California passed AJR 22, a resolution to U.S. Congress to overturn "Citizens United" !!

1 post / 0 new

Subject: Tell the California state Senate: Only people are people

Hi,

I have some exciting news for those of us who want to overturn the horrible Citizens United vs. FEC Supreme Court decision, which opened the floodgates for unlimited amounts of corporate money to flow into our political system.

The California state Assembly just passed AJR 22, a resolution calling on the U.S. Congress to pass a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United and send it to the states for ratification.

AJR 22 now goes to the state Senate. If it passes there, California will be among the first states to officially call on Congress to amend the Constitution to undo Citizens United.

This would give a huge boost to other, similar efforts nationwide.

I just signed a petition telling my state senator to support a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United. I hope you do, too.

You can find out more information and sign the petition at the link below.

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/ca_citizens_united/?r_by=37135-2881632-pW2kRAx&rc=paste1

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Currently Chatting

Why the Web of Life is Dying...

Could you survive with just half of your organs? Think about it. What if you had just half your brain, one kidney, half of your heart, one lung, half a liver and only half of your skin? It would be pretty hard to survive right? Sure, you could survive losing just one kidney or half of your liver, but at some point, losing pieces from all of your organs would be too much and you would die.