Take ACTION NOW to support Solar Energy in California

6 posts / 0 new

Subject: Tell Public Utilities Commission on the verge of a big decision for solar - take action!

Dear Friend,

As the most anti-environmental congress in Washington maintains their relentless pursuit of dirty energy and dirty pollution, California is on the verge of a game-changing decision that could help nearly double the amount of customer-produced solar power in our state.

The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) will vote next month on a plan that would fix a loophole which currently allows utilities to unfairly limit benefits to producers of solar energy in California, (a program called net metering.)

Many utilities are fighting back hard. But if the PUC hears from enough Californian's there's a very good chance they could move forward with this important plan which would be a boon to solar power in the golden state.

I just signed a petition to tell CPUC to move forward. Please take action now to support solar energy in California:

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/ca_net_metering/?r_by=39180-2881632-7HpJWAx&rc=paste1

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Comments

Anyone out there taking action on the issues I post or am I wasting my time here?

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

No problem with solar energy but dont ask for my money to subsidies it.

CollegeConservative's picture
CollegeConservative

Did you click on the link to sign the message that you support it? Doesn't cost you anything to do that and it would certainly be appreciated! ;-)

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Yes that's the problem with solar energy, it is hard for it to compete with traditional forms of energy. If is was cost competitive, it would need no subsudy, solar panels would be selling like hot cakes all on their own.

mauiman58's picture
mauiman58

Not a fan of government mandate for either side.

CollegeConservative's picture
CollegeConservative