The federal war on marijuana continues

23 posts / 0 new
The federal war on marijuana continues

On Monday – agents with the DEA and IRS raided Oaksterdam University – a school in California that teaches students how to grow marijuana and offers classes on the legal issues of marijuana cultivation. Despite operating well-within the legal boundaries of California state law which allows for the growing of marijuana for medical purposes – the school was vulnerable to a federal raid since any sort of marijuana cultivation or use is still against federal law.

When President Obama first came into office – he announced that his administration would no longer infringe on state laws that had legalized medicinal marijuana. Unfortunately – this raid against Oaksterdam University is just the latest federal crackdown on legal marijuana dispensaries in California and other states by federal agents. The President needs to ditch Richard Nixon’s failed drug war and adopt some common sense drug laws that don’t turn sick people into criminals for taking their medication.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

I have already called the White House and gave the operator a earfull and left a message on the comments line at the DOJ.

I urge others to act as well.

Dominic C

You think there might be Money in the War on Drugs?

DRC's picture
DRC
Quote DRC:

You think there might be Money in the War on Drugs?

No waaaaay!!!

Btw, I'm heading to Brooklyn to buy some bridge!

Dominic C

The original Tea Party were smugglers also, criminals all. They resented being searched and having their assetts seized.

Time to dump hemp in the Harbor!

anonymous green
Quote anonymous green:

The original Tea Party were smugglers also, criminals all. They resented being searched and having their assetts seized.

Time to dump hemp in the Harbor!

What they really resented was that they had to buy tea ONLY from the British East India Company monopoly who were receiving enormous subsidies (corporate welfare) from the British government.

I actually think that dumping gasoline in front of oil companies and lighting it on fire would be more apt in this day and age as the oil industry as a whole is even bigger corporate welfare whore than the BEIC and are in essence a monopoly that is protected and fed by the government in the same manner.

Dumping hemp or marijuana in ANY harbor would just be a waste of something good and there is definitely NO monolpoly interests controlling its production or distribution.

Dominic C

Imho, Obombo is doing what the "law/lie" permits... It's Commerce to sell it or even pass a joint. That's why they bring the IRS. 99 plants is the rule of thumb since half will be uprooted to prevent pollination and less potency. NO Selling or even passing a joint technically as it wuld be deemed commerce or an exchange that would have an effect on other states prices. Alaska has a const. amend for personal use also. But thanks for the post.

Cannabis is legal for some Individuals

Note. Compassionate Use Act not the MMJ Act
It's the Compassionate Use Act, with California Constitutional priority over any politician. Not the MMJ act like the other states have. This was approved by the citizens majority and it states for any reason by anyone with or without ID cards or doctors written prescriptions. State wide is the law under the 10th Amendment. If they authorize lies by politicians as the base of the law. I believe that is UnConstitutional in itself. Leary overturned the Marihuana Tax Act on 5th Amendment infringement. Nixon rejected his own Commission and with a selected group behind closed doors fabricated the CSA.

Sorry, i've been advocating over 40 years. No one likes it, but why waste tax and money on initiatives "selling" that aren't legal under the commerce clause and the controlled substance act? That is unConstitutional. Remove it and its all legal as it was between 1969 and before Nixon bogusly fabricated the CSA. After Leary overturned the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 as being unConstitutional to his 5th amendment rights. Nixon just changed the title and rammed it through Congress. He also included medicinal and Hemp that were never "prohibited", Ford made his car he “grew from the soil”. It did require a tax stamp that was a hurdle many didn't want to bother with. Mostly added for the competition of Hemp as much as for Ganja. I was busted 4 times in 1970 and 1971, and never arrested. Once for a pound. Still daily toking but I haven't sold a doobie since and I still have no arrest record. If you feel it is important to be legally sold then I'm afeared it can only happen by overturning the CSA, The 10th amendment covers states with initiatives to use, not sell. Regardless if its unAmerican low life fascism. Buyers Clubs are Public Servants imho, and the Entrapraneurs behind them are the definition of True Americans. Ganja Bars in Vending Machines, who'd a thunk. Omega 3 oil to Hempsed waffles for keyrist sakes.

Leary v. United States, 395 U.S. 6 (1969)
U.S. Supreme Court case dealing with the constitutionality of the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937

"You know, it's a funny thing, every one of the bastards that are out for legalizing marijuana is Jewish. What the Christ is the matter with the Jews, Bob?

"You're enough of a pro," Nixon tells Shafer, "to know that for you to come out with something that would run counter to what the Congress feels and what the country feels, and what we're planning to do, would make your commission just look bad as hell."
- Richard Milhouse Nixon

Obama Admin's Anti-Marijuana Manifesto
Hil and Gil on the Drug War
For those with Obomba short term memory loss

NeoCon Flicts of Interest Bush Barthwell & Drugs

Is The DEA Legalizing THC?
So, in other words, if a pharmaceutical product contains THC extracted from the marijuana plant, that would be a legal commodity. But if you or I possessed THC extracted from the marijuana plant, that would remain an illegal commodity.

Wait, it gets even more absurd.

Since the cannabis plant itself will remain illegal under federal law, then from whom precisely could Big Pharma legally obtain their soon-to-be legal THC extracts? There’s only one answer: The federal government’s lone legally licensed marijuana cultivator, The University of Mississippi at Oxford, which already has the licensing agreements with the pharmaceutical industry in hand.

I'm not an Obombist and certainly not a GOPerverted Neocon scumbucket. I don't believe Obombo meant he would be intentionally upholding our 10th amendment rights. Or is he giving mercy to states with initiatives. He has no authority to bust individuals for personal use. States have the right and do use it with draconian laws still on the books. Or in states with GanjaRx laws. Not CA or Alaska. Just can't sell it or even give it away. Tommy Chong got busted after coercion for paraphernalia. Cops walked by a pound of pot. Commerce Clause got em. Not the CSA. Nullify the CSA for the NonScience it is. My blue jeans should be grown in every town in America to subsidize incomes and the economy. Same with getting off the Mexicans backs and let em grow Hemp as a staple food, clothing and shelter or as income. Preventing mudslides or feeding starving people and sheltering the homeless with a damn weed. Pitiful... But the Neoconfederates profit on Non renewable'. On "Treatment" not cures or prevention. Spending taxes on international corporations taking from local communities as they trickle down their jobs overseas. Renewable resources with the versatility of Cannabis is a threat to the status weird. The World Trade Orchestrations and that is the New Weird Odor we smell. Well I'm sure it's 4:20 some place...

HASHISH FUDGE Soma and the Wootton Report

Marijuana: the law vs. 12 million people
Life magazine Oct 31, 1969. 25-35.jpg
Soon we will know....

Nixon lied to schedule Ganja #1

Why keep it illegal?

Why can’t the US legalize drugs?
There’s ‘too much money in it,’ ~ Hillary Clinton

DEA Special Agents can expect to earn between $36,870 and $75,025. Plus Exporting DEAmocracy...

Money Spent on the War On Drugs so far this Year

Why Do You Think They Call it DOPE?
* Cannabis Hemp: The Invisible Prohibition Revealed
* The Elkhorn Manifesto
* Marijuana and Hemp: The Untold Story
* The Nation of Apathetic Puppets By John Pilger
* Maintaining Dysfunction

Cover-Ups, Prevarication's, Subversions & Sabotage 02/01/11
* CONgress' CONvenient Commerce Santa Clause

US Government Patents Medical Pot
The Counterculture Colonel
Irvin Rosenfeld's 115,000th joint - 11/21/09
* Patients Out of Time
* Cannabis Medicine

Al Capone and Watergate were red herrings to divert the countries attention from the Fascist acts of eliminating competition. Booze/Ethanol and then Ganja//Hemp.

Oh and btw.... Using the racist derogitory "M" word doesn't seem prudent at this juncture.

Lipstick on a Pig...
Randolph Hearst invented the word Maria Juana as a way to stigmatize Pancho Villa in the 19teens. The names of his first and second wives, as well as his mothers and top generals mother. Later riding that wave demonizing Hemp off the market in the name of the heathen devil weed. Benefitting Oil, steel and the new synthetic fibers. With the same Yellow Journalism he used to bring on Alcohol Prohibition. Then a change of heart after crude oil was established over the farmers homemade tractor gas in distillaries. Filler up with Ethyl.(ethanol) Same demonizing as the "N" word, still taught generation after generation the same as racism. There is no racist gene either. It's taught and learned. Same with reefer madness. They profit perpetuating the war, not with the fantasy zero tolerance, or legalizing. Just toss in a few hobgoblins before elections. Keep denialists busy shifting squirming and diverting. Feeding red herrings to the public on corporate TV. 95% of all media is controlled by 5 corporations. Sharing an agenda for cheap labor. Especially in the SW as it is today. Hearst played on the phobias of the locals. Preaching that Ganja would convert their lilly white daughters into "Mary Jane" table dancers in the donkey bars.

Portuguese word "mariguano into Mariguan(a) is what the Mexicans had been using, Sailors bringing it from Portugal to Brazil. Filtering through the western trade routes.

Also Mota: Weed; Mexican term for cannabis.
Hey paisas, wanna go buy some mota and get high?
"man, we've got some good mota tonight!"

Spanish slang for cannabis.
Tengo mota en mi pantalones.

Other words for cannabis

hierba
yerba
cesped (rarely used)
1. mota de polvo (a speck of dust)
2. te gusta mota?

Canamo
All 100% pure hemp products including hemp clothing and clothing products hemp bags oils shoes socks hats candy and hemp news

Canappa
A street name for cannabis.

Charas is the name given to a hashish form of cannabis which is hand-made in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal and India.

Cheeba
Hey man, put the cheeba in the blunt.

Cheeo
A preparation made from the dried flower clusters and leaves of the cannabis plant,

Muggles
(verb) A colloquial term for the action of smoking cannabis.

Sinsemilia, the unfertilised, thus seedless, female plants.

PREJUDICE: MARIJUANA AND THE JIM CROW LAWS
I know, the "M" word. It's in broad use and not an easy thing to overcome, many of the best advocates use it because it is so well known. Many don't believe it's baggage has weight. I'm not one of them. It is more racist than the "N" word because it includes multi cultures.

Hemp Car - Kestrel U2b

DdC's picture
DdC

There is no war on marijuana and there never was. The war on drugs is just a tactic in the war on the general populace. The public resistance against the war in Vietnam showed the criminal rulers of the U.S. and their international criminal associates that a new paradigm was needed so that they could have a more direct control over the mob. Therefore to deal effectively with that war against the citizenry it is required that the 99.7% start identifying it for what it really is, or else the criminal capitalists will continue to divide and conquer with their myriad schemes which enables their few to dominate the masses. They really are a tiny amount of stupid people who are making life miserable for everybody else and once that is realized then all it takes to embark on a path to a just society is to physically get rid of the criminal class in it's entirety.

jmacneil's picture
jmacneil
Quote Dominic C:
Quote anonymous green:

there is definitely NO monolpoly interests controlling its production or distribution.

The Drug War itself is the controlling interest.

The Drug War controls the Ivory Towers of Scilence, who write reports demonizing cannabis.

The Drug War controls the politicians, who write laws based on false science.

The Drug War feeds off you, and controls you, and feeds off itself.

anonymous green

If you made a list of all of the flip flops of this President and his main opponent...

It would be longer than Charles Manson's rap sheet!

I heard Thom Hartmann say that his opinion was that if some big pharma company was to make a synthetic form of the herb... that's the ONLY way it's ever going to be legal.

If EVERYONE can grow it, and it will grow EVERYWHERE... then there's no kick back's. What's the point of politics if there isn't a kick back of money involved?

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian
Quote anonymous green:
Quote Dominic C:
Quote anonymous green:

there is definitely NO monolpoly interests controlling its production or distribution.

The Drug War itself is the controlling interest.

The Drug War controls the Ivory Towers of Scilence, who write reports demonizing cannabis.

The Drug War controls the politicians, who write laws based on false science.

The Drug War feeds off you, and controls you, and feeds off itself.

I just wanted to say that I didn't think it was quite the correct metaphor and dumping MJ into a harbor would only serve the interests who profit from "The War on Drugs" rather than an act of defiance that is supposed to harm the said entity.

In regards to your perspective on "The War on Drugs", I pretty much agree with you that it is fuled by propoganda, lies, and yes racism. We can pretty much thank William Randolph Hearst for this almost century long attack on one of the most useful plants in the history of humanity.

This "War" doesn't feed off of me or you necessarily but rather it is fed by fear and ignorance of the populace who are cowered into accepting and embracing such draconian policies. It is fed by the same line of thinking that fules "The War on Terror" and "The Cold War". As one who grew up during that long cold war, I am all too familiar with the tactics and propoganda that accompanies it. Fear and ignorance lead to hatred and that lowest common denominator is the greatest tool oligarchs possess and they fully intend to keep it that way.

The song "Withchunt" by Rush speaks of this type of mentality although it applies more to immigrants and those that are 'different'.

Dominic C

Ddc thank you for the info and fact filled post!

I like you have been advocating for full legalization for over 30 years (not quite as long as you) since I was in Junior High School.

I even remember a great piece the now defunct Herald Examiner (ironically a Hearst paper) did on the merits of full legalization when I was in high school and I wrote several essays for classes advocating such. I had great teachers that encouraged independent thinking and exploring different facets of life and I will NEVER forget them.

Dominic C

I have only one reservation about "legalization," and that is the contingencies of the law and their enforcement agencies. I prefer "decriminalization" over the regulating and taxing of pot because I have seen what the Oregon Liquor Contol Board has done to booze. I do not want an OMCB trying to figure out how much homegrown should be taxed. Nor do I want the friendly exchange of some weed to be a crime.

I do want all the weed offenders out of jail. Decriminalization will drive the drug business out of business, and people will grow it for the love of it. This is the basis of sharing and caring, Aloha and Mahalo.

DRC's picture
DRC

As long as people believe there is a war on drugs then those type of people will literally be actively helping the criminal class keep the majority of the population in subjective servitude. All of the crazy new laws such as NDAA in conjunction with the criminalization of drugs and the private corporations owning mercenary armies and prisons presage what that criminal scum George W. Bush really meant by "New World Order". If you don't understand that concept then you are nothing but a dupe and the enslavement of the citizenry by the criminal corporations will procede apace with your active, but unwitting, help.

While the criminal class continues to hedge everyone into their gulag, sans barbed wire, it must be wondered who it is that they are really fighting and what the criminal class is really scared of. It doesn't matter to the citizens of the nation if the criminals claim they are fighting cowboys or aliens or any breed in between, because the only net result that will accrue from their criminal perversion of society will be a single, company-owned planet and everyone who reads is likely familiar with the harsh conditions that always result from such concentration of power. If you're not going to do anything to save yourselves, then you might as well jump on the religious bandwagon and pray for your salvation.

jmacneil's picture
jmacneil

Yes it definitely is a "Cold War". They are simply "Police Actions". Like Korea and Vietnam. Iraq was a war sanctioned bogusly by Congress on lies by Cheney and the Heritage Foundation. But nonetheless declared. The very second Junior declared "Mission Accomplished" it became a no bid contract "Police Action". To the soldiers there is absolutely no difference. To Prescott Bush a world of difference. He was busted for war profiteering. There are no profit limits on Police Actions and that is why we don't have wars since WW!!. The Ganjawar is a Police Action. Or a cold war. A trillion dollars has ben spent so far and most think its a waste. Unless you're receiving part of the trillion dollars. Then that's a different story. Same with the corporations who don't have to fend off competition because it's illegal. Fossil fools plastic or veggie oil plastic. Cotton with 90 million pounds of poisons or organic Hemp fiber. Meat using 10 pounds of chemically processed grain for each pound of meat vs organic Hemp seed protein and omega 3 oil. These lobby's may not show themselves off as drug worriers but its their bottom line in jeopardy. Same with the Pharmaceuticals, Booze and Tree wood and paper. Hemp wood has greater tensile strength without killing trees and their importance to the entire ecosystem. So besides the "war" profits Koch;s private tax pad prisons get for growers. Or the bloated cop budgets. Or the calvina gossip clubs. Many make a profit due to prohibition. Coincidences in this case are like hobgoblins. Useful to perpetuate stupidity on the masses but that's about it. As for Bayer and Sativex selling sublingual sprays with US schwagg they send the 4 remaining IND patients. Does anyone actually believe they would be fair and open to competition just because it's safer? Bayer came from IGFarben and I believe they simply assimilated.

It's all a lie.

“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.”
― Frank Zappa

The Politics of Pot

The government already has a Monopoly on all cannabis research. Same pot goes to the IND patients. Crushed sticks, leaves and seeds. Three things you should never smoke on a Ganja plant.

Feds Need One Million Joints - 10/14/01

"Marijuana is ten times more dangerous than twenty years ago."
-- Presidential candidate Bill Clinton 1992

Rare Vietnam Brisk Tea.jpg
("Acapulco Gold and Vietnam blend";)
(To this day the best I've ever toked. That includes Hawaii, Thai stick and Grateful Dead inner circle crystal buds.)

Pot Potency? Boomers' blissfully unfazed by mere facts

Is The DEA Legalizing THC?
So, in other words, if a pharmaceutical product contains THC extracted from the marijuana plant, that would be a legal commodity. But if you or I possessed THC extracted from the marijuana plant, that would remain an illegal commodity.

Wait, it gets even more absurd.

Since the cannabis plant itself will remain illegal under federal law, then from whom precisely could Big Pharma legally obtain their soon-to-be legal THC extracts? There’s only one answer: The federal government’s lone legally licensed marijuana cultivator, The University of Mississippi at Oxford, which already has the licensing agreements with the pharmaceutical industry in hand.

That is a MONOPOLY...

Marijuana never kicks down your door in the middle of the night. Marijuana never locks up sick and dying people, does not suppress medical research, does not peek in bedroom windows. Even if one takes every reefer madness allegation of the prohibitionists at face value, marijuana prohibition has done far more harm to far more people than marijuana ever could.
William F. Buckley, Jr.

DdC's picture
DdC

jmacneil Maybe you should address whom it is your spewing at?

"Just as every cop is a criminal and all your sinners saints."

The New Weird Odor is the G-20 1% who Teabog dipshits worship.
Jerking off crude oil plastic flags doesn't make one a patriot.

DEAth fascism titles It can happen here...

Give me control of a nations money supply,
and I care not who makes it’s laws.
~ Amschel Rothchild

DdC's picture
DdC

Your faux act doesn't fool anyone. Why don't you cheesy clowns just state which agency you are working for?

jmacneil's picture
jmacneil

The strange behavior of the criminal ruling class has to have a real source of fear behind it or they wouldn't be continuing with such a permanently polarising program. They know that their days as rulers of the world are literally fast approaching the end of days for them and they are merely setting up for a last ditch stand in the hopes that they can delay the inevitable, for a while. So it is only logical to expect that they would rather go out in a blaze of "glory" akin to the way the French did at Dien Bien Phu, and that's not because they were brave but because they believed hanging on to the very end might turn up some masterful stroke of tactics that would save them from the inferior beings which they faced. It is seen repeated throughout history time and again. All of the repressive methods that the criminal rulers of the capitalist world use are all part of a single strategy and it is illogical to act on one aspect of that program as if it was paramount. In the art of war the way to win is to know your enemy, which means knowing their goals and their methodology as well as their intellectual capability, or lack thereof.

jmacneil's picture
jmacneil
Quote jmacneil:

The strange behavior of the criminal ruling class has to have a real source of fear behind it or they wouldn't be continuing with such a permanently polarising program. They know that their days as rulers of the world are literally fast approaching the end of days for them and they are merely setting up for a last ditch stand in the hopes that they can delay the inevitable, for a while. So it is only logical to expect that they would rather go out in a blaze of "glory" akin to the way the French did at Dien Bien Phu, and that's not because they were brave but because they believed hanging on to the very end might turn up some masterful stroke of tactics that would save them from the inferior beings which they faced. It is seen repeated throughout history time and again. All of the repressive methods that the criminal rulers of the capitalist world use are all part of a single strategy and it is illogical to act on one aspect of that program as if it was paramount. In the art of war the way to win is to know your enemy, which means knowing their goals and their methodology as well as their intellectual capability, or lack thereof.

I just hope that this current bunch of criminal overlords are not much better at retaining control and controlling the populace better than past evil empires...

It seems they have done a excellent job peddling their fear and hate so far and there seems to be no end in sight. I also fear that this current group of overlords have a much further reach and much better tools such as the media than say, the French aristocrats or the Russian Czars.

It's too bad that we have nowhere to turn politically since all we have is ONE party and two wings which are both corporate and right wing. The only difference is that one is far right and the other is regular right wing.

Dominic C

What a surprise,

A macTroll ... with nothing to say.
Can't even muster the courage to say wtf it is you disagree with?
Again not a surprise. Same lame trolls... Boring...

Trolls of Fascism

Rally Protests Federal Raid on Pot Trade School
Hundreds of demonstrators gathered at City Hall here Tuesday to demand federal respect for state and local marijuana laws, a day after federal agents raided the state's first pot trade school and a related dispensary across the bay in Oakland.

As nightfall does not come at once,
neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight
where everything remains seemingly unchanged,
and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air,
however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.
-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Not that hard to find the trolls. They never stick to the topic or answer direct questions or even add opposing comments. Just trash and burn and ugly the thread in hopes no one reads farther. Another form of censorship, just one more scale of the fascist fish. They were very sucessful with the corporate owned TV and Radio. Keeping Ganja truth away from the viewing audience. When the stakes are high the fascist twits lie. Corporations keeping a viable medicine from US citizens. Keeping a viable alternative to the corporate fossil fools, trees and chemicals. But they wouldn't lie? They wouldn't try to disrupt the only Ganja free speech available? They started a war In Iraq over lies and media involvement. Media censorship and political manuvering has kept Ganja and Hemp illegal when most know it should never have been placed as a schedule#1 narcotic. They lie and they troll and they kill and bilk trillions out of the tax payers. Volunteer slaves...

Brain structure differs in liberals, conservatives: study
Liberals have more gray matter in a part of the brain associated with understanding complexity, while the conservative brain is bigger in the section related to processing fear, said the study on Thursday in Current Biology.

Conservatives Have Larger 'Fear Centers' in Their Brains

British study shows conservatives' brains tend to have larger amygdalas, which responsible for primitive emotions.

Conservatives' brains have larger amygdalas than the brains of liberals. Amygdalas are responsible for fear and other "primitive" emotions. At the same time, conservatives' brains were also found to have a smaller anterior cingulate -- the part of the brain responsible for courage and optimism.

Conservatives without conscience by John W. Dean

Bushit Rumcheney Cocktail: Fascist Nationalism and MKULTRA

The Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
Most people know that the “drug czar” — the director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) — is an advocate for the government position regarding the drug war. But not everyone knows that he and his office are mandated to tell lies as part of their Congressional authorization.

Calvina Fay Prohibition Inc
Drug Free America Foundation,
formerly known as Straight, Inc.
At least 10 children have lost their lives as a result of their participation in a wilderness therapy program (AKA "Brat Camps") who failed them in the worst way imaginable. These are their stories as told through media reports, opinion and commentary.

Anti-Drug Campaigns Dumb Down Vital Message
Calvina Fay is the Executive Director of Drug Free America Foundation and Save Our Society From Drugs (S.O.S.) From 1976-1985 it was known as Straight, Inc. and had a reputation for abusing kids as a drug rehabilitation program. Mel Sembler and his wife Betty founded Straight, Inc. In 1985 it changed its name to Straight Foundation, Inc. in order to protect its money and its principals from civil suits. In 1995 it was changed again to Drug Free America Foundation. DFAF is a national and international drug policy think tank and provider of services for drug free work places.

Fear Card, don't leave home without it..

DdC's picture
DdC

"Must see tv" for those of us who think our marijuana laws are unjust and backwards.

The episode of the Current tv series "Vanguard" called "The War on Weed" is being aired again on Monday April 9th at 12:00 PM EDT, for those who have not seen it, or for those (like me) that want to see it again. This episode deals with the battle between the feds and the legalized medical marijuana industry of California and Colorado, the NYPD's illegal use of stop-and-frisk searches and racial profiling to arrest mostly blacks and latinos for possession of small amounts of pot, and the weekend-long 'pot-fest' the city of Seattle has held in the fall, where even the mayor is on the guest list. A quote from the Seattle mayor's speech at the pot festival : "Prohibition has not worked !" ... where have we heard that one before ?

http://current.com/shows/vanguard/episodes/season-five/the-war-on-weed/

Another clip from this episode is on youtube :
"Vanguard : NYPD Stop & Frisk ... Ft. Nycresistance"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_7gbAJMjnc

"The War on Weed" will also air on Current tv April 14th at 11:00 PM EDT, and on April 19th at 3:00 AM EDT.

As they say, check your local listings for show times in your area.

For FIOS users, this episode is available now on demand for free ... you'll find it by using the search menus (but if you live in the Baltimore area, you ain't got no FSTV !!! ... oops, forgot what I was writing about ... never mind) .

Enjoy !

miksilvr

From the Democracy Now news bulletins on April 3rd :

Feds Raid Medical Marijuana Properties in California

Dozens of federal agents have raided a number of properties connected to Richard Lee, the most prominent advocate for the legalization and regulation of marijuana in California. The largest raid occurred at Oaksterdam University, which offers courses in the growing and dispensing of medical marijuana. Agents also raided Lee’s home, a medical marijuana dispensary run by Lee, a nearby cannabis museum and the home of Todd McCormick, another longtime medical marijuana activist.

More from the April 3rd show : http://www.democracynow.org/2012/4/3/headlines

Home page for Democracy Now : http://www.democracynow.org/

miksilvr

This is by a troll Thom hartmann

Paul Ryan moves to the left of Obama on Medical Marijuana

This is from the real Thom...

The federal war on marijuana continues by Thom Hartmann

DdC's picture
DdC

Currently Chatting

Community Archive

Why the Web of Life is Dying...

Could you survive with just half of your organs? Think about it. What if you had just half your brain, one kidney, half of your heart, one lung, half a liver and only half of your skin? It would be pretty hard to survive right? Sure, you could survive losing just one kidney or half of your liver, but at some point, losing pieces from all of your organs would be too much and you would die.