Colo. County Solves Rising Safety Net Costs

6 posts / 0 new

Bus service within 5 miles of the only Human Services Offices in the large county is simply being stopped. Applications for food assistance should drop dramatically.

Bus stop signs can be replaced by new signs just stating,, "Let them eat cake"..

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

Comments

I think they changed that slogan in "cattle country" to "let them eat pie."

DRC's picture
DRC

Oooooh, yuck. This time a year it's more like soup. Could call it soup kitchen time.

.ren's picture
.ren

I guess that one way to shut down spending on "safety nets" is to make it difficult to get into, in this case by making transportation difficult. As the saying goes,"There is more than one way to skin a cat!"

micahjr34

Tonight on the Thom Hartmann funny bone theatre... FLETCHER CHRISTIAN!

"Wow... what's with all of the starving people? I mean, what's all that about? I could save the starving people in Africa overnight! Instead of sending them FOOD... let's send them "U-HAUL'S! I mean... look around, folks... there's no food! MOVE! waka-waka-waka!

And what's with those "round" bellies? I know my belly only looks like that after I spend an hour or two at CiCi's pizza! waka-waka-waka!"

... And Now For Something Completely Different...

Man! Who knew that starving to death could be so funny?!?

Thanks guys.

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian

Big Ag will find a way to distribute those food stamps.

chilidog

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.