The Rupert Murdoch phone-hacking scandal could be coming to the United States

2 posts / 0 new

This week – the lead lawyer filing suit against Murdoch’s media empire in the U.K. – Mark Lewis – is headed to the United States where he intends to file three lawsuits on behalf of people who believed their phones were hacked while they were on U.S. soil. One of those people is reported to be an American citizen.

So far the phone hacking scandal has led to multiple arrests of Murdoch’s employees in the U.K. and the shuttering of Murdoch’s News of the World tabloid. But – the scandal has yet to reach the home base of Murdoch’s media empire known as NewsCorp in New York City – where Murdoch’s gem Fox so-called News operates. This is a story definitely worth keeping a close eye on.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

That's why all of the stories started coming out of FOX that Obama is really a nice guy... Oh yeah! FIRE THE JUDGE!!! NOW!!!

How to get fired from FOX in 5 Minutes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaCemmsnNk

I hope this speech lives on FOREVER!

I "double-dog-dare" for Thom Hartmann to quote this speech WORD FOR WORD on "The Big Picture". I wish every "news" institution quoted this speech... what would happen?

What would happen?

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian

Currently Chatting

What will it take to go green?

In the wake of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami that devastated the Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan, that nation embraced more solar and wind and took a hard look at nuclear power. Apparently, it's going to take a similar disaster in our nation to get the United States to make the switch to green energy.