Justice Department Raids Oakstredam University in Oakland on 4/2

2 posts / 0 new

Yesterday, April 2nd, saw the DOJ aloing with the IRS conduct a major raid on Oakstredam University in Oakland, CA.

With all the political news and shooting that happened in Oakland, this story has gotten a back seat in the news. For those of you who are unaware of the university, it is the first school in the US that educates students in every facet of the medical marijuana industry in California based on state medical marijuana laws. The school complies with all state laws and educates people to be able to do the same if they get into medical marijuana.

The founder was also the author and funder of Proposition 19 in California which would have completely legalized marijuana in California.

The Federal government has still to recognize this law that the overwhelming MAJORITY of Californians support and continues to be hostile and imposes itself AGAINST the will of our great state.

President Obama PROMISED that the DOJ would not prosecute anybody that was complying with state medical marijuana laws when he was campaigning and after taking office but it seems that he is going back on his word for whatever reason I do not know.

I would love if people contacted the DOJ and White House to express their outrage towards these actions and hold the President to his word on not going after legal providers that comply with state laws. If this issue is imprtant to you I urge you to contact them on the phone as well as email.

http://www.justice.gov/contact-us.html

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact

Whie House: 202-456-1414

DOJ: 202-353-1555

I have not heard a word about this from the punditry although it was covered on the front page of the LA Times.

Obama is a liberal???

Ya, and I'm the King of Sweden.

Dominic C

Comments

“I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives.” - Tolstoy

For those with alobama short term memory loss... smoke better pot.

Toke-A-Day May Keep Old Memory Functioning

Compassionate Use Act not the MMJ Act

Obama PROMISED that the DOJ would not prosecute anybody that was complying with state medical marijuana laws when he was campaigning and after taking office.

He didn't go back on his word. If that's even possible that any politicians "word" means anything. Most I've seen are cowards and if they seem like they're all powerful enough to disregard laws and enforce at will. They're probably seeking your vote.

So far Obombo hasn't lied or has he gone back on his word. A politicians word at that. If wishes were fishes... As much as I respect and support Richard Lee and Ed and the other martyrs of the Ganjawar. Nothing Obombo said was false. Prop 215 does not address selling pot. The Supreme Court has already ruled In Raich that includes non profit charities. NO exchange selling measured amounts or give alway's are included in California's proposition. That btw over rules all SB's and Politicians colored tie wraps and anything not included in Prop 215. Wasting millions of dollars sabotaging 215 or trying to blame Obama and the DOJ for its ommitance is political and desperate. It also employs DEAth tactics in trying to dupe those being persecuted. I take care of hospice patients and have never had a problem before or after 215. Or in personal use. Only selling it brings its jurisdiction to the Feds and the Commerce Act. No matter how much common sense Buyers Clubs make, they are not covered under Prop 215. The Controlled Substance Act includes Hemp and Medicinal Cannabis that were not included in the original Marihuana Tax Act of 1937, Nixon added those after rejecting his own Commission. Enough with the pretending. As much as I want cannabis off the books and out of the CSA... bullshitting doesn't seem to be the prudent juncture. There is enough reason to bash Obombo and yet he still comes up the lesser evil over the Neocon dominance of the republicans. Overturn the CSA or at least get real about Ganja and Hemp and remove them as schedule#1 narcotics. Then it will be Commerce for Richard and anyone else to sell.

As it stands I can grow my own under Prop 215 and as a home health aid I am covered with individual patients. Federally. Not that Obombo promised diddly. Because of the 10th Amendment and state laws presently on the books. That part's important. Obombo didn't promise, it already is law and he is simply enforcing it. State Laws claiming Medicinal use do not cover personal use as does Prop 215 and Alaska's Constitution. The remaining 14 states also are covered under the 10th Amendment because of their so called "mmj" state laws. But only patients according to each states provisions. This is a double edge sword. Since the 10th Amendment also covers draconian darklands legislation. Like Oklahoma's 93 year sentences. The US fascism involved in the Ganjawar is probably the #1 reason the 1% are in such control. From eliminating competition to being incarcerated at will for big bucks and slave labor. The for profit "treatments" over cures and prevention is no more obvious than in the Ganjawar. It is also the most silent of the oppressions. Shunned by Liberals and Neocon lies go unquestioned in fear of association. Every American is effected by the Ganjawar and only barely half want it to end. There is NO greater alternative to fossil fools and farm poisons yet the Greens bury their heads in the sand. It's more than clear what the intent of the government is concerning medicinal cannabis. No medicinal value($$$) ... homegrown in your herb garden. Pitiful. Kill your TV, especially the Alphabet Channel's.

Ganjawar in Everything

Ah, Jeez, Not This Shît Again!

Only Four Remaining People Sent Fed Pot as Medicine - 10/14/01

Money Spent on the War On Drugs so far this Year[

Why Do You Think They Call it DOPE?
* Cannabis Hemp: The Invisible Prohibition Revealed
* The Elkhorn Manifesto
* Marijuana and Hemp: The Untold Story
* The Nation of Apathetic Puppets By John Pilger
* Maintaining Dysfunction

Cover-Ups, Prevarication's, Subversions & Sabotage 02/01/11
CONgress' CONvenient Commerce Santa Clause

Religious drug treatment in Texas
Over the door of one church-based drug treatment center in Houston, a sign printed in foot-high letters announces: "Drug Addiction Is NOT a Disease. It's a Sin."

US Government Patents Medical Pot

Why can’t the US legalize drugs?
There’s ‘too much money in it, ~ Hillary Clinton

Thousands of U.S. agents x $60/hr...
and local police officers

DEA to raid Humboldt County... 400 agents x $60/hr...

Median Hourly Rate by Years/Experience
1-4 years $44.38
5-9 years $44.21
10-19 years $55.00
20 years or more $73.00

Exporting DEAmocracy

President Obama takes a dump on California

DdC's picture
DdC

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.