Blame Game

21 posts / 0 new

A far too commom thing among many people to do is to blam others for the their lives. I have read posts that blame racism for poverty in minority communities, but more white people are poor. We have a black President and blacks and others in powerful possitions in our goverment and in those "evil" corporations. "White Privilege" is the reason for white peoples success, again more poor whites. The rich take from the poor, destroy the middle class and other such not my fault blame others. Where does personal responsibility and work come in to play? For those who promote and believe in all of this oppression, what gets you up in the morming and motivates you to do anything?

Marlin60

Comments

We do the best we can. We all have to duck when the Shit hits the fan.

A corporation is a strange beast. The problem with the corporate assimilation in every facet of our lives, is that it DEMANDS an unreachable goal of profit. That unreachable goal of profit chasing has some dire consequences. If there is a "patent" on a drug that can SAVE YOUR LIFE... that's too bad. Profit first... CEO 2nd, board members 3rd, regular rich folks 4th, then "maybe" the common man 5th, then the sick and the poor... if there's any left.

If it means paying a "FINE" for killing people, or making more money... there is no choice for the corporation to make. It is designed to opt for killing people.

We have a fascist nation. We are living under a corporate structured government. Do you like FASCISM? I do not like fascism. Since I do not like fascism... I do think that corporations are evil.

How can a governor take a road, that was paid for by the workers dollars... and then SELL that road to a foreign corporation? What "RIGHT" does our politicians have to take away "THE COMMONS" and splinter them off, then sell them to the highest bidder? Then "WE" have to follow the "LAW" of these foreign corporations now that they own what was once, ours! Where is the logic? How is this possible? Whether it's your local toll road or your cities parking meters. In my neck of the woods, they are owned by Australian/Spanish corporations.

NAFTA... need I say more?

Many white people are indeed becoming poorer by the day. How do you like it? It's been that way for other folks in this nation since it's inception. It's not OK for ANYONE to be oppressed.

I think that we underestimate CRIME in the equation of making a community poor. No one wants to do business in a community where they don't feel safe. I think that we should do some MAJOR soul searching to what we currently think is a "crime." They main one that comes to mind, is drugs.

It has been proven time and time again that our nation, oversees the drug making, and delivery into our poorest communities.

What gives me a little hope is that since white people are now joining the "cake eaters" of society... we are almost at the tipping point of "critical mass." The shit is about to hit the fan. That would explain the ratcheting up of all of the racial crap that's been going on recently.

This is "blow back" from not having a middle class. The bigger the middle class, the better the nation is.

To me... you sound a lot like I "used" to. I believe that you are on the verge of waking up. I highly recommend the documentaries: "The Corporation", "Diary of an Economic Hitman", "Plunder".

Also, I'm going to guess that you like loud music. Here's a "classic" that will also get the gears in your head churning. Full Metal Jackoff - Jello Biafra and D.O.A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1oyTbVVJMO

Remember... I'm not asking you to "change sides", OK? All I want for you is for YOUR ideas to be YOUR OWN! Think for yourself.

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian

I agree Marlin. It's really disheartening to hear from the people who are successful because of the combined hard work of themselves and all the other "little" people who surround them. They blame all of the poor people for all the problems in this country. The poor are stealing their wealth. The poor are to blame for all the crime. The poor are disgusting to look at. The poor immigrants are stealing all the good jobs. The poor are stealing votes in order to get more food stamps. The poor are bringing down this country. Yes the blame game is truly misinformed sickness.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Quote Marlin60:

more white people are poor.

define "more" and define "poor"

chilidog
Yes the blame game is truly misinformed sickness.
I don't agree. Everything that happens is an organized society is somebody's fault, so the blame game isn't a game at all. Put the responsibility where it belongs.

Art's picture
Art
Quote Art:
Yes the blame game is truly misinformed sickness.
I don't agree. Everything that happens is an organized society is somebody's fault, so the blame game isn't a game at all. Put the responsibility where it belongs.

I agree put it where it belongs 99 percent of the time you only have your self to blame.

workingman's picture
workingman

He really is Herman Cain!

DRC's picture
DRC
I agree put it where it belongs 99 percent of the time you only have your self to blame.
How many crimes do we have commited each year? Murders, robberies, felonies of all kind. I guess "99 percent of the time you only have your self to blame". What do we need a criminal justice system for?

Art's picture
Art
Quote chilidog:
Quote Marlin60:

more white people are poor.

define "more" and define "poor"

Watch out- this task may make his head explode or melt down like a reactor core.

Dominic C

Marlin60,

You have a point... Trying find someone to blame is a huge expenditure of time, time that can be spent solving a problem, even if in a moral sense there is someone to blame.

Many, many years ago, I used to shop at Wal-Mart. Everytime I went I grumbled about how the prices were low because of sweatshop labor. I realized that I was part to blame because I shopped there. So I recognized that I had some of my own fingers pointing back at me, so I stopped shopping there altogether...

micahjr34
Quote Art:
How many crimes do we have commited each year? Murders, robberies, felonies of all kind. I guess "99 percent of the time you only have your self to blame". What do we need a criminal justice system for?

That is the one percent where you are not to blame. When some one commites a crime against you. That is where the government has to protect everyone equally.

workingman's picture
workingman
Quote workingman:
Quote Art:

That is the one percent where you are not to blame. When some one commites a crime against you. That is where the government has to protect everyone equally.

You mean like how all those banksters that raped our nation dry were brought to justice?

Dominic C

I think this thread helps support this study nicely:

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1968042,00.html

Actually, many threads here help support this study...

Dominic C
Quote Dominic C:
Quote workingman:
Quote Art:

You mean like how all those banksters that raped our nation dry were brought to justice?

did the banks force people to take loans they could not afford? the government made it worse by bailing them out when the banks failed. If they did break the law they should be brought to justice.

workingman's picture
workingman
Quote workingman:
Quote Dominic C:
Quote workingman:
Quote Art:

did the banks force people to take loans they could not afford? the government made it worse by bailing them out when the banks failed. If they did break the law they should be brought to justice.

But they won't be brought to justice because they've bought the justice system. That's the real beauty of unregulated capitalism.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
All these "should" dicta are great for people who believe that they are the final arbiter of what is right an d what is wrong. Very prevalent among the right-wing. Most of us don't care what they think somebody should or shouldn't have done. Personally, I am interested in what people actually do under what circumstances. As to the banks, they operated in a Madison Avenue world, and that is a world that can be counted on every time. You can shake your finger and "tsk, tsk" all you want, but it isn't going to change how people behave, given this stimulus or that. Besides, it only makes you look like an ass.

Art's picture
Art
Quote Bush_Wacker:
Quote workingman:
Quote Dominic C:
Quote workingman:
Quote Art:

But they won't be brought to justice because they've bought the justice system. That's the real beauty of unregulated capitalism.

The law enforcement arm of government needs to investigate to see if their were possible crimes committed if the law was broken then they will be brought to justice. the FBI is already doing this several bankers, loan agents, and business owners that used fraudulent practices to obtain loans for clients they did not qualify to for under the current set of rules.

workingman's picture
workingman
Quote Art:
All these "should" dicta are great for people who believe that they are the final arbiter of what is right an d what is wrong. Very prevalent among the right-wing. Most of us don't care what they think somebody should or shouldn't have done. Personally, I am interested in what people actually do under what circumstances. As to the banks, they operated in a Madison Avenue world, and that is a world that can be counted on every time. You can shake your finger and "tsk, tsk" all you want, but it isn't going to change how people behave, given this stimulus or that. Besides, it only makes you look like an ass.

I do not think I am the final arbiter of what is right or wrong, I do know that the FBI is going after bankers that broke the law, if the banker is still doing his job he probably did nothing wrong.

as far as the tsk tsk tsk crap I am not doing that I am just saying that if some one broke the law. The government is obligated to take them to trail. if they did not break the law leave them the hell alone.

workingman's picture
workingman
I do know that the FBI is going after bankers that broke the law,.
No, you don't. What makes you think that?
That is the one percent where you are not to blame. When some one commites a crime against you . . . if the banker is still doing his job he probably did nothing wrong . . . .
So, now we know that, so long as there is no law against it, and so long as somebody can be said to be doing his "job", then he cannot be blamed for anything he does. Very interesting ethics.

Art's picture
Art
Quote Art:
I do know that the FBI is going after bankers that broke the law,.
No, you don't. What makes you think that?
That is the one percent where you are not to blame. When some one commites a crime against you . . . if the banker is still doing his job he probably did nothing wrong . . . .
So, now we know that, so long as there is no law against it, and so long as somebody can be said to be doing his "job", then he cannot be blamed for anything he does. Very interesting ethics.

look up the FBI operation stolen dreams, it is an operation were the FBI is going after the people that used fraud and predatory practices in the housing markets.

that is not what I said there are things that are not ethical to do, however, who’s ethics do we use. The bible thumpers ethics are a whole lot different then the crack addicted prostitutes ethics. The ethics problem is why there are laws, these laws keep unethical people from hurting others, unless of course you are a member of congress.

workingman's picture
workingman
look up the FBI operation stolen dreams, it is an operation were the FBI is going after the people that used fraud and predatory practices in the housing markets.
I did not know about operation Stolen Dreams. Some good news after all.
that is not what I said there are things that are not ethical to do, however, who’s ethics do we use.
That's always the dilemma, isn't it? Do we base our laws on right-wing rights-and-wrongs, or do we base our laws on left-wing rights-and-wrongs? That's why elections have consequences. That's how public policy is made. Right-wing public policy of the 80s, 90s and the 2000s left a lot of hurt people and a few very wealthy individuals. It wasn't like that under previous left-wing public policy.

Art's picture
Art

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.