Clumsy (all new!) http://www.newsoftheweird.com/archive/index.html

Men (almost never a woman) Who Accidentally Shot Themselves Recently: Lee Miars, 30, Myrtle Creek, Ore., while pointing a gun at his head to illustrate a story for friends (January). A 22-year-old Navy SEAL, San Diego, Calif., while pointing a gun at his head to convince friends it was unloaded (January). Riki Ingram, 18, Baker, La., shot his leg while "holstering" his gun to his pocket following a robbery (December). Ethan Bennett, 36, Monroe, Wash., aiming at a squirrel running up his leg, shot his foot (November). Special Deputy Ted Maze, Bedford, Ind., shot his hand while reloading at a training session (June). Kenneth Fortson, 21, Atlanta, was killed in a police chase following a home invasion (by, apparently, holding a gun as his pickup truck hit a tree and jarred his trigger finger) (October). Larry Godwin, 68, Redfield, Iowa, shot himself twice firing at a raccoon in a live trap (February).

harry ashburn

Comments

Yeah, guns require handling with respect. What's your point?

TChamp3121's picture
TChamp3121

I'm all for the 2nd Amendment and disagree with Thom about it as I DO think it has gone a long way to keep a coupe d'etat from occurring in the US. They can't throw one if they're going to get their butts shot off. And yes one should take a gun handling class if they are new to guns. Liberals with guns scare the hell out of Republicans <laughing>.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

Ha! Finally, someone who can relate to my position on this website! Here here my friend! Perhaps there is hope to educate these people when it comes to guns.

TChamp3121's picture
TChamp3121

my personal view on the 2nd amendment: Because I believe in the doctrine of 'original intent", naturally, I belive you have the right to bear as many muzzle-loading flintlocks as you can carry.

harry ashburn

Currently Chatting

The other way we're subsidizing Walmart...

Most of us know how taxpayers subsidize Walmart's low wages with billions of dollars in Medicaid, food stamps, and other financial assistance for workers. But, did you know that we're also subsidizing the retail giant by paying the cost of their environmental destruction.