Irrelevant Conservative rock star Ted Nugent has a meeting with the Secret Service today

4 posts / 0 new

Nugent drew the attention of the Secret Service when he recently said, “If Barack Obama becomes the next President in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.” Presumptive Republican nominee, Mitt Romney, has enthusiastically accepted Ted Nugent’s endorsement – and neither he nor leaders in the Republican Party have offered a full repudiation of the Nugent’s threats against the President.

But Romney and the Republican Party HAVE fully repudiated Democratic Strategist Hilary Rosen’s truthful comments about Ann Romney. How do you like that double standard? Make a comment about how the Romney-rich don’t understand the economic troubles of the poor and the Republican Party reacts like the world is on fire. Make a threat against the President of the United States though – and it’s no big deal.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

Irrevalent and hypocrticial chcken hawk I may repsectfully add...

Dominic C

Why is there virtually no national media coverage of this, OR, for that matter, NO coverage at all of George Romney's purported fraudulent voting in Massachusetts??

Tom Dovenspike's picture
Tom Dovenspike

Surely people on this message board are well beyond asking why the media covers what they cover and doesn't cover what they don't cover. They're are the bought and paid for media. They are not journalists. The people who we see are models and CFR approved regurgitators. I worked in the newspaper business for a time until I couldn't stand it anymore. We wrote to an 8th grade level and the publishers and editors made a big deal of using focus groups. I'm sure CNN, Fox and the others use focus groups and the people chosen for the focus groups are a representative slice of our currenty society. In other words dumb asses who choose to look at hot women newsreaders rather than learn about what's really going on.

Ted Nugent is irrelevant. He shoots animals in a pen.

Choco's picture
Choco

Currently Chatting

End. Fracking. Now!

California is already dealing with the worst drought in that state's history. So, the last thing residents needed was to learn that some of their dwindling water supply has been contaminated.