Los Angeles Broadcast changes

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
LaurenMarty
LaurenMarty's picture

Hello,

Can anyway let us know where Tom's radio broadcast will be moving (from 1150 am) in Los Angeles?

Thank you.

Comments

tilgunas
tilgunas's picture
I want to know this answer

I want to know this answer too, I see nothing on KTLK's website and no number to call for info, no "Contact us" either!

bluangel
bluangel's picture
Sorry to be the bearer of bad

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Thom will no longer be a part of the KTLK lineup after tomorrow's broadcast. I contacted the programming director, and he told me this personally. It is because they are contractually required to air The Randi Rhodes show at the 3pm to 6pm Eastern time slot. Nor will Thom be carried in any time slot as a delayed broadcast. So, you're only options are to watch him on Free Speech TV,  purchase his podcasts, listen on Sirius Satellite radio or iHeart radio. I will probably divide my time between he and Randi, and listen to him on iHeart. If you have a smart phone that is probably the best way, but you will have to get the broadcast from a station other than KTLK, since he will no longer be broadcasting from there. I must say, that I am quite disappointed in both Thom, and KTLK for not being more forthcoming about these changes. Every day now for the past couple of weeks I've had to listen to Thom's cheerful promo about his time change, knowing full well that he will no longer air here. Maybe it opens up a broader listenership for him moving to that time slot, and I wish him well if it does, but I still feel like he's abandoning his Los Angeles listeners. Sad day for L.A.

DrTCH
DrTCH's picture
I'm surprised that no one has

I'm surprised that no one has already answered this easy question. Thom has been featured on Pacifica Radio's Los Angeles outlet, KPFK-FM--appearing on your dial at 90.7--for the last couple of weeks. The first week was at 3 p.m. This week he was featured in the morning, at 8 a.m. No permanent time-slot so far.

Please tune in, and insist that he maintain his radicalism. Some of us long-time listener-sponsors have had a suspicion that Station Management would insist on his toning down his usual "take no prisoners" stand, on behalf of liberty and the republic. Let's provide him with all the support possible. KPFK has a glorious history (and still occasional stellar performance), but has shifted somewhat in recent years, reflected in leading commentators having assumed the role of Obama apologists (and absolutely ignoring crucial issues like the evils of NAFTA, the NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) and the "Fed," never-ending wars of conquest and occupation, and the thoroughly fascistic Patriot Act), which is a brain-curdling proposition.  Problems with globalism too, e.g., in the guise of the CFR, TLC and Bilderbergers. Clearly, the USA has been taken for a Neocon/fascist ride, as the country seems intent on still more barbarism and still more plunder, as due process and other fundamental rights are ripped away from us. Millions of American citizens must "step up to the plate" and JUST SAY NO!!

Oh, you may also catch Thom on KPFK's Audio Archives--online--at your convenience. Just Google KPFK.org for more info.

miksilvr
I updated one or two posts

I updated one or two posts with this information when the news came out ... here is one, not sure where the others are:

THOM...WE WANT YOU BACK IN LOS ANGELES!!!

DynoDon
Listen to Roy Tuckman's

Listen to Roy Tuckman's Wednesday night show if you want to hear some of those things discussed.