Our planet may be dangerously close to a tipping point when it comes to global climate change?

18 posts / 0 new

That’s the message coming out of the "Planet Under Pressure" conference in London this week, where scientists warned that irreversible catastrophic damage to the planet is just around the corner unless nations radically act THIS decade to cut CO2 emissions.

According to scientists – if emissions continue at this pace – the global temperatures will rise by six degrees Celsius by 2100 – leading to mass extinctions, freak weather, and even “contemporary civilization’s collapse.” Unfortunately - as long as oil barons - who care more about their quarterly profits than about the planet we’re passing on to our children – retain control of our Congress – then real action on climate change in this country is impossible.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

Quote Thom Hartmann:According to scientists – if emissions continue at this pace – the global temperatures will rise by six degrees Celsius by 2100

Hi Thom,
I am suspect of what one group of so-called scientists is warning us about. Global warming is being used as the excuse for the criminal, global, covert, ever increasing aerosol spray operations that have been in place for over a decade now. The ionosphere of our planet is likewise being deliberately heated with HAARP - I wonder what effect all this has on global warming? With certain exceptions mainstream media keeps it's mouth shut; you'll never see an article or debate on this topic in the New York Times for example. Try to email a political representative about the bizarre trail and cloud formations in the sky, you'll likely get a dis-info sheet claiming that what you are seeing are just normal jet condensation trails. Right...

Please see the new video below for another point of view:

GEOENGINEERING at PLANET UNDER PRESSURE 2012 CONFERENCE, LONDON

ABCee's picture
ABCee

I do think very much we are at a tipping point. Here in California we're having longer, colder winters than usual and then milder summers. It's almost as if we have only two seasons now.

You want to talk "Climate Change" not "Global Warming" however or the public won't understand. Fishing boat owners from around who fish Alaska say that glaciers are definitely receding. As they melt we get the colder arctic air so hence the colder weather. Some folks definitely have doubts over climate change but the fact remains you can't have 7 billion plus people generating heat and pollution and not have that contribute to the problem. I do think that carbon taxes are not the solution an if anything appear to be a scam.

captbebops's picture
captbebops
Quote captbops:Here in California we're having longer, colder winters than usual and then milder summers

I'm in California.The weather is being modified by day after day after day of aerosol "geoengineering" for over a decade now. The once blue skies have turned almost white. The weather and seasons started to change when the sprayplanes began to ramp up their operations back in 2000. The clouds on most days now are 100% fake. Do you hear me? FAKE!

I have observed on so many occasions days starting out with natural clouds in the sky. Then suddenly, as from out of nowhere, the sprayplanes appear one after the other and deposit chemtrails overhead, and the natural clouds dry up resulting in a big bald spot over the city. This is obvious to anybody who looks up and studies the patterns occurring. But nobody does; nobody seems to care. And the media shuts up - what's on the Sports Channel tonight?

Yes, there is man made climate change, resulting from the relentless aerosol spraying and poisoning of our atmosphere. This is deliberate. The whole greenhouse gas arguemant is B.S. As the video I posted 2 boxes up states, and please watch it now if you have not, these operations are worse than a genocide; they are a humanocide!

DOWN WITH AEROSOL GEOENGINEERING PROGRAMS! WAKE UP, THEY ARE KILLING US, AND DESTROYING THE ENTIRE ECOSYSTEM!

Thank you.

ABCee's picture
ABCee

Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025.

How can anyone take the cause of co2 emissions seriously and then purposefully LOOK AWAY when confronted with such an ominous statement put out by your own government? How does someone do that?

I didn't make this stuff up. Type that into your search engines on your computer. All of the main information is out there... look it up. Go ahead... Dr. Oz will be on tomorrow!

I am a believer in chemtrais. They are being sprayed a couple of times a week in my area. I live about 30 minutes outside of Chicago.

Water vaper that freezes in the sky will thaw out and evaporate. These "trails" do not. The stretch across the sky and form partial tic tac toe formations and then they morph out into some surreal clouds. Then they blow over more populated areas. Gary, Indiana and Chicago, Illinois.

Go to bing.com and type in a search for: Weather as a Force Multiplier.

I went to the 6th one down that was presented by theglobalrealm.com and they do not think this is something silly to scoff at. It's deadly serious and very complex.

Until someone tells me what exactly is causing all of the cancer, alzheimer , and autistic children... I have a bad feeling that we are being experimented on like lab rats by insane scientist. It's not out of the realm of possibility because sick experiments have been conducted on us numerous times in the past.

I don't know what HAARP is. I know that it does something. I have a bad feeling that it does something very dangerous.

Hugo Chavez openly speculated that HAARP was responsible for the earthquake in Haiti and that Haiti was only a test run for what HAARP was going to do in Iran. Now he has cancer.

I find it odd that no one claims, "global warming" anymore. I don't believe that emails were accidentally leaked out to make "useful idiot" scientist appear to be oafish and lazy. "Climate Change" is a better cover story for a machine that can cause earthquakes.

Imagine what could be done if ONE NATION, and only one nation, could control the global jet stream?

Again... Fletcher Christian is not making this stuff up. Our military created a document that was titled: Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025. I am merely asking questions and making observations. I would like to NEVER have learned of this madness!

OWNING THE WEATHER IN 2025. How can anybody take co2 emissions seriously and then never call into question this ominous statement made by your own government.

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian

"Global Warming" to "Climate Change"

If we are to believe the story that was put out in the press. Then I am to believe that some clever hackers got into private email accounts of the elitist scientists/CO2 cap and tax emission money grabbers and exposed them for the frauds that they are.

So the greedy scientists are now caught red handed and they blush and say, "OK you caught us... we'll sheepishly call it climate change. Is climate change acceptable fella's? Please say it is. Don't bully us anymore. We're wimpy nerds who wear glasses... we can't fight back... I'll let you dunk me in the toilet and give me a swirley... please let me call it climate change... pppllleeeaaaassseee!"

I'm not buying it.

The change in the model of propaganda was done to provide a better cover for the United States military industrial complex.

Anyone can see through the flaws of cap and trade. The fact that CHINA wasn't a participating entity is the best evidence that something shady is going on here.

Climate Change... what is that? The climate changes all of the time. Where I live... it changes 4 times... EVERY YEAR! It's called the 4 seasons. Even Frankie Valli had the 4 seasons! This is the LAMEST movement that has ever existed. Climate change, HA! It's a joke.

Global Warming is scary stuff. The earth is being turned into a giant greenhouse and we're all going to be cooked in our own juices. Now that's a movement I could get behind! Shame that's been outed as a fake, huh?

"Climate Change" allows for ANYTHING. Cold = climate change. Hot = climate change. Windy = climate change. Flood = climate change. Earthquake = climate change. Perfect weather = climate change. How is anyone supposed to get behind a movement that is fatally flawed?

The term "global warming" was destroyed by design like our banking system. The federal reserve isn't federal... it's privately owned. It's privately owned and it's a secret who owns it. It's "federal" as much as I am. I guess if I change my name to "Federal Christian" then that'll make me an official part of the government. No? It's lame? Ok, so is climate change.

Fletcher Christian

Somebody once said "Being talked to death is a miserable death."

ABCee's picture
ABCee

ABCee, you should see my post elsewhere here on weather modification where I said that vain scientists and military have no business messing with the weather system. That's better left to mother nature. I've been aware of chemtrails since they were were first written about in the 1960s in the Berkeley Barb and L.A. Free Press. I know that is only a few years to be awake. :D

captbebops's picture
captbebops

There are dis-info agents on this board who will attempt to employ whatever means necessary to dismiss, distort, or dilute the gravity of the matter of the crimes being committed against our planet in the sky above.

ABCee's picture
ABCee

Who? I hope I am not an agent of dis-information. I know what I see in the sky over my neighborhood... and it is not the natural bi-product of regular exhaust and water vapor from jets. Besides that, I don't know what's going on with weather modification.

I do believe our government has the technology to do it. I do not know how that technology works. (Kinda like my television. I get the "macro", not the "micro" of it.

I also believe that we are sold through the media outlets certain propaganda hit pieces. I believe the change in wording from "global warming" to "climate change" is a substantial and overt change. I think this is being done purposefully to effect an agenda.

I believe that agenda to be something like, "Yes, we are spraying the air to protect you from the sun's harmful rays." If we collectively buy in to the concept of "climate change", then we'll be more accepting of the lie. That lie is agenda 21 and the killing off of roughly 2/3rds of the planets human life.

I mean given our history, why wouldn't that be a possibility?

Fletcher Christian

The biosphere is way screwed. I'm sure we've passed more than one tipping point.

There are things to be paranoid about....like greenhouse gases. Chemtrails are the least of our worries.

MEJ's picture
MEJ
Quote MEJ:Chemtrails are the least of our worries.

It's words of wisdom time again: "Chemtrails are the least of our worries." Hey, what's a little barium and aluminum oxide gonna hurt - day, after day, after day, after day over the entire planet for over a decade now. Move along folks, nothing to be concerned about. I think you forgot to say "Geoengineering is good for us!"

Chemtrails are the least of our worries

Chemtrails are the least of our worries

Bonus Video

ABCee's picture
ABCee

MEJ - Are you actually "thinking" while you are typing?

Why do you think that "global warming" was changed to "climate change"?

Think about that. I mean really think about it.

I am supposed to be fighting "climate change", right? So that means that I am supposed to be in favor of climate manipulation in order to keep it "stable". To keep it from "changing". Are you catching my drift?

Do you think that the powers that be will ONLY change the climate for the good of the people living in it? If you do think this way... WHY?

I imagine that you've dedicated a great portion of your life living in a responsible, noble way. By supporting these "climate change" agendas you probably feel that you are doing a good deed.

You have been lied to. The U.N.'s Agenda 21 program is a power grab. It's not there to help us out.

Chemtrails are a part of it. It's fact. All you have to do is look up. Chemtrails all over the sky 2 days ago... none today. What's the difference in the atmosphere in 2 days time? (nothing.)

Fletcher Christian

MEJ, it's OK... you are the one NEO.

knock, knock...

Fletcher Christian

Climate is always Changing. We have to change, adapt, with the Climate.

This changes has formed us humans to be what we are today. The first great human societies was formed in northern Africa, around 16.000-13.000 years ago, after great Climate Changes, when the savannah changed into the sandy desert as we know it now.

One of the most striking climate changes of the past 11,000 years caused the abrupt desertification of the Saharan and Arabia regions: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1999/07/990712080500.htm

New research about sea-levels rise during an extremely warm period 400,000 years ago: http://scienceblog.com/52794/new-research-lowers-past-estimates-of-sea-l...

Dennis_Nilsson's picture
Dennis_Nilsson

Human Consumption will trigger global collapse: http://www.care2.com/causes/human-consumption-will-trigger-global-collap...

tina in colorado

The ice is melting on MARS. The sun is really hot.

Fletcher Christian

Dennis wrote:

Climate is always Changing. We have to change, adapt, with the Climate.

poly replies: True. Some civilizations collapsed, others came into being and flourished.as their local climates improved. On our own continent, the Anasazi were big time losers.with local climate change.

However, this time around about 2/3 of the human population is at risk of famine.That includes the United States where 1/3 of the national food supply (The Central Valley of Calif.) is turning into a dust bowl. Texas and Colo. seem to be following suit.

Probably learning how local climate is determined by global climate would be beneficial for most. It isn't that difficult.

The consensus seems to be that unless emissions are curtailed drastically within a little under 5 years, the changes will be irreversible.and will accelerate.

If you're a financier, it's a golden opportunity to dramatically improve your fortune. Nothing sells better or at a higher price than those things necessary for survival...that are in short supply. Control the supply like Monsanto or ADM, etc., and roll in the gold.

Who would want to ruin a coming once in a lifetime opportunity by addressing global warming? There are fortunes to be made. Let it ride.The collateral damage of 2/3 of the human race is irrelevant just as the 45,000 Americans who die every year from lack of access to health care is irrelevant to health ins. firms.

The motivator is profit...not humanity. Global warming will be very, very good for gigantic businesses.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

Currently Chatting

GOP Blocks Equal Pay...again.

Just in time for election season, Senate Republicans blocked legislation aimed at closing the gender pay gap. For the third time since 2012, Republicans refused to allow debate on the Paycheck Fairness Act, and reminded women that the GOP doesn't believe in equal pay for equal work.