TIME SENSITIVE>PLEASE SIGN PETITION TO STOP TAR SANDS PIPELINE!

1 post / 0 new

Stop the New England tar sands pipeline

Enbridge, a Canadian pipeline company, is planning to funnel toxic tar sands oil through New England – and trying to get out of telling the public what will happen to the drinking water when there is a spill.

We can force them to come clean about the threat of a tar sands spill by convincing the Canadian National Energy Board to order an environmental review. To show public demand for the review, Friends of the Earth, along with American and Canadian allied organizations, is planning to deliver 25,000 letters this Monday, April 23.

Sign the petition at the link I have provided below demanding a full review of the safety risks, and we’ll deliver it to the Energy Board on Monday. Text of petition as follows>Dear Canadian National Energy Board:

I urge you to review the full environmental impacts of Enbridge's plan to reverse its Line 9 pipeline in Ontario. The pipeline reversal is the first step in Enbridge’s long-term plan to bring toxic tar sands oil across New England to the U.S. east coast.

Tar sands pipelines pose huge risks to the environment, clean water and the climate, and these impacts must be accounted for in your decision.

I stand with Canadian allies in urging you conduct a full environmental review and, ultimately, to protect the public on both sides of the border by stopping Enbridge's plans to pump tar sands oil through New England. https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/455/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=10252 The petition is provided by FRIENDS OF THE EARTH. They need to deliver it by THIS MONDAY April 23rd. Please sign and pass it along.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Currently Chatting

The world we're leaving for today's teens...

Without immediate global action on climate change, today's teenagers will be forced to live with the consequences of our inaction. The World Bank has issued their third report of climate change, and it says that global temperatures could rise by as much as 4 degrees Celsius by the time today's teens hit their 80th birthday.