Just when you though it could not get any goofier

15 posts / 0 new

I just found out that the feds, your brilliant goverment used your money to fund another critical study. What have we learned from this study? Okay, hold on. Waaaaaaaaaaait for it. Drum roll please.

We learned that getting high on cocaine and listening to jazz music makes rats happy! Thank God we know now! The last thing we need is a bunch of depressed rats running around. I can sleep a lot better now. There is a rumor that the findings of what makes rats sad will soon be released. Don't tell anybody, but what makes a rat really, really sad is to be caught in a trap. THEY HATE THAT! Unless the trap has cocaine and Miles Davis music. Then it's not so bad.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/your-tax-dollars-paid-to-learn-that-cocaine-helps-rats-enjoy-miles-davis-music-more/

Oh, and on a related story. The scent of lemons can help a monkey get a boner.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Comments

Rigel1,

What is your position on government funds, either federal, state, or federal and state being used to help the disabled? When most people present a case against government intervention in the economy, they are usually talking about able bodied and able minded people who either are under employed or unemployed. Well, what about people with down syndrome, quadrapedic nerve damage from disease or an accident, for example? While I would disagree with dismantling "safety net" programs for people who are out of work, I can at least understand it. However, I find it difficult to understand how some advocate for the removal of government programs for those who can't work or at least can work only with significant accomodations.

I would like to know your position for the sake of discussion. I am willing to hear your side of things, even if I might disagree with it.

micahjr34
Quote micahjr34:

Rigel1,

What is your position on government funds, either federal, state, or federal and state being used to help the disabled? When most people present a case against government intervention in the economy, they are usually talking about able bodied and able minded people who either are under employed or unemployed. Well, what about people with down syndrome, quadrapedic nerve damage from disease or an accident, for example? While I would disagree with dismantling "safety net" programs for people who are out of work, I can at least understand it. However, I find it difficult to understand how some advocate for the removal of government programs for those who can't work or at least can work only with significant accomodations.

I would like to know your position for the sake of discussion. I am willing to hear your side of things, even if I might disagree with it.

We are talking about two types of people. Those who can't help themselves and those who won't help themselves

Help those who cannot help themselves. Take the rat money, take the GSA party fund, take the obscene congressional benefit and retirement packages and give it to those who can't help themselves. Let congress live like the rest of us.

Those who who you mention deserve our help. Those who game the system do not.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Well said rigel. I hate to imagine what positive could be done with the wasted "billions" every year. That's why I still think the Buffet rule was more significant than anyone wants to admit. A billion here, a billion there can add up to a lot of good in the right hands. Wow, I can't believe that even I just trivialized how much a billion dollars is.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Quote Bush_Wacker:

Well said rigel. I hate to imagine what positive could be done with the wasted "billions" every year. That's why I still think the Buffet rule was more significant than anyone wants to admit. A billion here, a billion there can add up to a lot of good in the right hands. Wow, I can't believe that even I just trivialized how much a billion dollars is.

That is my only problem with the Buffet Rule. It is so sad to see the money wasted when it could be used to help those who need it or God forbid pay down some debt. If the feds were to show any sign of respecting our money, I might be convinced to send them more. But to fund their crap and help them retire rich? Please. Real people need real help but they would rather help rats get stoned.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

They've spent a trillion dollars trying to keep the rat from getting coca cola cocaine and that doesn't bug ya? The few thousand to map out how coke effects the brain doesn't matter either? Oh that science stuff again, I see. Why doesn't coca cola get busted for drug trafficking? No one has ever snorted a coca leaf. Penny wise and Pound foolish once again.

What about the tax money to cover up research on rats after its spent?

Cannabis Shrinks Tumors: Government Knew in 74

Or tax money spent on lies? Oh well that's different?

The Hype: Brain Damage in Dead Monkeys

cocaine toothache drops

Organic aid for cocaine addiction only it's illegal. Might take profits from Prohibition Inc rehabs and whiz quizzers.

Mama Coca wants Colombia's fumigation to end What about the billions spent on Scam Colombia protecting Al Gore's oil wells and the damage the agent orange lite is doing to kids getting overspray?

Kathmandu and the Black Prince

Nixon lied to schedule Ganja #1

"If the people knew what we had done,
they would chase us down the street and lynch us."
~ George H.W. Bush to journalist Sarah McClendon

Ron Paul accuses the CIA, Bush sr, and the democrats of drug trafficking

"Ye shall know the truth,
And the truth shall make you angry."
~ Aldous Huxley

CIA AND DRUGS READING LIST

1. The Politics of Heroin by Alfred W. McCoy (1972, 1991)
Lawrence Hill Books - ISBN 1-55652-125-1
2. Cocaine Politics by Peter Dale Scott & Johnathan Marshall (1991)
U.C. Press - ISBN 0-520-07781-4
3. The Iran-Contra Connection by Scott, Marshall, and Hunter (1987)
South End Press - ISBN 0-89608-291-1
4. The Big White Lie by Mike Levine (1993)
Thunder's Mouth Press - ISBN 1-56025-064
5. Compromised by Terry Reed (1995)
Penmarin Books - ISBN 1-883955-02-5
6. Powder Burns by Clerino Castillo (1994)
Mosaic Press - ISBN 0-88962-578-6
7. The Underground Empire by James Mills (1974, 1978)
Doubleday - ISBN 0-385-17535-3
8. Inside The Shadow Government by the Christic Institute (1987)
Declaration of Plantiff's Counsel Filed by the Christic Institute -
U.S. District Court, Miami, FL.
9. Kiss The Boys Goodbye by Monika Jensen-Stevenson and Wm
Stevenson (1990)
Dutton - ISBN 0-525-24934-6
10. Defrauding America by Rodney Stich (1994)
Diablo Western Press - ISBN 0-932438-08-3
11. Desperados: Latin Drug Lords by Elaine Shannon
U.S. Lawmen, and the War America Can't Win (1988) Viking Press

Coca, Bolivia, and Law 1008

"From whence shall we expect the approach of danger? Shall some trans-Atlantic military giant step the earth and crush us at a blow? Never. All the armies of Europe and Asia...could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years. No, if destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide."
— Abraham Lincoln

DdC's picture
DdC

Unless you know the context of the research, these stupid con 'issues' with stuff like this only show a lack of seriousness that is stunning. rigel, you could easily talk about the wars and corpporate subsidies as "waste" rather than showing that you know very little about science. The Buffett Rule was a small, symbolic step in the right direction. It can be discussed on its own, then you can find the waste or agree that much more must be done to bring the unproductive wealth stashed in the wealth glut back into the economy.

Please don't be so gullible and so easily led into trolling stupidity. I do note that the rats liked jazz, but I doubt they would have found the Nuge much to like even on meth.

DRC's picture
DRC

Did you just link to The Blaze? Penalty box for you.

planetxan's picture
planetxan

Is the blaze the creation of dumbass glen beck?

Sprinklerfitter's picture
Sprinklerfitter
Quote DdC:

Why doesn't coca cola get busted for drug trafficking?

Don't you get it? It's because your government is corrupt and can be bought. They have no backbone. Is there a better reason not to trust them?

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote planetxan:

Did you just link to The Blaze? Penalty box for you.

I did! Do you think they made this story up?

Hey the study wasn't a complete waste of money. At least we learned this:

Hamsters who are forced to go on a diet prefer food to sex.

How could we possibly survive without this info.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

So to be glib, rigel you got a problem with cocaine? Because wasn't Pres. Reagan one of the biggest drug smugglers of cocaine, into the US? I thought that was the final leg of the Iran-Contra scandal?

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76
Quote DRC:

Please don't be so gullible and so easily led into trolling stupidity.

I'll stop being so gullible if you stop being so nasty. Deal? Are you looking for advice from me? I can give you some if you like. The reason I never give you any is not because I want to withhold my ocean of wisdom. It's because I assume you don't want any advice from me. Ditto's from here. You can cool it with the advice. If I need any, I'll ask media_muse.

Fair enough?

rigel1's picture
rigel1

It's all done to add to hyper-inflation and crash the dollar.

What do you think Solyndra was $1 billion wasted, not one job created, not one product made, and all that money did was add to the "hyper-inflation" agenda.

The American Dream Film-Full Length

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGk5ioEXlIM

antikakistocrat's picture
antikakistocrat
Quote antikakistocrat:

It's all done to add to hyper-inflation and crash the dollar.

What do you think Solyndra was $1 billion wasted, not one job created, not one product made, and all that money did was add to the "hyper-inflation" agenda.

The American Dream Film-Full Length

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGk5ioEXlIM

Yep. And how about those greedy Solyndra managers who got big fat government checks. For some reason liberals who typically throw a fit about corporate greed have no problem with these mega-rich nit wits getting more free money. Puzzling isn't it?

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.