Wall Street has picked their favorite political party

3 posts / 0 new

According to an analysis by the Center for Responsive Politics, Wall Street has spent $33 million so far in the 2012 Presidential contest, and the banksters have given 92% of all that cash to Republicans – more than 30 million bucks. Democrats on the other hand have only received two-and-a-half million.

And within the Republican Party, Wall Street has picked their guy too – Mitt Romney. In fact, multi-millionaire Mitt Romney has gotten 72% of all the money Wall Streets dropped so far into the election. With a campaign treasure chest like that , funded by America’s banksters, Romney doesn’t feel too bad about a weekend loss to Rick Santorum in the Louisiana Primary.

Romney is winning what really counts – not delegates – but the number of millionaires and billionaires in his corner.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

Yes Thom, but money doesn't buy votes. It buys airtime. And please oh please, we need Mitt Rmoney in fron t of the camera more, telling us how he is unemployed, and likes to fire people...

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

" Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods. "
H. L. Mencken

" It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. "
H. L. Mencken

Senator_Blutarsky's picture
Senator_Blutarsky

Currently Chatting

GOP Blocks Equal Pay...again.

Just in time for election season, Senate Republicans blocked legislation aimed at closing the gender pay gap. For the third time since 2012, Republicans refused to allow debate on the Paycheck Fairness Act, and reminded women that the GOP doesn't believe in equal pay for equal work.