Thrive Movement, The Official Movie

9 posts / 0 new

A very professional and informative documentary by a man born into wealth. Foster Gamble (of Proctor & Gamble) and his wife Kimberely have started a movement and I suggest you all watch What on Earth Will it Take?

This will be a cult classic eclipsing Zeitgeist and you will likely hear about it soon enough so get the jump on it here. The documentary is two hours long but sails along with splendid animation, scenery and has some great interviews with some smart folks with whom we are familiar and some we are not. These are intelligent and sincere people and focus upon our human potential and what went wrong. It starts off with a look at free energy that they claim was and is suppressed by . . . and moves onto the failings of our education system, the control over our medical, food etc. It talks about the ruling families of the banking pyramid and Foster even outs Procter and Gamble for their dubious contribution to tracking citizens.

It concludes with sound solutions and will leave you feeling that many more people, even those born into great wealth, are trying to identify the problems and fix them. If you like mathematical symmetry in nature you will love the first part. I hope the younger generation takes the time away from their first person shooter games to watch. I'd love to hear comments from you all.

This is the three minute trailer. Go to the clips above this and select the "official movie."

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=thrive+movement+movie&mid=684BC281FED8B0B7F9F5684BC281FED8B0B7F9F5&view=detail&FORM=VIRE1

Choco's picture
Choco

Comments

Thanks Choco for the information and link to the movie. It was beautifully done, and as you said in a different thread, it offered hope. For me it was exciting to see that many of the thoughts and conclusions that I have come to were confirmed by people who, apparently, confirmed them for themselves. That includes everything from Buckminster Fuller, free energy, crop circles, the possibilities of visiting aliens — to the unimaginable evil of the international elite, the horrors they have purposely created, and their interest in reducing the world population.

The last 5 minutes I will have to look at again. Why were Foster and his wife not afraid of putting all of that "out there", after they have confirmed that the lives of many who tried to bring free energy to humanity or the truth about the age-old banking scam —have been ruined?

Sorry for seeming overly cautious, I want to be sure that they are not just calming the screams of the sheep that know that the final end of the line is slaughter for someone else's feast? I hope not. I just want to be sure not to be be led somewhere that might not be where I want to go. I am not familiar with the Austrian economist that Foster quoted before showing the potentially utopian world.

I may just be still under the influence of the traumatizing human tragedies and vulgar self-serving nastiness that was discussed and shown.

Karolina's picture
Karolina

Thanks choco. It looks like we have some rain coming in the next day or two. I'll have a chance to sit down and go through it. Right now, Spring has sprung, and there's no better place to be than outside.

.ren's picture
.ren

Thank,s for bringing this to the attention of everyone here Choco ,i was actually watching THRIVE last night again,its great and is part of the waking up of humanity and the raising of collective consciousness to change collective consciousness.

The world is the way it is because humans believe in a cultural story of separation and survival of the fittest if we want to change this we could choose some new guiding principles-the first one would be that we are all one and the second would be that there is enough to go around for everyone.

At this time the people who are creating the current reality or run the world ,a small group of mostly old men believe life is survival of the fittest and that we are all separate from each other .This is there world view which is pure fallacy,but until we put in place a new cultural story or new beliefs to challenge this nothing will change ,hats of to the Gambles for producing this film they are the fearless ones !!!

400 CHILDREN DIE EVERY HOUR ON OUR PLANET RIGHT NOW !

And do you know the sad thing this is on our watch ?

What happened to give me liberty or give me death its time for the civil rights movement for the soul of humanity,i for one have had enough of the old men who run our world.

The first thing we can do is follow the money and call for a transparent monetary system where every transaction is open to public scrutiny nothing changes human behavior faster than a little bit of sunshine and visability is another word for truth.

The truth shall set you free namaste We are all on the same team

Humanity,s Team

humanitys team's picture
humanitys team

Karolina asked: "I am not familiar with the Austrian economist that Foster quoted before showing the potentially utopian world."

It's the Ludwig Von Mises Institute. http://mises.org/ Ron Paul is a big fan and refers to this system a lot. I've read their material off and on and there is a lot of common economic sense mixed in with a libertarian bent. There are debates on youtube of Austrian economics vs. Keynesian economics. I'm not sure there is any one system that is perfect and I will continue to seek out information and learn about Austrian/Von Mises Institute economics.

I don't think anyone of us has to be an economist to see that whatever system is in place is not working very well. The Austrian system is not fond of the Federal Reserve and neither am I, yet I am not a person who thinks that getting the government entirely out of the way is the solution either, and I'm not sure that is the Austrian way. In any case, I'll just conclude by saying I will learn about it more. As you pointed out, this is one reference in the documentary that piqued my curiosity.

Choco's picture
Choco

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/georgia-kelly/thrive-film_b_1168930.html?ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb

While I may not share the author's faith in massive, hierarchal institutions (I agree with Hedges, who advocates a permanent alienation from power), her deconstruction of Thrive is probably worth reading.

Let's please not establish a false dichotomy that says you either believe in these sorts of grand conspiracies, including alien cover-ups, or you are in denial about the interconnectedness of various global issues, or problems.

Of course Proctor and Gamble wants to promote free market ideology. And that's no conspiracy.

Garrett78's picture
Garrett78

That article says all the things that I was feeling in the last quarter of the film. The first 3/4 was such an emotional ride that I wasn't sure if I was just reacting from my anger and disgust at the monsters that are able to commit genoside, or I was actually feeling a true disconnect from the calming and encouraging tone of the film and the reassuring interviews with Amy Goodman and other progressives — and then a sudden drive toward libertarianism. That was why I didn't go to the website right away.

Yeah, Procter & Gamble was definitely up there with all the big boys in advertising and PR in the Mad Men era. Must be in the DNA.

Karolina's picture
Karolina

The Georgia Kelly article from Huff Post was informative and helps sort out some of the perspectives on the libertarian slant of the Thrive movie. However, I don't think Foster Gamble and his wife are pushing a "radical" libertarian view. Perhaps we would be better to avoid political and ideological boxes at this time. I think we are all looking for a synthesis of the best of the existing systems coupled with some outside the box creative solutions mixed with indigenous sustainabile wisdoms that venerate our connections to earth and complex biological interdependent processes. I looked through the mission statement of the Praxis Peace Institute http://praxispeace.org/praxis_think_tank.php and linked the Mondragan conference http://vimeo.com/3727192. I can't find too much to fault and a lot to praise. The worker owned companies and limits to CEO salaries are some of the things she talks about in the vimeo video.

So we have people trying to develop better systems and we need to consider them before putting them in a box and dismissing them, or as they say, throwing out the baby with the bathwater, The Venus Project, The Thrive Movement, The Praxis Peace Movement . . . . All have merits and all deserve scrutiny.

Choco's picture
Choco

You hit the nail on the head Choco. It's the results that ultimately matter, not the ideology. Find what works best and impliment it. The only legitimate place for ideology is between one's ears. The real world demands real answers and real results.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Currently Chatting

Earth's credit card has been maxed out!

If Earth's resources were a credit card, we have already maxed out our entire allocation for this year. The think thank Global Footprint Network announced that August 19th was “Earth Overshoot Day,” meaning that all the resources we use after that day exceed what our planet can produce in a single year.