I fear my government.

Do you?

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian

Comments

Care to expound on your fear(s)?

Choco's picture
Choco

FC, go to the Ted Nugent thread as you make the same comment there and I responded.

Choco's picture
Choco

I only fear what "the people" lets the government do! If the government has become tyrannical and crony capitalistic, it is because "the people" voted in curmudgeons who sponsored it. Tyrants can gain power through the permission of the people, or through the ignorant inactivity of the people. The same goes for a corporate state. It doesn't matter if a government is good or bad, people get from government only that which they allow!

micahjr34

Do you fear the corporations and financial institutions that our gov't coddles as much or less than the gov't itself? If "We the People" are the gov't, are you then afraid that "We the People" are unable to defend ourselves against the tyranny of the corporations and financial institutions?

If you fear people who don't see clearly and obfuscate the simple problems that stare us right in the face, then I guess a fear of the "gov't" is appropriate. When you point your FINGER OF SHAME at the gov't Fletch, you have your other 3 shameful fingers pointing right back at yourself. Look in the mirror brother.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

Yes, yes I do.

The folks in this forum readily admit that the feds are being bought by special interest. Yet they refuse to hold the feds accountable. This concerns me. Some politicians insist on dividing us along age, gender, sexual orientation, financial, government/ private sector and racial lines. They know that regulating "fairness" is the way to total control. The feds are bullying and sueing the states into total submission. The government will not stop until they have complete control of your movements, finances and communications. Government officials will be able to stroll into your house whenever they please to verify that you are in compliance. You will be powerless to stop them. Is there any evidence that the government meddling is slowing down? Of course not. It's getting worse. They won't stop of their own accord. They will only stop when we say "ENOUGH" And by the time we wake up, it will be too late to turn it back. The bright side? With total control, all crime will come to a screeching halt. We won't need to worry about speeding, the computer in your car will report your speed and destinations to the government. You will be ticketed automatically. Safety first you know.With population growth and medical advances, the goverment will determine how long you will be allowed to live. You will also need a permit to breed. Since we already provide government types with the best medical care money can buy, they will continue to be at the top of the medical food chain. They will deemed "critical and irreplaceable." If Obama is re-elected he will be appointing a couple of new supreme court justices. After that happens the government will be totally in control of your lives. Nothing they do will be challenged. The supreme court will be part of the ruling class. Checks and balances will be gone.

Can we surrender total control of lives?

Yes we can!!!

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote rigel1:

The folks in this forum readily admit that the feds are being bought by special interest. Yet they refuse to hold the feds accountable.

Not true. It all depends on which "special interest" you care to address specifically. Is an energy industry special interest group the same as an environmental special interest group? How about Chamber of Commerce vs Organized Labor? There all the same, right? We all want the gov't to cater to OUR special interests, but some special interests are truly common to all and others are much more selfish by definition.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote Laborisgood:

Do you fear the corporations and financial institutions that our gov't coddles as much or less than the gov't itself?

You are avoiding and changing the subject. The question was: Do you fear the government?" Answer please.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

We the people have the power of the vote. That's about it. That is our only true power. So let's say we vote in all Republicans, or all Libertarians, or all Green Party for that matter. What difference does it make if any one of those groups is ultimately controlled by Big Money. It doesn't. That is my whole point when supposedly defending government. Big money has control of the country and they are not going to let go of it. We are all human and anyone who is elected to "lead" this country or our states can and will be bought to a certain extent. The rare important leaders who can't be bought are dealt with in other ways. We can sit here for decades arguing idiology and it makes no difference. Just look at how heated we all get in our stances. While we all stay distracted with our bickering, it's business as usual for the powerful elite.

It's the perfect scam. A dictatorship disguised as a democracy. You can't vote a dictator out of power. We have surrendered control of our lives for decades. We just can't see the forest through the trees. As long as we believe our democracy is intact and that our vote really means something then nothing can change. They will let the Republicans and the Democrats have their little victories in order to keep the ruse believable.

That's my own little conspiracy theory. Of course, I could be wrong.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Quote Laborisgood:
Quote rigel1:

The folks in this forum readily admit that the feds are being bought by special interest. Yet they refuse to hold the feds accountable.

Not true. It all depends on which "special interest" you care to address specifically. Is an energy industry special interest group the same as an environmental special interest group? How about Chamber of Commerce vs Organized Labor? There all the same, right? We all want the gov't to cater to OUR special interests, but some special interests are truly common to all and others are much more selfish by definition.

Enjoy your brave new world slave.

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote rigel1:
Quote Laborisgood:

Do you fear the corporations and financial institutions that our gov't coddles as much or less than the gov't itself?

You are avoiding and changing the subject. The question was: Do you fear the government?" Answer please.

You seemed to have missed the next sentence or two which directly talked about "We the People" being the gov't. I believe "We" can fight back against the special interests who have permeated our gov't, but we just have a difference of opinion as to which special interest groups are more corrosive to our democracy. I do fear undue influence by the more corrosive special interest groups.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote Laborisgood:
Quote rigel1:
Quote Laborisgood:

You seemed to have missed the next sentence or two which directly talked about "We the People" being the gov't. I believe "We" can fight back against the special interests who have permeated our gov't, but we just have a difference of opinion as to which special interest groups are more corrosive to our democracy. I do fear undue influence by the more corrosive special interest groups.

And how will that prevent the things that I have mentioned from coming to pass? Remember, this entire website is devoted to the evils of the private sector. Can't we accept the fact that goverment can be corrupt all by itself? Without any help from anybody? What do you think? Government types are all saints incapable of sin on their own? You can't possibly be that naive. Can you?

rigel1's picture
rigel1

I looked at the website for Arizona State government job postings, put in my metier as a search term, "attorney", and learned that half the attorney-mentioning jobs that Arizona is looking to "hire" were VOLUNTEER POSITIONS. That's right, the State of AZ wants FREE LABOR. I don't know what to think of that.

Tanquera1's picture
Tanquera1
Quote rigel1:

Remember, this entire website is devoted to the evils of the private sector. Can't we accept the fact that goverment can be corrupt all by itself? Without any help from anybody?

We are all by nature sinful and unclean Rigel. Certainly any person in the gov't or private sector is capable of evil. Perhaps you are overstepping into a pile of something when you claim "this entire website is devoted to the evils of the private sector"? False witness much, Rigel?

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

I fear any govt that uses militarism, and ethnic cleansing as guiding principals. Whether that govt is run by Hitler, Pol Pot, George W Bush, Stalin or Tom Tancredo they scare me.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

How in the hell can a government be corrupt all by itself? LOL Think about it. That is like calling a carpenter's hammer corrupt. Government is a tool that can be used by honest "people" or dishonest "people". Conservatives seem to think that the government is being corrupted by the ever so powerful homeless people. However the super rich corporations and billionaires don't corrupt government. They just want to make money and be left alone. LOL

Do you fear hammers?

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

"Fear". Pathetic.

.ren's picture
.ren

Oh yes, that homeless people lobby will be the ruin of us all.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote Fletcher Christian: I fear my government. Do you?

The problem with you guys is your thinking is didactic / black and white and cannot see things as they are. That is a psychological condition, actually. Thus, we can't have consumer protection because it would lead to Stalinism.

In reality, all people think there are costs and bennefits to all government actions. And, it does not take a child to realize that while some of what the government does is wonderful, other things that it does are horrific.

Libertarians believe that all government action beyond protection of property is dangerous. Conservatives believe that some amount of government action is a good thing, and liberals believe the government should play a more significant role protecting the people from corporate fraud, abuse and inefficiency. In all such cases, no one fears the government they are advocating. But all people would fear a government that does things they dislike, thus liberals also are likely to fear the government.

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ
Quote Bush_Wacker:

How in the hell can a government be corrupt all by itself?

I guess they can't. They need a business man to corrupt them. Yes they are saints. Yes they are.

Ever heard of Blago? What company corrupted him? Forced him to sell a senate seat.

Ever heard of Bill Clinton? What company forced him to abuse and try to destroy women? Then Lie to the world about it. If it was only about sex, he should not have lied and tried to destroy people. He should have told us it was only sex.

Ever heard of John Edwards? What CEO insisted that he mis use campaign funds and cheat on his dying wife?

Ever heard of the GSA? Their chairman has taken the 5th. What company forced him to hide from the truth?

Ever heard of watergate? What compay paid to have G. Gordon Liddy raid the DNC campaign headquarters?

Ever heard of fast and furious? What business insisted that we give weapons to Mexican drug cartels resulting in the death of hundreds including a US agent? What company is demanding that Eric Holder cover up who is responsible for the decision. He has given us the finger.

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause. And Yes BW, the government is capable of corruption all by their little selves. They don't need anybodies help.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

LOL, you just made my point rigel. If you want to talk about corrupt politicians (people) we can name names all day long. Politicians are not government. Politicians are corporate pawns. Having sex with someone doesn't make them corrupt. Keep on trying but you'll always find that real corruption is an infiltration of government through one or more persons. You are pissed off at individuals within the system but you'll blame the big old bad government instead of the "people" who are buying "people".

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Yeah rigel, you really don't want Antifacist dumping his mega volume: Conservative family values post here do you?

Choco's picture
Choco

I don't fear your government, not in the least. In point of fact, your government fears me, and with good reason. To put it in an historical sense, the government has always had a very real fear of the common rabble ever since the French revolution when they chopped the heads off of the then rulers and self proclaimed owners of the world, which in reality has always been the "organized criminal gang" of the day in which any government was simply a tool in the same way that organized religion is a tool. The NWO is just the latest personification of the criminal gangs' having reached a consensus and their embarking on the fulfillment of their primary goal, which is, and always has been, total domination of everyone who is not affiliated with their gang.

To understand why the criminal capitalists fear it is only necessary to look a little way back in history, since all previous attempts to dominate everyone have always ended in disaster to one degree or another. For instance, take the Nazis of WW2 infamy. When the Russians put an end to Germany's 6th army all of the German hierarchy knew that their TYR (Thousand Year Reich) was a failure, but they didn't stop or try to sue for peace because the principle criminals were still jockeying for a position in what would be a postwar society still ruled to one extent or the other by a criminal gang that was in essence the same kind as they were. And within that framework they weren't able to just quit when the rabble was still relatively intact and then have the rabble know that the war really was only about some power-hungry fools who wanted more power solely for the sake of having more power. And that led to the near utter destruction of German society as Hitler and his goofy gang knew they couldn't stop the losing war and then have the people recognize them for what they truly were, which was worthless scum who had no real idea of how to govern a society. So they kept going until everything was as destroyed as it could be and then took the cowards way out as a way of blaming everyone else for failing them.

And that knowledge of failure and unsecured future is exactly the state of affairs which the world finds itself in today with the NWO. All of the draconian measures they are using are their effort to keep the rabble from finding out what exactly the NWO were up to with all of their imperialistic endeavors to control the world, which the criminal capitalists already recognize among themselves as a failure but they are reluctant and unwilling to relinquish power while the rabble are still intact to a sufficient degree in which they could hold the criminal capitalists accountable.

jmacneil's picture
jmacneil

Great post jmacneil.

Choco's picture
Choco

Clinton's and Edwards' "corruption" extended no further than their peckers. Now, unless you are calling for a national law outlawing philanderers from holding public office or positions of management in any organization, then I don't see how what they did as corrupt.

The head of the GSA? Where is the corruption, and refusing to testify at a witch hunt is a smart move.

Blago's and Nixon's moves were essentially the same, using public office to enrich themselves and solidify their own power. How'd that work out?

Fast and Furious? No one anywhere insisted we "give" weapons to Mexican drug cartels. You saying so shows what kind of filthy liar you are. What they did was allow gun dealers in Arizona to legally "sell" firearms to people that the ATF suspected was a straw buyer for the Mexican drug cartels. Now, can you explain what new gun laws you are asking for that will stop Mexican drug lords, or Al Queda from buying firearms in the US? What are the new, TeaBagger approved gun laws that we need to accept in the name of public safety?

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

It is all too clear that we do not have a representative government.

When I am asked do I fear corporations more than the government... right now, I don't see the difference. Yes. I fear corporations. I fear my fascist government.

I am curious for those who do NOT fear our government... why is that?

Have you NOT read the "E.O.'s" (Executive Orders) that have come out of Washington THIS YEAR!?! How can anyone read those documents and NOT be afraid?

We're talking about legalizing assassinations. Legalizing kidnappings. Legalizing forced labor. What is MOST scary about these documents are that they specifically state that this is to be authorized during "peace time"... not under any threats of terrorism or war. These executive orders are specifically designed to target American citizens on American soil.

They also spell the end of "innocent until proven guilty."

The military has been allowed now to arrest you.

Our election process has been scammed.

Our Supreme court has been bought and paid for.

Everyone knows that our Congress is useless. 9% approval rating. I honestly don't know who the 9% are in favor of. I don't think Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders can pull in 9% by themselves.

700 Billion dollar scams. Then when asked about where HALF of the money went... Bernake looks with "puppy dog eyes" and meekly mouthes, "I don't know."

I fear that we are being ran by folks with hidden agendas. I fear the shear force they have to enact their hidden agendas. I also fear for certain members of our political system that the very laws they are enacting are going to be used against them in another coup de tat. (I believe that Kennedy was a victim of a coup and I believe that our current heads of state are unwittingly setting themselves up for another one.)

There aren't any "gentlemen's agreements" contained in any of these scary executive orders.

These tyrannical laws that are being enacted can be aimed at ANYONE. Chris Hedges is worried that they will be aimed at the press... he's right. Fletcher Christian is worried that they will be aimed at the public at large... I am right. The law makers do not believe they will be aimed back at them... they are wrong.

There is no longer ANY form of a rule of law.

That scares me.

I fear that the lessons of JFK have not been learned. I have so much fear that I dare not type what I think is going to happen next to our heads of state. I think there is a lot more going on with the secret service than we are being let to know.

I fear that when the stuff hits the fan... the "patsy" this time won't be a "military insider"... it will be the everyday innocent, unsuspecting public at large.

Guys and Gals... we don't have a RULE OF LAW! There is NO protection. Without the a sense of safety, everything falls apart.

I pray to God that I am wrong about all of this. I hope that I am chicken little. When our OWN media lies to us on a daily basis about EVERYTHING... Who watches the watchmen?

How can I feel anything BUT fear when "trust" is gone? I have not broken that bond of trust with my elected leaders. They have broken that bond of trust with me. I play by the rules. You play by the rules. They don't have "rules".

"Study to show thyself approved"... that's a bible lesson. "Ignorance is bliss"... that's a man lesson. I'm wishing that I didn't know the things I do.

The ONLY silver lining that I can find in this darkest of clouds is "RELIGION". So if anyone I know, anyone that has gathered on this site, any of my neighbors, my family, myself... anyone becomes a victim of "black bagging" or is forced out onto the streets without a home... I guess try to keep in mind that this life is temporary. Therefore, all of this worry, doubt, pain is temporary as well.

I find myself contemplating the role of a pacifists more and more. I guess this is a natural "balancing act" that takes place in one's heart when one decides on making change.

God, I wish things were better. We can't pretend these changes have/are taking place.

I'll just get up, take a shower, go to work, come home, love my wife, go to bed and do it all over again the next day.

I hope that I am wrong about all of this. I "fear" that I am not. I'm pretty smart about these things. I wish I wasn't.

Sorry to get all "SERIOUS" on ya! Hey! How about that Romney! What a cook! Ha Ha! I see the media has acknowledged that Ron Paul actually won a couple... man that guy's suits are BIG! He kinda looks like an old "Talking Heads" video! Hee hee! That Obama sure was funny singing the blues with Buddy Guy... Is Mick Jagger ugly or what? Ho ho ho!

Ahhh... good times! I feel all better now. Thanks.

Fletcher Christian
There is no longer ANY form of a rule of law.

That scares me.

So, what are you going to do? How are you going to deal with your fear? Your reptilian brain says "fight or flight". How will you respond to your fears?

I think that most people (at least the ones who are like me) assess the real threat that they, personally, are subject to and react correspondingly. In my case, I think that my risk of being assassinated or imprisoned without 4th amendment rights are about as high as my risk of being killed in another 9/11. That is, nil. So, flight would be inappropriate. That leaves "fight". What are you intending to do? How scared and frightened are you?

Art's picture
Art

I'll tell ya, Art, I'll probably just sit here and type for a while.

The odds of me being "black bagged" are the same as me being killed by a false flag terror plot... you're right. I actually have a higher risk being killed by a bee sting or a champagne cork. (Those are REAL statistics! I'm not making that up! Check it out.)

That being said, those executive orders aren't "made up" either. They are being written for a reason. That reason ought to scare you. If it doesn't... hey, I guess you're a tough guy.

When the bad guys come for you, just challenge them to an old fashioned bare knuckles "Marquess of Queensberry Rules", one on one boxing match.

I'm sure that they will recognize your courage and valor and put forth their best man for a fair, one one one sporting match of brute excellence. When you are victorious, they will abide by their agreement and realize their folly and leave you alone from now on.

Man! I wish I was tough! .ren, will you fight for me? I'm sure you can save me! You're such a fighter who has no fear! You are SO brave! Rugged, intelligent... and I'm sure you have a mean, ole "1-2" combo left in ya! I'm so pathetic and weak. You're so strong.

Phaedrus76... your defense of "Fast and Furious" is the SAME defense that was given to "allow" the underwear bomber to board a plane loaded with innocent people. Even though he was on a "no fly" list and a terror suspect.

They just wanted to see... what he would do and where he would go.

Do yo actually believe that?

Do you actually read the stuff that you write?

Fletcher Christian

On Fast and Furious again, I will ask, what new gun ownership restrictions do you want passed Fletch? Do you want to outlaw folks with brown skin from owning firearms? Or people who disagree with Ron Paul? What law do you want passed?

Otherwise, people buying a firearm, and then in turn selling it to another person are not breaking any laws, are they?

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76
I'm so pathetic and weak.
Aren't we all? People who post on message boards have no influence. People who demonstrate are a little less weak. People who achieve leadership in some role are stronger still. Most are just another number. The real strength comes in big numbers. You find big numbers is markets, in elections, in powerful movements. Where do you engage your singular number? Where do you find the big numbers to add in your singular puny number? There are big numbers just waiting to achieve critical mass. No guarantees that they will. "Fear" of our Government is not appropriate at this time. Vigilance is.

Art's picture
Art

I fear both a government based on civil principles and a government based on corporate principles. I fear a government that can be bribed, and I fear corporations that bribe. To those like Rigel1 and others like this person, all I can say it that there is truth to what they say. The government can kick down your door, but a "government" controlled by business can make it prohibitively expensive to replace it. The government can take control and "ration" food to only those it likes, but business can control the price of food through economic conspiracy, achieving the same result, for example.

However, this is contingent on the people of a country allowing it to happen!

micahjr34

Phaedrus 76 - Are you trying to tell me that it was "ordinary" citizens that formed the GOVERNMENT PROJECT called, "Operation Fast and Furious"?

Are you going to tell me that "ordinary" citizens formed the "PNAC" document?

Are you going to tell me that "ordinary" citizens formed "Operation Mongoose"?

Are you going to tell me that "ordinary" citizens formed "Operation Paper Clip"?

Are you going to tell me that "ordinary" citizens formed "Operation Northwoods"?

What's wrong with you? Why do you do this to yourself and others? You know the facts but then do your best to twist them. Why? It's one thing to learn about a subject and then to question the validity of it. But what you consistently do is learn the facts of a certain subject and then filter them into what you have predetermined them to be. Why? Then when called out on it, you deflect the criticism and race bait. Why?

This compulsion of yours is disturbing.

Fletcher Christian

http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/the-war-on-terror-is-a-fraud-1/why-are-dhs-and-ice-stockpiling-ammo-.html

Why is the Department of Homeland Security ordering 450 million rounds of ammo?

Choco's picture
Choco

Don't worry, .ren will knock them out for us!

He has no fear.

Bwahahhaha!

A bullet is no match for his rugged good looks.

Fletcher Christian

http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/health-and-medical-1/93-of-americans-have-bisphenol-ain-their-blood-and-urine.html

Somewhat silly presentation, but something else to be "afraid" of.

Choco's picture
Choco

When the Pres. has taken upon himself the title "Assassinator-In-Chief", that sort of makes one question their own safety. Assassinating citizens at Head of State discretion without charges or trial is something usually found in places like Hitler's Germany or Stalin's Russia.

Such authority tends to be delegated to lots of underlings over time.

I highly doubt that a future Republican Pres. will give up the title. Assassinator-In-Chief has a unique, set apart ring to it..Deputy Assassinators-In-Chief sounds almost as good.

Obama is a constitutional scholar of what...the Soviet Constitution or Hitler's Germany?

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease".

polycarp2

I've been out paying bills and listening to The Thom Hartmann show on the radio. The reason I listen to the show is because IMO, Mr. Hartmann is the most honest guy on the radio. (I don't agree with EVERYTHING... that would be highly improbable.) EVERY time I listen, my mind is provoked to thought. I love it! I would wager that's why 99% of the people that communicate on this message board feel the same way.

Phaedrus76... I don't find you to be honest. I think you do a GREAT disservice to honest dialogue.

It appears to me, that you would rather libel someone than to gain knowledge. Me... I'd much rather be wrong about something and then to have learned "something" from the conversation. You know, go into a conversation with an opinion and then leave the conversation with a different opinion than the one that I originally went into the conversation with. "Hey! I didn't think of that!" Or, "I never thought of it that way." Something to that effect.

You... not so much.

With "friends" like you... who needs enemies?

Fletcher Christian

Fletch:

Thom's honesty is hard to question. Differences of opinion will always be front and center when honesty is at the helm. That said, Phaedrus' has rubbed me the wrong way on occasion, but never for a lack of honesty. I will say, it ain't easy calling someone "friend" when they are willing to get up in your grille and honestly point out your wrongs. Then again, what good is a wind-sock yes-man anyway? Brutal honesty is much simpler.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

He blindly race baits. Hardly honest dialogue.

Fletcher Christian
Quote Phaedrus76:

Clinton's and Edwards' "corruption" extended no further than their peckers.

Wrong, wrong, wrong Mr. Woman hater. you focus on the pecker. Being a compassionate man, I focus on the victims. The women who they used, threatened and tried to destroy. I couldn't give a rats ass about the peckers.

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote rigel1: I couldn't give a rats ass about the peckers.

A suggestion, I wouldn't use "rats ass and peckers" in the same sentence. Just saying.

Choco's picture
Choco

"Choko shoots... he SCORES!!! Blackhawk goal. 8:46 of the 3rd period. His 42nd goal of the season."

(Loud fog horn sounds.)

"Top shelf... where MOMMA HIDES THE COOKIES!!! He beats rigel1 like a rented mule!!!"

Bwahahaha!

Fletcher Christian

When you talk about fearing the government then it should be realized just who it is that you are talking about. So, who is the government? In reality they are just the people who control the instruments of influence and they are, physically, mostly weak old men who have hardly or never done any real work in their lives and, besides, the majority of them are physical cowards like Bush Sr. & Jr. or inept fools like Cheney who is so incapable that he shot his own mentor in the face and punctured his own fairytale persona of his being a "man's man". Or they are the same kind of weaklings in the private sector such as that Murdoch character and his ilk, but the one thing they all have in common is that those kind of weak people are giants when it comes to starting wars in other places that they know they won't ever have to get bloodied in and from which they eventually expect to reap a considerable profit.

If, on the other hand, any of them, even one, had a type of power that would enable them to move at twice, triple or a thousand time faster than ordinary humans, or if any of them had a strength that would enable them to squish steel, then of course you know you would be up against someone that could literally kill everyone opposed to him regardless of the weaponry that they could employ or deploy. But, failing that, all that you are up against when you talk about fearing the government is a bunch of weaklings that has proven time and again that even with their vast arsenal they are incompetent and lousy at war. As far as their war-making abilities, about the only thing they are halfway competent at is blowing up water treatment plants and residential buildings in which they know women and children reside.

Another thing that they seem really good at is making enemies that last forever. For instance, they employ all manner of crude tactics such as torture to elicit information from and to intimidate those that are opposed to their evil way, and when they do that they are making an enemy for life of those people and their friends and they, in turn, will teach their children. So even if any of those tortured people lived to be a billion year old they would never forgive that evil trash and they would never cease to think of how they would eventually get rid of all of that scum, even if they were never in a position to accomplish anything. But, in reality, the only one that those government scum and their confederates would have to really worry about was the one competent person who could get at them. And, I can assure you, worrying about that fear is their main preoccupation and it is what keeps the private military and the private prison system growing.

jmacneil's picture
jmacneil

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.