The Rupert Murdoch phone-hacking scandal could be coming to the United States

2 posts / 0 new

This week – the lead lawyer filing suit against Murdoch’s media empire in the U.K. – Mark Lewis – is headed to the United States where he intends to file three lawsuits on behalf of people who believed their phones were hacked while they were on U.S. soil. One of those people is reported to be an American citizen.

So far the phone hacking scandal has led to multiple arrests of Murdoch’s employees in the U.K. and the shuttering of Murdoch’s News of the World tabloid. But – the scandal has yet to reach the home base of Murdoch’s media empire known as NewsCorp in New York City – where Murdoch’s gem Fox so-called News operates. This is a story definitely worth keeping a close eye on.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...
Dec. 29, 2009 10:59 am

That's why all of the stories started coming out of FOX that Obama is really a nice guy... Oh yeah! FIRE THE JUDGE!!! NOW!!!

How to get fired from FOX in 5 Minutes!

I hope this speech lives on FOREVER!

I "double-dog-dare" for Thom Hartmann to quote this speech WORD FOR WORD on "The Big Picture". I wish every "news" institution quoted this speech... what would happen?

What would happen?

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian
Feb. 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Latest Headlines

White House opposes bill blocking Iran nuclear deal

President Barack Obama will veto the bill, saying that the Iran nuclear deal addresses only nuclear issues

Where would Afghanistan be today if the US and Russia had just left it alone?

The United States and Russia are really in a very awkward place right now

Kremlin: Syria air strikes target 'a list' of groups

US Senator John McCain said he can confirm Russian air strikes were against the Free Syrian Army recruits

"The market has become tilted..."

It seems like the most popular word in this election cycle is 'inequality,' but we need more than talk to narrow the great divide between the haves and have-nots in our nation.

According to a recent article by former Labor Secretary Robert Reich, the pro-corporate elite have rigged the system against us, and it's going to take the majority of us standing together to change the system.