Peter Bergman of Firesign Theatre Has Passed

4 posts / 0 new

Peter Bergman, founder of the Firesign Theatre, podcaster on Radio Free Oz right up to the end, and, personally, teenage hero and email penpal of mine up until last week, passed away on Friday at age 72 due to complications from luekemia, and from the heartbreak of learning his best halographic buddy, Thom Hartmann, was to never be heard again on KTLK.

(I made up the last part, but Pete and Thom were mutual listeners of each other, and I believe Pete would have been as upset as I was at KTLK's decission to axe Thom from the schedule.)

I'm sure there's no harm in printing this address now for cyber eulogies -

ooooo's picture
ooooo

Comments

"He's no fun. He fell right over."

R.I.P. Lieutenant Bradshaw!

Steve.I.Am's picture
Steve.I.Am

Pete’s Last WordsBy RadioFreeOzSaturday, March 10th, 2012

“Take heart, dear friends. We are passing through the darkening of the light. We’re gonna make it and we’re going to make it together. Don’t get ground down by cynicism.

Don’t let depression darken the glass through which you look. This is a garden we live in. A garden seeded with unconditional love. And the tears of the oppressed, and the tears of the frustrated, and the tears of the good will spring those seeds. The flag has been waived. It says occupy. Occupy Wall Street. Occupy the banks. Occupy the nursing homes. Occupy Congress.

Occupy the big law offices. Occupy the lobbyists. Occupy…yourself. Because that’s were it all comes together. I pledge to you, from this moment on, whatever it means, I’m going to occupy myself. I love you. See ya tomorrow.”

"Oh, I'm sorry, That's not correct. You do not get the antidote."

ooooo's picture
ooooo

I have always secretly suspected that Thom Hartmann was the voice of "Nick Danger."

Steve.I.Am's picture
Steve.I.Am

Currently Chatting

The Death of the Middle Class was by Design...

Even in the face of the so-called Recovery, poverty and inequality are getting worse in our country, and more wealth and power is flowing straight to the top. According to Paul Buchheit over at Alternet, this is the end result of winner-take-all capitalism, and this destruction of the working class has all been by design.