President Obama has conducted nearly as many raids on marijuana dispensaries as George W. Bush!

4 posts / 0 new

President Obama is defending his decision to crack down on marijuana dispensaries that are legally operating in states that approved medicinal marijuana. In a recent interview with Rolling Stone – President Obama explained that he “can’t ignore completely a federal law that’s on the books” and, thus, has given the Justice Department authority to crack down large-scale producers of marijuana.

The President did say his administration has not prosecuted a single-user of marijuana for medicinal purposes. But what the President doesn’t seem to understand is that sick Americans who depend on marijuana for medicinal purposes can’t have access to the medicine if the Justice Department is raiding suppliers.

In just his first three years in office – President Obama has conducted nearly as many marijuana raids as George W. Bush. It’s time for the President to listen to the majority of Americans who now support marijuana legalization – and end Richard Nixon’s failed drug war.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

Quote Thom Hartmann Administrator:

– President Obama explained that he “can’t ignore completely a federal law that’s on the books”

Yet, they have no problem ignoring enforcement of all the laws on the books against war crimes, fraud, conspiracy, etc.

Time to accept that D -n- R are just two sides of an illegitimate currency. So Do Not Resucitate either of them. There are so many other good choices which remain unexplored.

Rodger97321's picture
Rodger97321

Rodger97321 - You should have a PRESS PASS!

Bravo!

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian

I thank you - I think...

I'm not sure what it means, but I can see it sorts right before PRETTY PASS and that's what things have come to, which is not what I had hoped for - so I'm not sure and clearly a little confused.

Rodger97321's picture
Rodger97321

Currently Chatting

You don't know what 'Libertarian' means...

If you want to know what libertarianism is all about, don’t ask a libertarian, because most of them don’t know.