Crime

16 posts / 0 new

According to a report by the Bureau of Justice Statistics 93% of black murder victims are killed by other blacks. Where is the protest of this epidemic?

Marlin60

Comments

Of that 93%, how many are not treated as criminal acts? The energy and anger you see involves the Sanford Police Dept treating the killing of a "fucking coon" as not a crime. I mean, frankly I am shocked that the cops didn't stop on the way in for Zimmerman to get a latte.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

Murder is a criminal act, your post makes no sense!

Marlin60

Apparently not the murder of Trayvon Martin. Not to the local police, and prosecutor.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

According to that article, 85% of white victims were murdered by whites. Where's the protest of this epidemic?

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Marlin, do you really post this crap naively? Do you have any idea how much Black community energy goes into dealing with gang violence and the black on black crimes? Is the fact that "benign neglect" and gangs are connected on your radar? Is the point to make sure that more Black kids have prison on their resume? But, what does any of this have to do with the fact that it has taken a large protest to get the cops and courts to take this crime seriously?

Known Black shooters get busted and jailed. White "community vigilante," it takes a village to get a trial. There is a difference in the way power treated the crime. What is your problem?

DRC's picture
DRC
According to a report by the Bureau of Justice Statistics 93% of black murder victims are killed by other blacks. Where is the protest of this epidemic?
I'm not sure what kind of point we are making here. It makes sense to me that, if I were to murder somebody, it would most likely be somebody who inhabited the same community as me. Lived and worked in the same neighborhood as me.

Why don't you write some kind of a little essay about this and tell us why you think this is important.

Art's picture
Art

The shooter in FL is Hispanic.

Marlin60
The shooter in FL is Hispanic.
OK. Thank you for your input.

Art's picture
Art

Point is simple, shooting in FL used to promote a political agenda and get the race players like the New Black Panthers and Sharpton (who has made false claims in the past) some attention. One shooting that was not a White on Black targeted attack turned into sign of the racism of White people. Chicago's murder rate is exploding with out these Civil Rights players saying anthing. The New Black Panthers are openly hostile and call for the killing of White people, but somehow that is not seen as a problem. The promoting of false racism is an industry for some groups who have an interest in finding it where it does not exist. Open you eyes and see that sometimes one event is used to distract from bigger ones.

Marlin60
Point is simple, shooting in FL used to promote a political agenda and get the race players like the New Black Panthers and Sharpton (who has made false claims in the past) some attention. One shooting that was not a White on Black targeted attack turned into sign of the racism of White people. Chicago's murder rate is exploding with out these Civil Rights players saying anthing. The New Black Panthers are openly hostile and call for the killing of White people, but somehow that is not seen as a problem. The promoting of false racism is an industry for some groups who have an interest in finding it where it does not exist. Open you eyes and see that sometimes one event is used to distract from bigger ones.
Ah, that's a little better. Now I get a better picture of where you're coming from.

Art's picture
Art

Ok, now comes the ignorance and anger. There is lots of upset and work around gang violence in the cities Sharpton and Jackson live in, and they work on it too. It is a false canard to blame something GOPimp 'benign neglect' and the Drug War has made worse as if Black leaders and communities were oblivious to it or responsible for it. It might have to do with the wealth/poverty gap too.

If Trayvon's murder had been an isolated and exceptional incident rather than part of the reason Black parents have to give special warnings to their Black sons, and daughters, about how not to get shot by cops or vigilantes afraid of "Black," there would have been no community outrage or call for prosecution beyond the scope of the incident. If the cops really gave first-class attention to Black victims, and if the assailant had been in jail waiting a trial, Sharpton and Jackson would not have been invited to come down and give their celebrity to raising the protest.

When you guys call them names and insult them, you just prove how serious the White racism issues are and how far we have to go.

I mean, the New Black Panthers. Really! Do they have a new album coming out? I have not seen them on tv yet. Isn't it amazing how they have been able to become a "threat" by acting out a 60's retro image? You know, if you guys keep this up somebody will have to form a real New Black Panther Party just to use the free publicity. Egads!

DRC's picture
DRC

NBP is a real group, turn off Free Speech TV and RT and turn on another CNN, MSNBC or God forbid FOX.

Marlin60
Quote Marlin60:

Chicago's murder rate is exploding with out these Civil Rights players saying anthing ...... Open you eyes and see that sometimes one event is used to distract from bigger ones.

Here's a local pastor who spent 94 days on a winter roof in Chicago before the Florida story became headline news. Maybe the Zimmerman hoopla is meant to distract us from things like this:

http://www.examiner.com/women-s-spirituality-in-chicago/pastor-brooks-mo...

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote Marlin60:

Typically its one thug shooting another. The victim is probably a crook too. It doesn't affect most people out in the burbs. Blacks in the burbs don't shoot each other. They are isolated from the barbarians as well.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

If the "barbarians" had been able to be well educated and to grow up in a less barbarous, drug-invested slum, they would be the first generation that went to college, rather than have to join a gun-packing gang to survive.

Making that change for the better would be the job of the US government to take care of....

Karolina's picture
Karolina

Currently Chatting

Can Democrats Set Out a New Path?

Democrats must embrace a pro-government platform, not run away from it.

Those were the sentiments of Senator Chuck Schumer today, in a speech given at the National Press Club. Talking about the reasons for Democrats’ losses on Election Day, Schumer said that those losses were proof that the American people and middle-class want a government that will work more effectively for them.