North American Water and Power Alliance

2 posts / 0 new

Last summer I read about a huge plan to direct water into western USA that the Kennedy administration had nearly put through before JFK was assassinated and all focus went on Vietnam. I looked it up on Wikipedia and there was an ongoing page about it, with maps and pictures and graphs and explanations and quotes from Kennedy's speeches about it.

I don't know exactly when I heard about the tar sands project since then, but at some point I thought that it was odd that both the tar sands pipeline and the NAWAPA map on Wikipedia had similar routes—Western Canada through Western USA and exiting at the bottom. Only the tar sands were sands with grimy oil, while NAWAPA was clear arctic water.

I think that it might have been here that someone posted an article from a Canadian, or maybe it was a Canadian posting here himself, saying that Canada does not want to give up its water. I thought that was kind of strange, and decided to go back to the Wikipedia article and check what exactly the route of NAWAPA was supposed to be, when I had time.

To my shock and surprise, the Wikipedia article that I scanned last summer had vanished. In its place were three paragraphs. The last sentence said that there had recently been a resurgence to "implement NAWAPA."

With the questionable "lead" they gave, I found all of this information.

Karolina's picture
Karolina

Comments

So even if HR 1489 is passed to protect Main Street from Wall Street our nation cannot regain prosperity without a large science driver for our economy like the NAWAPA project. At least I know of no other project in the works that will allow agricultural and industrial production to start giving 6 million productive jobs with concommitant tax base enableing us to have a realistic national budget. We either do this or die as a nation and as a species. LaRouche in "this information" and his students are dedicated to saving the planet through their careful studies of history, culture, science, cosmoclimatology, etc. Interestingly they look at their decisions from a future orientation that is the way all progressive thinkers see.

drag0nfly's picture
drag0nfly

Currently Chatting

The other way we're subsidizing Walmart...

Most of us know how taxpayers subsidize Walmart's low wages with billions of dollars in Medicaid, food stamps, and other financial assistance for workers. But, did you know that we're also subsidizing the retail giant by paying the cost of their environmental destruction.