Democracy

3 posts / 0 new

I am Hawk50, that was my call name durring the war. I will call you Mr. Hartmann, if you don't mind, because we have never met. I have listened to The Big Picture for quite a while. This is what I have to say. I am a Marine from the 60's and I feel that it is time to remind my brother's and sister's, both retired and active, that we took an oath to defend our country and Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. Well the time has come! While we have been busy trying to defend other peoples Democracy, we have forgotten about our own. We have become a population of complacent people. I call upon you now to step up and remember your oath. The time is here, right now! It's time we defend our Rights on the Domestic battlefield. Our Government has brought us to this time. It is a time of Revolution. Raise your voices HIGH and LOUD! I ask you to take what ever steps you personally find approriate, Whether you find it to be, word's or action's. Defend yourselves America before we lose it all. Thank you Mr. Hartmann for allowing me to say my piece...." SEMPER FI "

ronni50's picture
ronni50

Comments

Get busy with OWS. Move the public discourse to democracy and let the economy go if the alternative is to be hostage to Wall St. and CU elections. If Wall St. fails, we can recreate a financial system if we have a society; and we can have a democracy if it is not bought and sold. Focus people, this is a non-violent citizen uprising of mass proportions. Occupy America! Occupy Democracy! Defend the spirit of the Constitution and the Original Intent that we have a "republic, if we can keep it."

DRC's picture
DRC

Shop local, eat organic, Monsanto and Exxon hate that.

Choco's picture
Choco

Currently Chatting

Who Should an Economy Serve?

The top one percent own half of all the world's assets. In stark contrast, the bottom fifty percent of the world owns less than one percent. According to the 2014 Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse, global inequality has surged since the 2008 financial collapse. The report explains that while global wealth has more than doubled since the year 2000, the vast majority of overall growth has gone to those who were already wealthy.