Right Wing Machine

4 posts / 0 new

Hi Thom,
Love the show. I had waited last week, but wasn't able to get on.
I was responding to a discussion regarding just how the republicans spread their messages and energy. I won't mention any by name, but many...many, many...multi-level marketing type businesses infiltrate home, work and just about any other personal space we have. We all have received that phone call from a brother-in-law, work-mate, neighbor or cousin touting a "...great business opportunity just made for you!".
My personal experience was with one of those (begins with an "A" and ends with a "way") and I was exposed during the time Reagan was running for president. Understand, there is intention far beyond selling soap...or whatever...and the content of their message is none too subtle. After initial contact, there are meetings (and more meetings), seminars and "rallies"; not to mention one-on-one exposure to the local, regional and world-wide grand pubahs in the "business".
We must change. We must look, walk, talk and behave as the "up-line" dictates. We must have that business suite (with the red tie) and by all means, no facial hair. But that's okay because they have sold us on a DREAM; a dream of success; a dream of wealth and travel. However, we can't get there as we are and we accept that. It truly is brainwashing.
All those meetings, seminars and rallies are staged like the fourth of July, with huge screen productions (even in the late 70's and early 80's) and heart pounding music with singing and total adoration to those "above" us. There is a certain form of worship that is expected of us, the minions. And the way human nature seems to function; worship for our "superiors" means worshiping what they worship.
I'm not aware of any type of study done, but I would be willing to wager that "A_way" elected Ronald Reagan as assuredly as any formal efforts of the campaign. It wouldn't surprise me if, along with Fox no-News and "pundits", the tops of these pyramids receive their marching orders and talking points directly from the corporate backed, Karl Rove neo-con think tanks.
We should all be careful of what we wish for…and desire. Or at least consider the path we choose and those we permit to influence us.
I'm not really saying anything against any business. The soap is great…the politics stinks.
Lee

LeeT3's picture
LeeT3

Comments

Yes, that soap company has been a known Republican front group for decades. Stay away.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

Wonderful description of their cultish order, Lee. My ex fell for it and we ended up getting divorced not long after that due to irreconcilable differences between us that came out during her infatuation with it. In the version to which I was briefly exposed, with great reluctance I might add -- all my intuitions were screaming danger! -- everyone was also expected to join the same religion if they wanted to be "successful", which brought back some bitter childhood memories for me.

Another ought-to-be-frightening connection is between the DeVos family and another extreme right family that spawned Erik Prince in that same Michigan right wing Bible Belt spawning ground.

Erik Prince, the devout evangelical Christian crusader, started Blackwater, the mercenary army corporation, which morphed into Xe Services LLC, and now Academi. Who knows what's next. Dahr Jamal, an investigative journalist, attempts to keep up on this corporate disease (I say that with some irony because the Iraqi's named a virulent form of malaria after Blackwater).

.ren's picture
.ren

Those companies of mercenaries can't really be considered "ex-military" as their move into private armies, defense contractor industries and the propaganda wing, which is the mainstream media, is a coordinated effort designed to detach effective control of the military away from the government and into corporate control. So all of those "ex-military" influenced operations should be considered as "deep cover" for the moment. Criminal capitalism is setting up for the big move in which they will attempt to discard any pretense of government and shift directly into dictatorial rule. To facilitate such a radical action they are going to have to adopt a new bogus enemy, since the "war on terror" is wearing thin already when all they can do is shoot at people who they can't even identify as real targets,

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/04/19

So expect something out of this world such as "planet-swallowing black holes" or "alien infiltrators" to be the next "red" herring to frighten the populace into backing the next never-ending war.

jmacneil's picture
jmacneil

Currently Chatting

You don't know what 'Libertarian' means...

If you want to know what libertarianism is all about, don’t ask a libertarian, because most of them don’t know.