I WANT THOM BACK AT THE OLD HOURS!

11 posts / 0 new

I don't know about you but I had a perfect line up to listen to. Thom Hartmann came on from 9am-noon PST and then Randi Rhodes came on after from noon-3 PST on the same radio station. NOW they are both on at the same time and it's making me crazy because I love both shows! I don't even know what radio station to listen to in order to hear Thom when I am driving around anymore. I don't know what radio station he has moved to because Randi Rhodes is still on at her regular time (same time Thom is now on!).

WHERE DID YOU GO THOM? ARE YOU STILL ON AM RADIO IN LOS ANGELES??

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Comments

I agree. My local station only played 9 of Randi's 15 hours a week... and now we didn't just lose Randi, but are only getting 9 hours of Thom... and have Ed Schultz in the noon slot. Sorry, I'm just not a Ed fan.

Good move Thom!

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Pierpont:Good move Thom!

Realy?? I think not! I sincerely hope you were being facetious, Pierpont. Who benefits from having the two leaders in Progressive Talk Radio on opposite each other?

Conservative Talk Radio, That's who!!

mstaggerlee's picture
mstaggerlee

The Arbs are out for February in the Bay Area. The March one might tell us the impact of Thom's time change:

http://www.radio-info.com/markets/san-francisco

captbebops's picture
captbebops

OK....I still want Thom back in LA and NOT at the same time as Randi Rhodes so what are we going to do about it???

Any suggestions??? I was wondering if Randi would change time slots with Thom so they could both be on again on the same channel. Of course we would have to petition Clear Channel but that could easily be accomplished by creating a petition at change.org

What do YOU think?

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

I'm finding I'm not listening to Thom so much anymore because it was easier in the morning and afternoons I have too much to do. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a big mistake. Perhaps it was someone's idea that he could garner the drive time listeners on the East Coast but I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't work out plus you need stations to carry you for that to work.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

I like the new hours better

NW Oregon Dude's picture
NW Oregon Dude
Quote mstaggerlee:
Quote Pierpont:Good move Thom!

Realy?? I think not! I sincerely hope you were being facetious, Pierpont. Who benefits from having the two leaders in Progressive Talk Radio on opposite each other?

Conservative Talk Radio, That's who!!

I wasn't being facetious. I was being downright sarcastic. I started a thread or two at the beginning of last month protesting the time change for which I've STILL not heard a reason why. So now not only did my station cut Randi, but we only get 9 hours of Thom's show instead of 15. In the noon slot... we now have Ed Schultz who I just can't get into.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

For me, there's no conflict between Thom and Randi. I just listen to Thom! I enjoyed Randi during the Bush years. But she has become too protective of Obama. She gives no air time to the rotten things Obama did. Want examples? Does she ever talk about no due process for former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman? How about Obama's war on whistleblowers like Thomas Drake, Bradley Manning and Julian Assange? Or how Obama's Justice Department refused to prosecute the war criminals from the Bush years? Or how the same Justice Department, staffed by the same Bush attorneys, coordinated police actions to suppress the Occupy protestors in cities across the U.S.? What about Obama's signing into law the right for a president to imprison any American without trial (a provision in the NDAA, signed 12/31/2011)? What about another insane trade treaty, this time with South Korea, Panama and Colombia? And what about a critique of all of Obama's dreadful pro-Wall Street economic advisors? What about Obama's signing of the JOBS Act, reversing Sarbanes-Oxley protections? Did she tell you that even a judge recently complained that Obama's SEC is too lenient on the banksters? I could go on. My point is if you depend on Randi for such news, you've got a long wait.

What you do get on her show is hour after hour of rightful condemnation of the latest outrageous stupidity from the Repugs. I grant you, there's value in listening to someone trashing those bastards. But by not covering what Obama is doing (or not doing) about what Bush did to this country, she's playing into the Republican hands. Every day she doesn't criticize Obama for his failures, she strengthens the illusion shared by many on the left that Obama is one of them. He isn't. In fact, he's to the right of Reagan much of the time. Reagan raised taxes several times, took much bolder action than Obama during the banking crisis of his day (the S&L scandal), granted amnesty to many undocumented immigrants, and signed a bill guaranteeing emergency health care for all who need it. Randi is subtly moving her audience to the right by pretending that Obama is a liberal. Obama simply doesn't talk as foolishly as the Repugs she mocks. But she ignores Obama's pro-corporate agenda. She regards it her job to "sell" Obama to the left. Obama is defrauding the American public, and she likes it that way.

Listen to Thom Hartmann, Mike Malloy and Bob Kincaid if you want to know where America is truly at.

TakeTheCannoli's picture
TakeTheCannoli

Quote TakeTheCannoli:For me, there's no conflict between Thom and Randi. I just listen to Thom! I enjoyed Randi during the Bush years. But she has become too protective of Obama. She gives no air time to the rotten things Obama did.
I don't disagree that Randi is often too partisan and sweeps under the rug Obama's shortcomings and transgressions. But she's a heavy hitter and I love her sarcasm.

But while I love Thom's show he has his shortcomings too. When he fights with the Right for the mantel of the Founders and Framers, it's pretty hard to critique the system they created which is mathematically un- and antidemocratic and virtually reform proof.

Whether someone is liberal or conservative depends on the level of analysis. When it comes to the two parties, Thom is clearly a classic Liberal. But if we're looking at reforming our system, Thom has a very real conservative streak. He may talk about liking the Social Democracies of Europe but acts as if that's just too foreign for America and can't be implemented here. He'd prefer to tweak our defective system than reform it. Economically, however, Thom is clearly Progressive.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Pierpont:But she's a heavy hitter and I love her sarcasm.

As Thom would say, you're making my point. Since Obama took office, Randi has fashioned herself into an attack dog for the President. She doesn't criticize the President when he abandons traditional values of the Democratic Party and good governance. I gave you a litany of such instances. She chose to remain mute, and focused on stupid Republican sound bites. She's turned her show into a stand-up comedy act, refuting easy-to-refute nonsense. Life is short, and I can't waste three hours a day being told what I already know.

Ever the craven, cowardly accomodationist that he is, Obama will sign the cretinous JOBS bill into law today. I will wager that Randi will not lament how Obama will open the door for future Enron schemes, defrauding future investors. She will not lament that Obama will undo something decent George W. Bleeping Bush did! It's now 8:39 AM Eastern time as I type. By 3PM, some Republican somewhere today will say something stupid and harmful. That is what she'll be talking about.

TakeTheCannoli's picture
TakeTheCannoli

Currently Chatting

GOP Blocks Equal Pay...again.

Just in time for election season, Senate Republicans blocked legislation aimed at closing the gender pay gap. For the third time since 2012, Republicans refused to allow debate on the Paycheck Fairness Act, and reminded women that the GOP doesn't believe in equal pay for equal work.