The State of Our Nation & Immigration Policy: An Agenda?

2 posts / 0 new

Greetings all--

I have to preface this by saying this is a question I'm posing purely for the hopes that it begins a significant dialogue. Some may claim it has a 'conspiracy' edge to it. Perhaps you're right. Though, I wouldn't go that far. Just something I was thinking about after Thom made a comment earlier in the week. I have forgotten the catalyst to the thought, but nonetheless, here it is.

Does anyone feel that there may be a hidden agenda for Republicans acting as they do, specifically in regards to Immigration policy. Perhaps a better way to say this is: does one feel that in order to keep immigrants out--specifically those of Hispanic decent--Republicans are trying to do more and more that they can in the legislative branch so make America look like a less than favorable place to live.

I admit, I'm only 24 and I know very little about the world, politics, etc. I am a Social Science teacher though, so I feel I am competent in this subject matter. I'm always striving to learn more about how other people think, because I feel, that participating and listening to these dialogues are the way that I've always learned the most.

So I invite anyone to weigh in with their opinion of this.

http://www.census.gov/population/www/pop-profile/natproj.html - This may be of use. I looked it over prior to this post.

Thanks all.

Mike

_xwanderer

Comments

I don't think that Republican really want illegal imigrants out. I feel that they use it to tug on the strings of the American public but in reality they know that illegal imigrants working in the US keeps costs down and profits up for business. There's always a lot of tough talk but the truth is in their actions.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Currently Chatting

End. Fracking. Now!

California is already dealing with the worst drought in that state's history. So, the last thing residents needed was to learn that some of their dwindling water supply has been contaminated.