Barry Soetoro

29 posts / 0 new

I have thought that the "birther's" were all insane.

As an article of faith, I didn't want to even look at their facts. I finally went to a couple of sites... both FOR and AGAINST the facts of the case.

It's not as "insane" as I originally thought. There's some smoke. I'll put it this way, there's enough smoke that I can't laugh it off like I used to.

No one knows a lot about the man that resides in the White House. That's a fact.

We know that his "step father" enrolled him into an Indonesian elementary school under the name of "Barry Soetoro" and also listed his religion as Islam. That's not Fletcher's opinions, those are agreed upon facts. I found that to be shocking.

The Selective Service ID is highly suspect. When the "official" date stamp is 80' instead of 1980... I raised an eyebrow. When the 80' that's stamped on the paper matches exactly to the 2008 stamp, only the 08 of the 2008 is cut off and upside down to explain the 80 that is on the "official" document, I can't say that it's a legal document at all.

So let's say that he lied about his American birth to get financial assistance to go to college. So he really was born in Hawaii, but he lied about it to get into college easier. I've always heard it's not the lie that gets you into trouble, it's the cover up. If that's the case, then we're in a lot of trouble. There is a massive cover up of "something" that's happened with his documentation. What that exactly is, I don't know.

I think that he is at the very least... a highly compromised politician that is open to all sorts of blackmail. At the most... he's exactly what they say he is... a fraud that is wrecking our constitution faster than any before him has ever done.

I voted for this guy. I can't laugh off all of the suspect activity that surrounds this highly controversial president.

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian

Comments

I think the "birther" meme is about as funny as it gets. Here we have Obama in flesh and blood, a real guy who graduated from real schools and who people in Hawaii remember from his youth. He is the son of a mixed, white/black relationship with the father absent for almost all his life. He was raised by his single mother and her parents who are White mid-Westerners who migrated to Hawaii, and he went to college prep schools in Honolulu.

But, we have to have him be "an alien" so his election will be forfeit in our national story--or theirs-- and this means that he has to be a "usurper." Can't be eligible if he is not really born in Honolulu like the official papers say. Truth based in evidence, or the need to have suspicion in order to believe the myth. Not much choice here; myth always wins for those who want it to.

Now, even more suppose it were. . . What if the birther theories were true? What kind of devious planning did it take to slip this intelligent, talented and able Black man into a contender and winner of a presidential election? Genetic genius, and sleeper cell so well crafted and implemented, and a human being who can even cover Al Green. How did they get him elected as the President of Harvard Law Review? These conspirators need to be running this country 'cause they can get it done! Really!

DRC's picture
DRC

So, are you saying that he never went by the name Barry Soetoro? Are you saying that his college records aren't sealed? Are you saying that his Selective Service ID isn't shady? Are you saying that his Mother didn't remarry? Are you saying that he didn't attend school in Indonesia? Are you saying that his Step Dad didn't list his religion as Islam?

I've at least read the articles and looked at the photos. Have you? I at least, know the argument. Do you?

You do the same and see if you can still laugh everything off.

What if he lied about his nationality to get into college easier? To my wife, it wouldn't matter. Like she said, "Who were you going to vote for? The 'old man & the ding bat'!?!" It's a shame that our choice came down to an "unknown" and an "old mad and a dingbat".

I'm saying that this guy was an unknown and he lived 30-40 minutes away from me. I knew about Jack Ryan and his sex scandal, but I really didn't know anything about the democratic candidates in the race. I know something about Alan Keys... and I don't like what I know. Again, the focus was on the negatives of the republican opposition. Alan Keys could've been running against Craig Furgeson's robot and the robot would've won.

Fletcher Christian

We know everything we need to know about Barry. There is much credible data available to make your case against the president and many here in Thomville do so. Those who voted for him and expected him to change our entire world in one term are naive, but it's understanding to see the frustration. Those who voted for him and then jump on the birther train are in a whole different category. It's beyond sour grapes, it's irrational. Reminds me of T Elliott Bam Scam except he don't claim birther nonsense.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote Laborisgood:

We know everything we need to know about Barry. There is much credible data available to make your case against the president and many here in Thomville do so. Those who voted for him and expected him to change our entire world in one term are naive, but it's understanding to see the frustration. Those who voted for him and then jump on the birther train are in a whole different category. It's beyond sour grapes, it's irrational. Reminds me of T Elliott Bam Scam except he don't claim birther nonsense.

I'm not on the birther train but I am open minded. His backround seems to be more mysterious than it need be. It should not be this difficult to nail it down.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Excellent points, all.

Dispassionate critical examination of the documents ( especially "the lack thereof" ) raise far too many questions.

Obama is the first President to hide his medical, educational and travel records. He has done so with the courts obstructing The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a federal freedom of information law that allows for the full or partial disclosure of previously unreleased information and documents controlled by the United States government.

Seems pretty clear to me that Obama’s records should have the light of day trained on them but the efforts to protect him by the courts and the press only adds to the suspicion of wrongdoing, it does not lessen it.

"THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO DON"T WANT TO DISCLOSE THE "TRUTH", ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE"
Barack H Obama

“No more ignoring the law when it’s inconvenient. That is not who we are . . . . We will again set an example for the world that the law is not subject to the whims of stubborn rulers.”
— candidate Barack Obama, August 1, 2007.

"I will also hold myself as president to a new standard of openness. Going forward, any time the American people want to know something that I want to withhold, we will have to consult with the Attorney General and the White House Counsel, whose business it is to ensure compliance with the rule of law. Information will not be withheld just because I say so."
--Barack Obama announcing his ethics rules on his first day in office.

Senator_Blutarsky's picture
Senator_Blutarsky

Rigel:

If you are not on the birther train (I've no reason to think you are), but you question his mysterious past, what exactly is the point. Is there some conspiracy to hide something in his past? If so, what?

I've found that most people on the birther train also claim Obama is a radical leftist. Both of these claims have little supporting evidence. Where is all the supporting evidence of his radical leftist ways. It makes sense for someone to smear the candidate for the opposing team and justify it with rationalizing whatever half-baked info they can get their hands on. I expect that of you Rigel and don't think any less of you, but for someone who feels jilted by Obama's lack of "hope and change" and not-so-leftist ways only to jump on that birther train is puzzling.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote Laborisgood:

Rigel:

If you are not on the birther train (I've no reason to think you are), but you question his mysterious past, what exactly is the point. Is there some conspiracy to hide something in his past? If so, what?

I've found that most people on the birther train also claim Obama is a radical leftist. Where is all the supporting evidence of his radical leftist ways. It makes sense for someone to smear the candidate for the opposing team and justify it with rationalizing whatever half-baked info they can get their hands on. I expect that of you Rigel and don't think any less of you, but for someone who feels jilted by Obama's lack of "hope and change" and not-so-leftist ways only to jump on that birther train is puzzling.

Labor, I'm generally a sceptic. I don't believe in many conspiracy theories. But I do find them interesting. I don't dislike the president, but I wish here would spend more time promoting ideas rather than trashing people. I don't like when he surrounds himself with supporters and laughs and smirks about "they" who ever they are.I don't think that is very presidential behaviour. That said, I don't want my president to be a schister. But I want him out. Through the ballot box.

If either party had a plan that would improve anything, the other party would fight it tooth and nail. They would rather us fail miserably than see the other guy get any credit. The lack of integrity in Washington is appalling.

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote Fletcher Christian: ...We know that his "step father" enrolled him into an Indonesian elementary school under the name of "Barry Soetoro" and also listed his religion as Islam. That's not Fletcher's opinions, those are agreed upon facts. I found that to be shocking.

The problem is that you are going to right wing sites that try and shock you. What is really shocking about his father doing that, if indeed he did that? The guy got Osama Bin Laden and many of his henchmen. He is withdrawing forces from the Middle East. Bush, on the other hand, strengthend Iran;'s influence in the Middle East by gettting rid of the secular Iraq. It is very likely that what Barack Obama's father did or didn't do is completely irrelevent.

Quote Fletcher Christian:...The Selective Service ID is highly suspect. When the "official" date stamp is 80' instead of 1980... I raised an eyebrow. When the 80' that's stamped on the paper matches exactly to the 2008 stamp, only the 08 of the 2008 is cut off and upside down to explain the 80 that is on the "official" document, I can't say that it's a legal document at all.

Now consider all the insane things the right wing sites did and said about forgeries. This is likely to be another.

Quote Fletcher Christian: ... he's exactly what they say he is... a fraud that is wrecking our constitution faster than any before him has ever done.

Faster? He's just continuing the trend. I think he slowed it down compared to Bush. I don't think he is compromising with the Republicans/conservative democrats because they 'have something' on him. He is compromising to get things done - like the stimulus, health care reform, unemployment extension bennefits.

I voted for this guy. I can't laugh off all of the suspect activity that surrounds this highly controversial president.

[/quote]

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ

Compared to what was "hidden" from any reporting, at least, on Dubya, all this "shocking past" that makes Obama "shady" is Jerry Springer time. I almost wish we did discover that Obama has been a creation of some "super-brain" Frankenstein just because it would give me hope that a creative genius could engineer a real Superman.

What I learn about the pasts of the GOPimps causes me much greater concern than the idea that Obama attended an Islamic school, had he, or that he was "chosen" to get past college admissions and so forth. Supposing he did have a Genetic Engineering Implant, I think the conclusion would be that they did an amazingly good job. Could we send the Pimparade in for some helpful change?

C'mon, this is pure crankery. Don't waste our time here with this unless you want us laughing at you.

DRC's picture
DRC
Quote DRC:

Supposing he did have a Genetic Engineering Implant, I think the conclusion would be that they did an amazingly good job.

This would be cool and I would want to know if I could get one too.

On topic, Fletcher has many good ideas if you read his other posts and I hate to see him losing credence because of something like this.

Dominic C

agreed. Sometimes, though, I wonder if he just baits his troll hooks better than the pure party liners.

DRC's picture
DRC

"Their Facts"........should speak for itself.

The gullible types who can be led to believe most anything are the problem(Obama haters/birthers).

As gump once said.....stupid is as stupid does.

It's obvious this country has more stupid uninformed people running around it than anyone realizes. Most are in the party of regressive GOPimpCons and some even find their way to this web site.

Stupid never takes a day off in the GOP. The ongoing circus with mitt the flipper proves that.

Sprinklerfitter's picture
Sprinklerfitter

My own personal opinion is that he lied about his nationality to get into college easier. Our system is so screwed up that it's sometimes easier for a foreign student to receive a higher education than it is for an American student to receive a higher education.

All one has to do is look at the RED/BLUE map of U.S. and an obvious pattern will emerge. The closer you get towards college towns, the "BLUER" it will become. If one buys into the left/right paradigm, then the higher the education... the more likely they will find themselves on the further "left" of the paradigm scale. One then can logically deduce, the "teachers" of the highest levels of education will be on the furthest "left" of the right/left paradigm scale. I don't think I have discovered a new "E = MC2" here. I think this is an accepted premise.

So to dumb it down, the "higher" your intellect, the more likely one will be on the LEFT of the right/left paradigm (in the U.S.). There are always exceptions to the rule. This is not an absolute "ism". But if you look at the voting records of the counties in the last presidential election, the closer one gets to a college town, the more likely they will vote for the "left".

I don't think anyone will call me names for this line of thought... yet.

I think that someone who has lied about his nationality to get into college and then has had known associations with the extremists (and subsequently accepted monies from them) especially at a younger age... is highly compromised as a politician later in life. The same critical thought that goes into the Ron Paul campaign accepting of money from an extreme source should be given to any other politician. That includes our president.

I do not think that Obama is a "lefty". There is NOTHING to make me think that. He reminds me of Ronald Reagan more than he does JFK. I do not believe in the left/right paradigm... at all! It is an illusion of choice. I am in line with that of the occupy wall street movement. The stink of corruption has taken over our system of government. I think that this corruption has reached every level of government. It certainly has swallowed the presidency whole. It has for quite some time now.

This president clearly talks out the side of his neck. He has broken virtually EVERY campaign promise that he has made. The things that he has slipped by the American public through a corrupt media, is horrific. Most people do not know that through an executive order... anyone can be killed, kidnapped, all property seized, forced into labor, without any due process of law... whatsoever! The only reason YOU and I know about these policy changes are because we have access to the internet and we don't watch TMZ on it... we use it to learn.

So what does our president do... he openly tries to censure the internet to prevent us from learning anymore. That should frighten you to your core.

Without the rule of law... there is no infrastructure left for humanity to thrive. Humans can exist without law, but would you really call that living?

"WHY?" That's the real question. Why would anyone do this? Either he is an elitist that hates the average man. Either he is a relatively good guy that CAN'T do anything because of fear or blackmail. Either he is a sociopathic con man the likes of Andrew Cunanan. I think he is a "Zelig", a social chameleon that will say anything to anybody to achieve what he wants... others be Damned! If he wants money/power from Communists, he will pretend to be a communist. If he wants money/power from Christians, he will pretend to be a Christian. If he wants the Black vote for money/power, then he will cater speeches to con them. If he wants the intellectual white vote for money/power, then he will cater speeches to con them. If he wants money/power from Democrats, he will pretend to be a Democrat. If he wants money/power from Progressives, he will pretend to be a progressive. If he wants a "free pass" from Republicans, he will cave in and rub their fat bellies and line their fat pockets. There is nothing this man won't do in order to have money/power. Whatever the reason YOU can come up with for the direct, 180 degree shifts in policies, whatever the reason you come up with... it's not good.

Without a moral backbone, no one person can be all things to all people. So when someone tries to do so, it should set off an internal alarm that this person is not to be trusted.

The single person that our president reminds me of the most is the outed reporter, Stephen Glass. This guy (Glass) appears to be a habitual liar. I have a habitual liar in my family. I don't think habitual liars can ever be rehabilitated. They just con the rehabilitation process, itself. When his lies started to unravel... imagine if he had the powers of the president and a corrupt media to back and distort his lies? He, even without great power, had faithful supporters. Right up to the bitter end, he had his supporters that as articles of faith, refused to see him for what he really is. A dangerous, sociopathic, habitual liar.

All of these past lies have caught up to our President. He then lashes out and reacts in desperation. That desperation is in the form of denying the rule of law, itself. It does not exist in his world. He is very much like Nixon in this way. It's not illegal... if the President does it. It is illegal for anyone else. It falls under "national security" if the president is forced to tell the truth and act in accordance to law. So therefore, the rule of law does not apply to him. He alone, IS national security. That is very dangerous. If you think it's dangerous for a paranoid Nixon to feel this way, then it's as equally as dangerous for a sociopathic, habitual liar to feel this way.

I am not a follower of the Stephen Glass archetype. Neither should you. If you are a follower of the Stephen Glass archetype, then you have to ask yourself, "why". To me, followers of the Stephen Glass archetype do so to socially "fit in". It's the same reason people are voting for Mitt Romney. No one likes what Mitt Romney stands for... because he doesn't "stand" for anything. When confronted with this reality, the people that vote for him say that they do it because he is the most "electable". What does that mean? They want to vote for someone who will be on the winning team in order to socially "fit in" and feel superior to others to feed their fragile egos.

This is the same mindset that allows for bad people to do bad things and to get away with it. There are enough bad guys in history that millions of people have blindly followed. You can come up with your own archetype of evil that has existed.

There are lists of "Executive Orders" that have been issued over the last 3+ years. Read those lists. Ask yourself after reading those lists, is this someone that you want to lead the most powerful nation that has ever existed?

The advent of Nuclear weapons is a game changer for the existence of the human race. The destruction of the U.S. constitution is a game changer for the American citizen.

If the President did not lie and associate with extremist during his college years, then why are they sealed? Why would ANYONE not want to know about the history of President of the United States?

Why would ANYONE get mad at the act of questioning... anything. If someone wants to question my religious faith, you are more than welcome to do so. I am not going to lose my religion over a question... and if I do, then maybe I should lose my religion because it wasn't on a firm foundation to begin with.

What did Shakespeare write when Hamlet questioned the official statement concerning his Father's death... "The lady doth protest too much., methinks." If the O.W.S. movement didn't strike a nerve with the power elite, then why did they lash out in the way that they did?

Indeed.

For the people that have become enraged with furious anger because of questions and observations, "Thou dost protest too much, methinks."

Fletcher Christian

It's water under the bridge at this point. Let's argue about something that matters right now and in the future.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Fletcher C - good points all. It always amazed me the the Obama lemmings chose to ATTACK & RIDICULE anyone who questioned the vast array of missing, incomplete, sealed documents of the most secretive public person on the planet.

As any decent detective would say " what has he got to hide ? " - it only fuels the distrust, which has been an underlying troubling current since he took office. The lemmings inject race as an issue, when it is nothing of the sort. The issue is veracity and credibility.

I think the tactic of the controlled major media is summed up here-

“Crime, once exposed, has no refuge but in audacity.”
Tacitus, Annals

They , like attack dogs on order, resort to ridicule and defamation of the accusers, rather than turn the spotlight on the accused.

I take some pride personally, in the fact that I have never voted for the Republican nominee in a presidential election. And the same for the Democratic nominee. All the way back to the 70s.

Since the coup in Dallas, it has been a WWF 'rasslin' match and I refuse to endorse the lesser of evils. Like you, I refuse to buy the false left-right paradigm which is nothing but a distraction from the real issues.

Senator_Blutarsky's picture
Senator_Blutarsky

I was raised to be skeptical of our government. But somewhere around 1980 my parents slipped into the Republican vortex and I too went along for the ride. It wasn't until Dole/Clinton that I started noticing that things weren't cool.

I then started becoming "awake" when I got a computer. There's too much truth out there for one not to find some if you want to look for it. All of my skepticism started coming true with the W. presidency.

Now I can see things happening WHILE they're actually happening. There are tons of people out there doing this was well.

That's why there's a call for shutting down the internet. At least the way it is now.

Why would one want to shut down the internet? The answers are obvious.

Fletcher Christian

Very nice informative if not a little long post there Fletcher.

Like I said you have too many good ideas to be getting yourself derailed by issues that really are not that important.

This is the type of post I was looking for from somebody as articulate as you. Like you say we have to look way past the spoon fed left/right paradigms and peel away the layers no matter how much this truth can hurt.

Until we can become honest of the REAL political situation of our nation and peel away the facade of democracy for all to see, we will be forever mired in the toxic waste (hehe borrowed this) swamp we find ourselves in.

Dominic C
Quote Fletcher Christian:

Why would one want to shut down the internet? The answers are obvious.

Yes and it is truly frightening. This is the continuation of the erosion of our ever shrinking civil liberties and it scares me literally.

Dominic C

If someone calls you a satanic, racist, child killer... I am guessing that you would retort.

I did.

It was as long as I thought it should be.

Fletcher Christian

So, how are these birthers addressing the official birth certificate, and the local newspapers running birth announcements? Or the fact that his mother was an American, which would make him an American wherever he was born?
As for associating with radicals, every conservative American since 1945 worked with Nazis like Klaus Barbie, and his associates. Look at Reagan's work in Central America and Nicaragua to see what he did with his associates. How many humans disappeared in El Salvador, vs the number of people who had to suffer through a coffee klatch fundraiser with Bill Ayers and Obama.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

Fletch:

What exactly is your point about the birth certificate again? It's a muddled message at best. How does it relate to this "highly controversial president" who is "wrecking our Constitution". You don't sound too commited to your own conspiracy theory. You state that even if Obama is an American born in Hawaii, there's some other shady goings on with that birth certificate that can explain his "radical" ways. Of course his "radical" ways are obviously not leftist radicalism, just good old fashioned centrist politics if you care to actually look at the facts.

Perhaps the conspiracy is to cover up how normally centrist he really is. That would make the coffee klatch with Bill Ayers and the joining of Jeremiah Wright's church part of the plan to deceive the fools on the Left into believing Mr. Hope & Change is gonna fight against "The Man" while he's selling us down the river. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Either join the birther crazy train 100% or play the jilted Lefty card. Triangulating in between is not a justifiable position.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

Agreed, incoherence with occasional pieces of intelligence surrounded by raving. I think Fletch picked up some strange condition down there in the South Seas.

DRC's picture
DRC

I am NOT a "birther".

I do have QUESTIONS!

That's it. They are questions. I looked into the argument to see where people were coming from on the "birther" front so that I could at least counter the argument whenever I heard it. That's why I started the thread the way that I did. Scroll up and read it... I'm not putting a "birther" theory out there.

The bible says to study to show thyself approved.

I looked into it, and I was surprised at what I found out. It's not as "crazy" as I thought it was. I saw a photo of a 9 year old Barry Soetoro and the school that he went to in Indonesia has his religion listed as Islam. It's their document. It's not somebody's made up document. It's from the school. I was a taken aback by this.

I firmly believe that his 1980 Selective Service document is a forgery. That is some very strong evidence. Again, an "official" document. Not something that "someone' photo shopped. It's an official document that has been obviously faked.

His college years are being withheld from the public even though the public has the "Freedom Of Information Act". Why is our president not complying with the Freedom of Information Act? I think it's because there's something in there that he doesn't want us to know. His medical records are also being withheld.

The self described, "most transparent president of all time" is not coming clean with his own records.

That should make a free thinking mind... well... THINK!

I am not a "birther".

I want to know what is being hidden. Are you guys going to tell me that his life is an open book? Are you going to fill me in on what he did in order to get into college? Are you guys going to disclose his medical records? Are you guys going to tell me what the president is hiding?

They are questions that naturally pop up when the official story doesn't add up.

I was shocked to find out that parts of the official story don't add up. Maybe I shouldn't be shocked by anything by now... Maybe it shouldn't come as a shock that my dishonest president is really dishonest.

It's taken me 10 years to finally admit that WTC building 7 was brought down by Americans, not by terrorists. I, as an article of faith... didn't WANT to believe it.

Can ANYONE explain to me why WTC building 7 fell down the way it did. Why did multiple reports say that the building had already fell when it was clearly still standing?

Can ANYONE explain why Barack Obama's 1980 Selective Service document look different than the other 1980 Selective Service documents.

I would LOVE to be wrong on this. So that's it... there's your homework boys! Go look at the 1980 S.S. document and tell me that there's nothing shady going on. Why does the "80" on the paper match 2008's S.S. documents... but the official 1980 documents do not match the Obama "80" document? All you have to do is take the "08" in 2008 and flip it upside down to read "80" and bickety-bam! It matches.

I guess 1980 stampers are hard to find in 2012!

I don't have the answers... NO ONE DOES! That's the point! We should have the answers. The fact that we don't have the answers makes one ask more questions.

You guys who hate me don't ask the questions in the first place. That's because you don't want to know the answers. I don't believe a lot of people here are seekers of truth. I believe a lot of people here are seekers of what they want to hear.

I was asked about Obama's birth certificate at work by someone, and I couldn't give them an answer. I figured that I could go online and get the answers rather quickly. To my utter surprise, I could not.

I openly put it out here on this forum because I thought, (MISTAKENLY) that someone smarter than me could tell me what I missed and easily explain away the missing details or explain the junk science that was being used to debunk the White Houses official statements.

Then I learn that the freedom of information act requests are being denied? WHY?

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around this, because I thought it was based on racism. It is not based on racism. Racist people do use this issue to reinforce their already held racial belief system. That does not however, answer their questions. There are legitimate questions that SHOULD be asked and they are being asked... but NO answers are forthcoming. I wish they were.

"SHUT UP RACIST!" Is not an acceptable answer. Sound logic and reason is an acceptable answer. You can go look for them... you will not find them. The answers my friend is not blowing in the wind, it'll be through the freedom of information act or an open trial.

If the people that are officially investigating this start dropping dead, will you still be able to laugh it off? (Have they already started dropping dead?)

That 1980 selective service document does not pass the sniff test.

Fletcher Christian

Do you know every detail of the early lives of W, Bubba, HW, Reagan, etc? If you had the time and inclination, I'm sure you could start piecing together a nice conspiracy on those guys.

Let's leave the WTC out of this. One conspiracy at a time chief.

I seemed to have missed the posts that state, "shut up racist" and "I hate you". Perhaps you should spend more time on the details of this conspiracy and less time worrying about how others perceive you. Delusions, paranoia and conspiracies feed off each other.

Seek the truth my friend. You are not alone in that endeavor. There are many wise people at this site who know truths you have yet to even seek. I'm not one of them. However, there is one truth I'm certain of ..... if the smoke you see billowing out of Obama's past had any substantial fire to exploit, it would have been exploited long ago. If not by the establishment GOP, then it would have been the Clinton's or the well funded right-wing extremist groups.

What exactly is the point you are making about a 9 year old boy whose mother and step father moved to the step father's country and listed the 9 year old boys religion as Islam on a document to get into an Islamic school? What if they listed no religion on the document, would you be using that against Obama as proof that he is not Christian? Obama was 9 years old and likely had nothing to do with filling out the info on the document. Aside from that, there shall be no religious test required for public office. What the hell is your point? Concern with Obama's actions as president is wise, concern with information on a document when Obama was 9 years old is beyond foolish.

You'd be much better of spending your time convincing people of the merits of voting Green Party, establishing a third party or instant runoff voting instead of wasting your time obsessing over Obama's past. He's the president and will continue to be until 2016. Start working on a solid candidate for 2016. I believe our political pendulum will continue to swing back to the left and we might be able to get a real Lefty by then and in the mean time even push Obama further in that direction.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

I made the "shut up racist" statement, on another thread I think, because denying Obama's Amercan citizenship is based on his skin color, his father, & his step father having scary names, having lived abroad, a school registration, and now a selctive service form.

skin color, - the man is black, get over it.

his father, & his step father having scary names, - so what, if he were lilly white would the names then be ok, are we to gain some "scary synergy" from the names and black skin? r

having lived abroad - My dad was in the military, and then a union electrician, and he travelled all over the globe, and us and our family followed. All our friends were also globe trotters. Living near power plants and pipelines and mines from Alaska to Saudi Arabia, Colorado to Argentina. Does that make every Army brat disqualified for elective office, or only the ones with black skin? Oh wait, Sen. McCain's father was in the Navy, McCain was born in Panama, and no one has ever argued that it should disqualify him. Gov. Mittens Rmoney's grandfather fled to Mexico to be a member of a polygamist cult, and no one has ever tried to claim that George or Mittens were un American. What are the differences between all 3 of the white Republicans and the black Democrat?

a school registration, and now a selctive service form. - OK, so after 40 years of hearing conservatives deride bureaucrats, now we are to accept that some clerk at an Indonesian school for foreigners is now the final word on the validity of Obama to hold public office? Or that some form for selective service should decide what office Obama can hold, because some fedrule bureaucrat did or didn't use an approved stamp. But since the selective service is an issue again, I guess this is an argument to bring back the draft? OK, I'm in.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

As for your round stamp and the date being impossible to have been used...

http://wiki.birtherdebunkers.net/index.php?title=President_Obama%27s_Selective_Service_Registration#The_Dates

Apparently, the old round style USPO stamps were replaced in 1970, unless the old stamp was still operational. So they saved money and kept using the old stamp. Many examples have been found of this procedure by the Post Office. Or in other words, government efficiency, and cost saving measures on display.

And for someone who had so many "questions" about the issue, did your skepticism ever rise to the level of googling obama selective service forgery debunk? I did and found the answer in 12 seconds.

The fact is you aren't BIrther curious. You are trolling. And you want to come off as serious and reasonable when in fact you are bearing false witness. So what happens to those who bear false witness?

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

I don't understand why Obama defenders can confront (to use a favorite Thom Hartmann word) the so-called "birthers" on the merits of their argument. Using terms like "crazy talk", "racist", etc. only divert attention from the real issue. I remember Jesse Ventura remarking that a citizen can even question the official Sept. 11th attacks without be personal attacked and having one's motivations, and even patriotism, called into question.

To me, the issue is very simple. Is he a citizen? If so, is he a natural born citizen? What does it mean to be a natural born citizen? The motivations of many right-wingers is irrelevant. Even if their motives are completely political and partisan, so what? Facts are facts. For the record, I don't think McCain was eligible because he was born on Panamanian soil. Does this mean I am an anti-White, anti-Irish, anti-Naval aviator bigot?

TheFirstLeftist's picture
TheFirstLeftist
Quote TheFirstLeftist:

Facts are facts. For the record, I don't think McCain was eligible because he was born on Panamanian soil. Does this mean I am an anti-White, anti-Irish, anti-Naval aviator bigot?

No, that would just mean you are an idiot.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

Currently Chatting

The GOP war on workers has killed again...

It’s time to stop the conservative's war on working people in America.

Since the birth of our nation, conservatives have always been wary of average working-class Americans having too much political or economic power. John Adams, the second President of the United States and a Federalist (precursor to today’s Republicans), was very wary of the working class, which he referred to as “the rabble.”