House dumbasses pass CISPA

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
captbebops
captbebops's picture

In a day that will go down in infamy dumbasses in congress passed the bill to kill democracy and Internet freedom the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act.  Let's hope the Senate has better sense but I'm not holding my breathe.  Let's hope that Obama vetoes it if it gets that far but again I'm not holding my breathe.  If this abomination becomes law lets make Occupy protests look like Sunday picnics!

How did your congressman vote?  Mine voted no so good for him.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/91448041/Final-Vote-Results-for-Roll-Call-192

Comments

.ren
.ren's picture
One way or another they are

One way or another they are dedicated to creating another fascist form.  They can't help themselves when they have such juicy technology to work with.

As to be expected my Republican clone congresswoman voted aye.  She'll hear from me in the next town hall phone meeting.  I haven't been too supportive so far. Maybe she'll stop inviting me.  Or maybe something else will happen to me.

Choco
Choco's picture
captbebops wrote: In a day

captbebops wrote:

In a day that will go down in infamy dumbasses in congress passed the bill to kill democracy and Internet freedom the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act.  Let's hope the Senate has better sense but I'm not holding my breathe.  Let's hope that Obama vetoes it if it gets that far but again I'm not holding my breathe.  If this abomination becomes law lets make Occupy protests look like Sunday picnics!

How did your congressman vote?  Mine voted no so good for him.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/91448041/Final-Vote-Results-for-Roll-Call-192

I thought republicans didn't trust the government yet by the roll call the house republicans just gave the corporate/government the permission to invade our personal business and violate our civil rights. Amazing how easy it is to motivate people through fear.

captbebops
captbebops's picture
Don't forget to get on the

Don't forget to get on the horn to your Senators now.  Usually I just email these people because I live on the left coast and my representatives are in the 21st century and even respond to email.  But I want to confront them vocally in case they try to justify voting for it.  But given that both are Democrats they shouldn't but Feinstein may think there is a reason to support it.

It's like they want to wear us down by raising bill after bill.  I believe it's because they don't like the Internet giving people a voice that if often inconvenient to them.  They won't outsmart the tech community who will counter whatever they do and win.   It would be like prohibition all over again.  Back then the people didn't like the government telling them they couldn't drink so they did anyway and today the people will not like the government imperiling their freedom of speech and privacy.

antikakistocrat
antikakistocrat's picture
Even if they do pass it Obama

Even if they do pass it Obama is not a legitimate President so his signature won't validate the BILL into LAW.  Not Constitutionally anyway.

antikakistocrat
antikakistocrat's picture
That and all 50 states with

That and all 50 states with their Constitutionally elected governments can vote to reject it on the basis of its un-constitutionality.  Either that or the state judicial branches with declare it un-constitutional.

It's all one big power grab by the globalist kakistocrats in the Legislatures.

miksilvr
I got word late on 4/26 that

I got word late on 4/26 that the house had passed CISPA. This vote was a surprise to me, since I had not kept up with the news from CNET.  One of the listed articles states that the White House had talked about a veto if the bill passed, but that was before the changes were made before the vote.  We'll have to wait and see where the White House stands now.  I had added some of these articles to another post I have on the board, but had not had a chance to read some of them before I heard CISPA had already passed the house.  CNET seems to be on top of this story (sort by date to bring the newest articles to the top) :

http://news.cnet.com/1770-5_3-0.html?query=cispa&searchtype=news&tag=contentMain;contentBody;alln;nh