rich people

14 posts / 0 new

Some people say rich people are really smart! that they would not have got where they are today, having billions or millions in the bank, unless they were smart. so here's my point a country is only rich if it has a good foundation (infastructure) to build upon, secondly it has a good economy to keep it going and third you all as a nation work together to keep going and share in that wealth obviously to different degrees not just for 1% of that country, if you let your infastructure go and take away jobs by sending work abroad so your economy falls and you now have to support a nation who once were supporting themselves. if the foundations of anything goes then everything at the top comes down with it. so are the rich really as smart as they think? A great nation is one that is for the people by the people supporting the people.

There has always been rich and poor, but the bigger the gap gets the closer a country comes to collapse and if this is a world event , what next?

sheild

Comments

I have never handed a resume to a poor person. I have never been offered a job by anyone in the hood. I have what I have because a rich person gave me a job at a salary that I agreed to. Of course I would like to have more money. But I am not willing to go to law school, med school or get a doctorate in education to become a school principle. I am un willing to do that, so they get to be rich and I don't.

The rich pay the bills so that the poor can receive their benefits. The last thing we need is someone who pays no taxes complaining that those of us who do pay don't pay enough.

I don't want a surgeon who is poor working on me. An astronaut does not want a financially struggling engineer designing his rocket. Yes, a rocket scientist should be making a hell of a lot more than a check out clerk.

Thank God for the rich.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

I have a silly question. If the top 10% (the job creators) already have 90% of the wealth in this country then why aren't they creating jobs? Do they insist on have 99.9% of the wealth first? I keep hearing that we can't raise taxes on the job creators or they won't create jobs. Well? They've got all the money and we've got none so where are all of these jobs? What in the hell are they waiting for? Could this all be political?

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Jobs are created by those who have an opportunity to put more money in their pocket by hiring people to do the work that is required to put more money in their pocket. God bless capitalism.

Jobs are not created by those with excess money in their pocket who feel compelled to hire people for no good reason. It's not as if there is ample opportunity to make money, but that extra few % of taxation is just not allowing the hiring to take place.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote rigel1:

I have never handed a resume to a poor person. I have never been offered a job by anyone in the hood. I have what I have because a rich person gave me a job at a salary that I agreed to. Of course I would like to have more money. But I am not willing to go to law school, med school or get a doctorate in education to become a school principle. I am un willing to do that, so they get to be rich and I don't.

The rich pay the bills so that the poor can receive their benefits. The last thing we need is someone who pays no taxes complaining that those of us who do pay don't pay enough.

I don't want a surgeon who is poor working on me. An astronaut does not want a financially struggling engineer designing his rocket. Yes, a rocket scientist should be making a hell of a lot more than a check out clerk.

Thank God for the rich.

I pay taxes up the ass and I'm the one complaining that the rich don't pay enough. I have never heard a welfare recipient demanding that the rich pay more in taxes. I don't begrudge rich people at all. Even amongst the poor someone in that group will be considered rich. I just expect the rich to pay more in taxes than I do because they are obviously benefitting more from the country than I do. That's why most of them are rich.

You should give yourself more credit rigel. According to you, without rich people you are nothing. That would be absolutely wrong. Without you, the laborer or the producer or the consumer or whichever of those things you are, the rich person is nothing. It takes both sides of the spectrum to tango.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Quote rigel1:

Thank God for the rich.

More conservative bullshit from a poster who cannot even finish a fight he started...

Dominic C

Do you think people are poor by choice?
"The rich pay bills so the poor can receive their benifits". Most people would rather work earning a wage paying their own bills than be on benifits.
no one should be paying more tax than anyone else, if it was 25% tax, then rich or middle class or low paid workers should all pay their 25%, so you make $1,000,000, you pay 25% tax on it, you make $250 you pay your 25%.
If a person is skilled enough to be a surgeon, how do you know if he's rich enough to work on you? do you ask for a bank statement before he starts,
How do you know an astronaut does not want a financially struggling engineer desiging his rocket? does his wage packet affect his intellect and his ideas?
you don't have to thank God for the rich, He actually created us all equal.
Greed created the gap between rich and poor.
I hope your statement has impressed your rich employer.

sheild
Quote rigel1:

I have never handed a resume to a poor person. I have never been offered a job by anyone in the hood.

This is true.

The converse, that only rich people hire employees, is not true.

Although it could be argued that anyone who has a business in the hood, be it the barber, mechanic, etc., did get a "job" from a poor person who was his customer.

Thank you for not lying.

chilidog
Quote chilidog:
Quote rigel1:

I have never handed a resume to a poor person. I have never been offered a job by anyone in the hood.

This is true.

The converse, that only rich people hire employees, is not true.

Although it could be argued that anyone who has a business in the hood, be it the barber, mechanic, etc., did get a "job" from a poor person who was his customer.

Thank you for not lying.

Chili,

This guy is not worth debating in any way, shape, or form. He is no different than any of the conservative idealogues we see here even though he tries to portray himself as being "open minded".

I thought he was worth debating until he just ran from a thread that he started when the going got rough.

Dominic C

Yeah, I know. Still, there is the line from a rather smart rich guy, old Joe Kennedy, who said that he would gladly give away half his fortune (in taxes, etc.) as long as he could keep the other half. How smart were the French aristorcracy? How brilliant were all the great minds on Wall St. that Alan Greedspan trusted to make 'wise decision?"

The whole idea that the rich are smart flies in the face of experience. So does the idea that a rich man will give you a job, other than as a butler or driver. For less money than he will spend on his animals.

We know better than this, so let's talk about why loving is smart and why people who love other people will create the conditions for others to live, and work, while those who hate and resent others will just use their money to oppress others.

DRC's picture
DRC
Quote DRC:

Yeah, I know. Still, there is the line from a rather smart rich guy, old Joe Kennedy, who said that he would gladly give away half his fortune (in taxes, etc.) as long as he could keep the other half. How smart were the French aristorcracy? How brilliant were all the great minds on Wall St. that Alan Greedspan trusted to make 'wise decision?"

The whole idea that the rich are smart flies in the face of experience. So does the idea that a rich man will give you a job, other than as a butler or driver. For less money than he will spend on his animals.

We know better than this, so let's talk about why loving is smart and why people who love other people will create the conditions for others to live, and work, while those who hate and resent others will just use their money to oppress others.

I think this is your answer:

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1968042,00.html

http://www.livescience.com/18683-rich-people-lie-cheat-study.html

I wonder what the mouthbreathers would have to say about this...

Dominic C

rigel is one of the many trollers that come to this site. He isn't interested in learning anything just stirring shit up.....He's worthless and he needs us to remind him of that everytime he opens his yapper up,,,,,

Sprinklerfitter's picture
Sprinklerfitter

Do you actually know anyone who is rich? I certainly do. I owned my own company in Dallas TX for 20 years and worked around the rich. Then I worked for 7 years for a retired CEO of a Fortune 500 company who I had know for the previous 18 years. The longer you have big money the more isolated, detached and egocentric you become. You can see it as you watch sports figures or any celebrity rise and then go crazy. My experience with the wealthy proved to me that they will pull you close when they can get something out of you or you're just useful in some way, and then when that's over it will be as if you never existed.

Here's a good example: The folks I worked for had a 70 year old Mexican man work for them. After 25 years he made $9.25 and hour and worked seven days a week. He was a "wage slave" to them. They helped him become a US citizen because it was less trouble for them, but would not let him bring his family up from Mexico to be with him. He saw his family for 2 weeks once a year. This man was/is a "wage slave."

Meanwhile they spent endless money on themselves and had the gall to tell me that I shouldn't vote for Obama because he would put them out of business.

The longer you have money, the more isolated you become and mental illness sets in. They become surrounded by folks who think that because the rich guy was able to accumulate money that he must be special. The farthest thing from the truth. The rich guy was good at only one thing.... being at the right place at the right time.

I have never know such lonely miserable people in my life.

delete jan in iowa

Bushwacker, just to add to your argument, at this point the rich aren't even paying the same percent as the average working stiff. On average the rich pay 15-22% to average guy's 32%. The rich need to pay their fair share or more.

scriber1's picture
scriber1

Currently Chatting

The world we're leaving for today's teens...

Without immediate global action on climate change, today's teenagers will be forced to live with the consequences of our inaction. The World Bank has issued their third report of climate change, and it says that global temperatures could rise by as much as 4 degrees Celsius by the time today's teens hit their 80th birthday.