Anderson Cooper Laughs at Dyngus Day, Apologizes ... for what, being human ? ... and my favorite Christaine Amanpour moment

2 posts / 0 new

I saw this clip on one of the news or talk shows this morning ... decided to share it with the folks on the 'board. Thought you would also find it funny, maybe also a little bit ironic ... as long as you are not Polish, or took offense to this. (If you did, sorry).

Why ? It's simple ... we've watched Anderson Cooper, Richard Engel, and countless other correspondents report while embedded with the troops in a war zone wearing helmets and those flak vests, or from the hot zone that was Tahrir Square during those crazy but violent days of the Egyptian revolution when molotovs and sniper shots filled the air... all stone face, serious, dead-on with the message, a sense of fear and danger sometimes in the air (sometimes a few of us have even wondered "what the heck are you doing there ?"). And then he gets his own talk show, and shows a different side of himself (at least I guess that's what he does on the afternoon show ... I've never watched it ... anyhow), or gets to do stories on CNN like ... "Dyngus Day" ... sorry folks, I did not know until today that this is a real holiday for the Polish community. And if I could remember any of those jokes I've heard over the years that said something about a dyngus, I would not repeat them.

Now, the evidence ...

Video: Anderson Cooper Laughs at Dyngus Day, Apologizes
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/entertainment/video-anderson-cooper-laughs-dyngus-day-apologizes

Anderson Cooper apologizes for Dyngus Day giggle fit, gets asked to become the Pussy Willow Prince --

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/12/anderson-cooper-apologizes-dyngus-day/

This little out of character incident by Cooper reminds me of one of my favorite Christiane Amanpour moments. She was about to report live on CNN from a remote site a few years ago, probably from one of Bush's wars, but the satellite signal developed an audio problem. There she was, live on CNN, standing there patiently (or at least I thought) waiting for someone to tell her the audio problem was fixed ... and yes, they fixed it ... which was clearly revealed when the first word out of the old pro's mouth was "goddamnit !!" . Clear as it could be, thanks to the frantic efforts of CNN's top notch audio crew. Back at the studio, the host decided to cut to a commercial break to fix the problem ... basically, giving Christiane a chance to gather herself. Every time I think about that, it cracks me up. But alas, I have not found this clip on youtube yet.

Don't worry, there is still hope ... I found 2 other things on youtube today that I was "missing" while looking for something completely different. My ADD'ld brain at work ... which reminds me, anybody have a suggestion on which of Thom's ADD books I should read ? I tried to ask him in the chat room one day after the radio show ended, but missed him by a few seconds, according to SueN. Of course, I've forgotten to ask the question again until now.

miksilvr

Comments

If this were a court of law... I'd call it "entrapment"!

Do you know how hard this is for me NOT to start taking pot shots at "The White Haired Wizard"?!?

I'm sure him and "Syrian Danny" are sharing a plate of spaghetti together, like "Lady and the Tramp".

Awww...

Bang! Zoom! Right to the Moon, Alice!

Anderson Cooper is such a nice fella. (When he's not busy war mongering.)

My oh my... I "hope" I'm not being a bully.

No one can transition from helping to kill innocent Muslims to interviewing Kathy Griffin like Anderson!

Cheers! Great job "Billionaire Ted"! Your boys are making you proud... you know... helping out with overpopulation by propagating war on innocent people.

Al Gore and Barry's got themselves a Nobel Prize... you've got to be next in line! If Bill Gates or Oprah don't get there first!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSlB1nW4S54

So in "Uncle Ted's" world... "WE" the commoners, get to have 1 maybe 2 children. While he gets to have 5! Way to "walk it like you talk it" you creepy old fart. Nice stasche! Love the suit.

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.