Stand for Israel $25 Food Box Ad

13 posts / 0 new

Totally Shameless Ad by a Group calling itself the International Fellowship of Christians & Jews. I saw it on USA channel this morning at 12:30 am. It’s a full two minute TV Ad that works double duty as a Push-Poll and false-pretense fund raiser.

I won’t try to detail the video going on while the following words are spoken, but it’s every bit as well done as the Childfund.org Ad that runs before and after it - but don't be too quick to tell me I'm misremembering it - I was taping the movie and I keep the commercials intact.

It opens with a person identified as Rabbi Yechel Eckstein explaining:

“Each of these food boxes represents a gift of life for people here in Israel who are in desperate need. These are very difficult times for Israel and the Jewish people as the government spends more and more of its resources for battling terrorism.

The situation has become a crisis. Every week the lines get longer and longer, more and more people come – you can see the desperation for food.

The Bible teaches: Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob. He upholds the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. Psalm 146: 5-7

This is pasta. This $25 Food Box will provide one desperately needy family here in Israel with food, with hope and with a note inside each of these saying that it’s from Christians and Jews in America who seek to bless them.”

Female Voiceover: “With your phone call, right now, a food box will go out to one desperate family in Israel. Inside the food box is a special note that will bless them and let them know that America stands strong in solidarity with Israel in their struggle for survival.”

Rabbi again: “Many of these people are ill, they’re sick, they’re alone – they don’t have the money to afford things that many of us, most of us, take for granted. I ask you to please help – go to your phone and tell us that you stand with Israel at her time of need.”

Female Voiceover: “Israel and its people need your help now. You can make a life-changing difference by calling and saying that you will give e a $25 Food Box to help a family in need in Israel. Thank you and God bless you for your support.”

As with most propaganda, it stands the truth on its head. Making it seem as though this is the situation in Israel (rather than the one Israel has created and perpetuated in Palestine). Also unlikely that its just coincidence that its airing while Israel resumed it's offensive acts - like cutting off cooking fuel to Palestine.

Rodger97321's picture
Rodger97321

Comments

Maybe we should arm the Arabs and disarm the Jews. What do you think the peace loving Arabs would do once they get the advantage? I think they might find a final solution to the Jewish problem. Surrounded by countires that want them dead, Israel is the tiniest bully that the world has ever seen.

Stop the hate.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

I agree that Israel should "Stop the hate". [reposting this as my prior response disappeared]

Of all the groups that should not be seeking to emulate the worst atrocities of WWII - I would think it would be Israel.

Apartheid is wrong - even more heinous when it's used as a tool to cover the theft of property.

Rodger97321's picture
Rodger97321
Quote Rodger97321:

I agree that Israel should "Stop the hate". [reposting this as my prior response disappeared]

Of all the groups that should not be seeking to emulate the worst atrocities of WWII - I would think it would be Israel.

Apartheid is wrong - even more heinous when it's used as a tool to cover the theft of property.

You did not mention any problem with the hate against Israel. It sounds like you are in favor of hate against Israel. Right?

We should stand up for the Muslims. Women should be property, beaten at will. Gays should be killed. Alternative religions should be banned. Prison without trial. No free speech. Internet heavily censored. Death penalty for just about everything. Israel occupies the tiniest fraction of land in the middle east. Yet that tiny fraction is still way, way too much. Oh and forget the fact the Jerusalem has been the capitol of Israel for 4000 years. Give it up. If the country has two acres of land that's too much.

"Apartheid is wrong - even more heinous when it's used as a tool to cover the theft of property".

You can't possibly be claiming that jews would be treated fairly in ANY mid east country other than Israel can you? They would be in mortal danger for the crime of being Jewish. Do you call that apartheid as well?

My friend, you sound a little borderline anti-semetic. Are you?

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Your ignorance is showing, once again. Jews, Christians and Muslims lived together in the Middle East and did particularly well together in the Ottoman Empire. There are still Jewish communities where Israel has not become "the issue," and what makes it "the issue" is the European racism that the Zionists brought to this Israel. It is also a "tiny" country with nuclear weapons and money, so it can be a military power in its region; but it could also have been the economic engine had it seen its lot in solidarity rather than in being special and other.

There are a lot of Israelis who see this course as suicidal and who blame Americans for giving the wrong people too much support to the detriment of Israel's ability to survive.

It is ridiculous to call this opinion "anti-Semitic" for both the reason that it is about wanting Israel to survive and that the people you insult are Semites.

DRC's picture
DRC
Quote rigel1:

My friend, you sound a little borderline anti-semetic. Are you?

I'm going to assume the misspelling is accidental. Semitic refers to Language; a Semite is a person.

I believe I am pro-Semite, but I insist on sticking with the age-old definition of Semite as including Sumerians, Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews and Arabs. Semite is a subset of another group. I am also pro-Human, including all subsets.

But I am anti-Apartheid (actions/practices of some of those subsets). These actions are initiated voluntarily and could be discontinued at any time - they simply have to make a different choice.

I also believe there is nothing accidental is the co-opting of the term to refer to a tiny portion of that whole (as if they feel entitled to complete ownership of it). If one wants to say: "anti-Jewish" or "anti-Israeli" - that's what one should say.

Rodger97321's picture
Rodger97321

All I ask is if we as US Taxpayers are paying billions in foreign aid to Israel shouldn't we have some account of that money, where and how it is spent? Shouldn't the UN be able to audit Israel's nuclear stockpile? Shouldn't Israel be asked to make reperations for the brutal attack on the USS Liberty?

This accounting should also apply to US aid to Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Azerbaijan, via the US Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce.

Choco's picture
Choco
Quote DRC:

Your ignorance is showing, once again. Jews, Christians and Muslims lived together in the Middle East and did particularly well together in the Ottoman Empire.

And your ignorance is baffling.

Most Muslim countries do not want concessions from Israel. They want the Jews eliminated. If Israel were to be disarmed, they would be overrun and crushed. There is absolutley no doubt about that. Disarming Israel would not lead to peace. Do you realize that the vast majority of wars in the world are because a Muslim country could not get along with its neighbor? Or could not get along with itself? Nearly every current war is due to some form of Muslim aggression. You can try like Hell to blame the US for this, but nothing we do will ever make them happy. As long as there exists a state of Israel.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

First of all you are being Anti-Semetic. The christmas that you celebrate is based on Judaism and Yeshua, you better be lucky that you are hiding behind your computer screen typing these things. Jewish people around the world are suffering because of their faith. How would you like to be a Russian Jew stuck in a communist regime unable to find a job because of your faith and unable to get public assistance or how would you like to be tortured in eastern africa because you are a Black Jew and you keep the shabbat you dont bother anyone but you are massacared for your faith. Before you get on here and talk trash about the Jews you better check yourself, they have been systematically harrassed since the days of ancient Egypt. If you wont help the Jews you will stay broke and be cursed with a curse!

Adi-el's picture
Adi-el

Oh yeah and by the way Mr. Thomm Hartmann, before you go out of your way to talk trash about the Jews think what your Jewish Collegues would think about that. May you be cursed with a curse from Yeshua Mr. Thomm Hartmann if you do not help his holy annointed Jewish people who are dying and suffering and my Holy Rabbi does not just help Israeli Jews, he helps Russian Jews, African Jews and Asian Jews. There are homeless Jews in Israel unable to socialize find employment because they may not be as fluent in hebrew as the Jews born and raised there, and I dont give a damn about my spelling. Saudie Arabia, Oman, Yeman, Dubai, Palestine and many other countries in the Middle east have Princes worth Hundreds of Billions even into the trillions and they dont give a damn about the poor so they brought that on themselves, Put that in your pipe and smoke it Mr. Thomm Hartmann, Cursed with a curse!

Adi-el's picture
Adi-el

The birth of the nation of Israel may yet bring about the death of the planet. It should never have happened. For god's sake, it is quite possible to decry - even despise - Zionism, the nation of Israel and its policies, while acknowledging individual Jews as entirely worthy of the same humanitarian consideration and respect accorded all decent human beings.

Thanks for the post, Rodger97321.

VHEMT

Alberto Ceras 2's picture
Alberto Ceras 2

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/2/8/88490/World/Region/Germany-to-sell-two-destroyers-to-Israel.aspx

Germany to sell two destroyers to Israel

AP , Saturday 7 Dec 2013

Germany will sell two destroyers to Israel for one billion euros ($1.3 billion), the Bild daily reported Saturday.

The torpedo-carrying war vessels will be used to protect Israeli pipelines, the paper said, without citing a source.

Pipelines???? Let’s see: for $1.3 billion Israel could have bought lots and lots of little $25 boxes (and maybe a couple more atomic weapons to boot)…

Here’s the web page for Tikkun and a paragraph from the section on Israel/Palestine. I posted this as a comment to another blog but it bears repeating:

http://www.tikkun.org/nextgen/

Israel/Palestine

From the start Tikkun has taken the view that Jewish morality and prophetic tradition require a challenge to all governments, including that of Israel, to live by the highest ethical standards. The more Israel rejects Jewish morality and the Torah’s injunction to “love the stranger” in its treatment of the Palestinians, the more it loses the support of the most ethically sensitive people in the world and of many younger Jews in the diaspora. We are committed to full and complete reconciliation between Israel and the Palestinian people within the context of social justice for the Palestinians and security for Israel. Our view is that solutions to intractable conflicts begin as increasing numbers on each side can empathize with and tell the other side’s story. That is an exceptionally hard thing to do in this case, given the traumas both Jews and Palestinians have suffered, but we believe it is possible. Our special issue on the 60th anniversary of the state of Israel and of the Nakba is here. See also Michael Lerner's essay "A Jewish Renewal Understanding of the State of Israel," his book Embracing Israel/Palestine, and the Tikkun Israel/Palestine Peace Plan.

VHEMT

Alberto Ceras 2's picture
Alberto Ceras 2

I agree with Rabbi Tikkun's peace plan 100%.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.